Quote Originally Posted by dataspot View Post
Ralf,

I've always liked Accumulated Knowledge in Solidarity. It cantrips early when you're looking for lands and keeps the combo going later on, drawing lots of cards. It's not as good as Meditate at being flashed back with Mission Briefing or Snapcaster Mage, but it still seems solid and costs 1 less. Impulse is better when you're looking for specific cards but AK is better when you want to get multiple cards.

I just don't know where you would fit it in the deck, since you want to have all 4.
AK is a very fine card in a vacuum but as you said the pb lies within "how to fit it in".

There are two very distinct periods in any Solidarity games:

1) the first period is sculpting your hand and making land drops
2) the second one is the combo turn

- During phase 1 (which can be long or short), Impulse seems to be better (not saying "is" better because it's my point of view) at finding what you need; be it lands or combo pieces. The more that setup phase lasts the less impulse is better than AK in a vacuum, ofc.

- During phase 2 (the combo turn), Meditate seems to be better (blablaba) at empowering your combo wheels. My rational would definitely check the mana spent per card drawn. Meditate wins hand down easily, not to mention the need of finding multiple AK just to match Meditate's effect.

To conclude, I would say that to make AK good enough for Solidarity, I feel you need to wrap your deck around it (intuition for example) and that is not a path I would take.

But, as usual, this is only from a theorical point of view and only tests will tell whether I am right or wrong.

Ralf