Page 201 of 207 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4123

Thread: [Deck] Solidarity

Re: [Deck] Solidarity

Haven't seen anyone comment on this list that 5-0'd on 13/10/18. Been testing with it at my local to pretty good success. I'm not a seasoned Solidarity player so I don't feel comfortable with making changes to the list quite yet. But I am interested in hearing your guys feedback.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'll say, interesting...no mage a full set of M. briefing. Seems that makes knowledge stronger whit the addtiion of mental note. Why no Thought scour in that slot?

I have a concern with the counter wall, seems poor.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    I'll say, interesting...no mage a full set of M. briefing. Seems that makes knowledge stronger whit the addtiion of mental note. Why no Thought scour in that slot?

I have a concern with the counter wall, seems poor.
    You may have missed that the list plays full sets of both Thought Scour and Mental Note, which I think is interesting.

Edit: revisiting my second point. I also didn't read the list properly... The counter wall consists of 4x FoW and 4x Fluster. That's pretty solid, right?

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

I'm so excited for solidarity right now! Reposting here a comment I made on Reddit:

For some context, two Solidarity lists placed 5-0 in the Legacy Challenge, as discussed here:

- https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetyp...-u-60683#paper
    - https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetyp...-u-60904#paper

I used to play Solidarity a few years ago and avidly follow the thread on The Source. I haven't played Magic in a while, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think Mission Briefing could bring back Solidarity.

-----------

I think the version that plays Mental Note / Thought Scour / Accumulated Knowledge is too cute and too graveyard-dependent. When playing Solidarity, the setup phase is very important. During the first few turns, you want to ensure you make land drops, since you need Islands when combing off. At the same time, you want to sculpt your hand with at least one High Tide, one untap Effect (Reset, Turnabout, Snap), and some card draw. You often lose because you can't make enough land drops before the opponent kills you. I think Opt and Impulse are more reliable spells to achieve this. Mental Note / Thought Scour are too random IMO. I know Opt sucks in comparison to Ponder, but we need a one-mana Instant that can give us some semblance of card selection...

-----------

Also, Mission Briefing is just awesome in this deck. Even better than Snapcaster Mage. You can't do tricks with SCM + Snap (which let you win on turn 3), but it has many advantages:

- Surveil lets you "scry" into your deck, which is awesome in the setup phase, when sculpting your hand. It's also awesome during the combo turn, where you can put two lands on top of your library with Brainstorm, then scry them to your graveyard with Mission Briefing.
    - Surveil does not target, so it's better than SCM against Surgical Extraction. If they extract one spell, you can always choose a different one
    - If you have two Mission Briefing and mana, you can chain them to Surveil through 8 cards.

-----------

Visions of Beyond could make a comeback, since Mission Briefing could fuel it. People had some success with it in 2012. You can even do a "mini Brain Freeze" to turn it on. Maybe it could work in the Thought Scour / Mental Note version, but I think it would also work in a version that does not play those mill effects.

-----------

Also, I don't understand why the recent Solidarity versions don't play more untap effects. Old school versions used to play 4 Reset + 2 Turnabout + 0-4 Snap. It's hard enough to find one of your four High Tide while setting up, so why make it more difficult by needing to assemble one High Tide and one Reset? If you have more untap effects in your deck, you can focus on finding the one High Tide.

-----------

I think recent Solidarity versions could also play a few Brain Freeze main deck. You can win a lot of games with 6 storm + Snapcaster / Mission Briefing + Brain Freeze (mills (8+9)*3=51 cards), without needing to go for a big combo turn.

-----------

Remand could also help with that mini-Brain Freeze plan, and is just insane against counterspells... High Tide --> Opponent Counterspells --> Remand my own High Tide, fizzle your FoW, draw a card... Then you start going off again, or you wait one more turn if you can afford to.
    I would play less Flusterstorm and more Remand. You can play around counterspells anyway, since Solidarity is instant-speed. Flusterstorm is good in specific matchups (against discard, Reanimator, Storm). Against control, you can also start counterspell battles to up the Storm count, then double Brain Freeze the opponent.

-----------

I would look at old versions of solidarity with Snapcaster Mage, and see how we could fit Mission Briefing in. I would in particular look at benthetenor's lists, he was a great deckbuilder: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post636333

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Nice, definitely gonna comment for just having the balls to run this online. List has some interesting choices, but it looks like 99% close to the latest list I played some years ago. You cut the Brain Freeze's from the main-deck which can be good or bad, and slapped in 4 Opts and 1 Peek. You run 19 lands, which is great, I've been on 19 lands for what feels like forever with this deck, never liked how 18 felt. How was Mission Briefing? Any time you liked it more than Snapcaster Mage, or do you wish you had gone 4/1 split, rather than 2/3 split? It looks very good, but scry2 is not THAT much better, it can't chump block, cant put a clock on your opponent, and has no play with Snap. Would have been a nice effect to have with DRS around, and is probably very nice with dealing with Surgicals coming out of the sideboard, but I'm not sure the effect is better than a 2/1 body. Opt has gotten a lot more credit in Modern over these last couple of years. Crazy to think a foil is now like $35. I fell in love with VoB a little, but if you aren't running BF main then Opt it is. I might lean towards a 3/2 split with Peek since we all know how strong Gitaxian Probe was for it's effect, but scry 1 is scry 1.

Last list I ran was -3 Briefing, -4 Peek, -1 Opt, -1 Meditate, -1 Search, +4 VoB, +2 Brain Freeze, +2 Snapcaster Mage, +1 Snap, +1 FoW. Not really that different at all, just running Brain Freeze main-deck since I first started playing and feel the printing of Snapcaster Mage made it a lot more powerful to MD. A lot of games that go long that a Mage->Freeze->Mage let you win without trying to go too big.

How was it like having no Meditate to wish for? Been running #4 in the SB for a long time, but maybe it's time to bring it back in the MD. Zenith is sometimes a tad bit expensive. Also, was Azcanta any good? Seems saucy, but like every other non-instant a dead draw mid-combo, which alongisde 19 lands, 3 FoW, and 3 Flusters can make you fizzle.

The land count has always been debated. It usually was 18, but some people went down to 17 with more cantrips to compensate. Here we have 19. I think 18 lands should be enough if we play 4 Opt / 4 Impulse / 4 Mission Briefing / 0-3 Peek & Visions of Beyond.

Mission Briefing is great during the setup phase, because it gives us card selection with Surveil, letting us find our lands. We could even cast it if stuck on two lands and desperately looking for a third land. It's card disadvantage, but it's still better than SCM which is doing nothing until you hit the third land (apart from blocking some creature). Better cast Mission Briefing and Surveil 2 than go to discard phase...

Of course, you could also say that 19 lands is OK, since you can use Mission Briefing to Surveil unneeded lands to your graveyard during the combo turn :)

-------------------------

"which alongisde 19 lands, 3 FoW, and 3 Flusters can make you fizzle."

That's why I tend to prefer Remand to Flusterstorm maindeck. Remand can always be used to dig deeper in the deck in a pinch... Flusterstorm just lets you fizzle. Also, Flusterstorm is useless in some matchups. I would keep Flusterstorm in the SB for specific matchups where it is really needed.

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

Quote Originally Posted by SirTylerGalt View Post
    The land count has always been debated. It usually was 18, but some people went down to 17 with more cantrips to compensate. Here we have 19. I think 18 lands should be enough if we play 4 Opt / 4 Impulse / 4 Mission Briefing / 0-3 Peek & Visions of Beyond.

Mission Briefing is great during the setup phase, because it gives us card selection with Surveil, letting us find our lands. We could even cast it if stuck on two lands and desperately looking for a third land. It's card disadvantage, but it's still better than SCM which is doing nothing until you hit the third land (apart from blocking some creature). Better cast Mission Briefing and Surveil 2 than go to discard phase...

Of course, you could also say that 19 lands is OK, since you can use Mission Briefing to Surveil unneeded lands to your graveyard during the combo turn :)

-------------------------

"which alongisde 19 lands, 3 FoW, and 3 Flusters can make you fizzle."

That's why I tend to prefer Remand to Flusterstorm maindeck. Remand can always be used to dig deeper in the deck in a pinch... Flusterstorm just lets you fizzle. Also, Flusterstorm is useless in some matchups. I would keep Flusterstorm in the SB for specific matchups where it is really needed.
    Remand also works better with Breifing. Since it doesnt exile until resolution. Another reason to run Freeze main. Mill it at any point, use Breifing to get it back, then double up with Remand.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

I've been playing Izzet a lot in Arena, have really noticed a couple of great spells that might work into Solidarity ~

Radical Idea ~ better than cycling since it counts for spell count. The flexibility could offset the higher mana cost
    Expand // Explosion ~ Solidarity has run Twincast in the past, this adds a win option as long as you can get a source of red
    Murmuring Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by jiazhouhuaqiao View Post
    I've been playing Izzet a lot in Arena, have really noticed a couple of great spells that might work into Solidarity ~

Radical Idea ~ better than cycling since it counts for spell count. The flexibility could offset the higher mana cost
    Expand // Explosion ~ Solidarity has run Twincast in the past, this adds a win option as long as you can get a source of red
    Murmuring Mystic
    I am relatively new to this archetype but what I have gleaned from this forum and research is that the reason to play mono blue is that we are nearly wasteland proof and why would we splash for red if we already have twincast? Also isn't Murmuring Mystic just a strictly worse Talrand, Sky Summoner?

Quote Originally Posted by jiazhouhuaqiao View Post

Murmuring Mystic
    it can't copy stuff like an opponent's ad nauseum. its a corner case, but can definitely help to out-combo other combo decks.

i'm not convinced the other half will be helpful enough to merit use. we already have draw X, and the 2 red can be really hard to get without really bending the deck around, i suspect. if you happen to run 1 volcanic, all of your opponent's wastelands can basically only hit that, and you'd need to out-stack that land destruction effect (which sure, can be done, but i'm not sure if it'd be worth the effort).

But then again, i've been wrong before, and i'd love to see a third/fourth path to victory.

So I’ve recently been pottering about on scryfall, and came across some old tech - vendilion clique.

So it’s a clunky flash guy(s) who can’t be wished for and works like discard (but not really). Further up on the old thread, there was talk about it being unusable.

In my testing though, it seems to be pretty ok. I can use it to ‘opt’ myself, thoughtseize an opponent, or use it as a 7 turn clock (not likely, but I like having outs).

Words of wisdom - another potential wincon that doesn’t set me back tonnes of mana, and can be used as a 2 mana draw 2. It’d either replace blue sun or used alongside. Unsure about it

Disrupt - I have it as a 2-of. Seems very good against discard and other disruption. And cantrips.

Flusterstorm - I dunno why I’ve never mained mine, but being able to respond with a BS, impulse, flusterstorm storm a counterbalance is very fun. I never thought of it as a 1 mana hard counter before.

Stifle/trickbind - I’m not sure if it’s worth 3 or 4-of main, just to kill fetches and buy more setup time.

Search for Alcatraz - I don’t actually get what this is doing on the SB on some of the recent builds. Can anyone explain this one? Is it used as a 2-mana land drop?

Mission briefing (and gy package) - how do you guys like this build? It’s starting to feel like a whole separate deck in its own right. Thought scour, mental note, accumulated knowledge instead of brain freeze-flash of insight. Would anyone here give insight into either/both?

Having briefly tested the mission briefing style, it feels slower in setup, but somehow resilient. I think the idea of being able to replay anything from the gy makes it feel less reliant on draw/sifting, but the classic flash of insight is far more explosive and catches opponents off guard.

If anyone else has interesting cards that may or may not work, let me know! Seems fun to try em out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

May 2013
    Paris, France

Hello,

Since Briefing was unleashed I was toying around a bit with it.

I tried some of the 5/0 lists and felt disappointed. I am not a big fan of Flusterstorm MD and I had issue with hitting land n°2 and n°3 far too often to my taste.

Anyway, here are few changes I made from my post ban DRS list to better fight the actual meta.
    I was concerned that cutting "Remand" for "Unsubstantiate" would reduce the overall stability of the deck (as you don't get to draw) but with the inclusion of Briefing I have yet to fail.

11 Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta

2 Brain Freeze

4 Force of Will
    3 Unsubstantiate
    3 Cunning Wish

4 Opt
    4 Brainstorm
    4 High Tide
    4 Reset
    4 Impulse
    3 Meditate
    2 Mission Briefing
    1 Snap

3 Snapcaster Mage

SB: 1 Blue Sun's Zenith
    SB: 1 Brain Freeze
    SB: 3 Disrupt
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 Evacuation
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Hurkyl's Recall
    SB: 1 Meditate
    SB: 2 Ravenous Trap
    SB: 1 Rebuild
    SB: 1 Snap
    SB: 1 Turnabout

Happy testing.

Ralf

Has anyone seen the spoilers for the next standard set?

Growth spiral - gu
    Instant
    Draw a card. You may put a land from your hand onto the battlefield.

It basically means if we splash green, we can ramp out mid-combo, and even during setup. This could be a real game-changer (but obviously means we’re a lot more reliant on fetches AND wastelands), and I think the risk is probably worth the effort.

Any thoughts?

Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    I think the risk is probably worth the effort.

Came here looking to talk about the card, and definitely agree with the statement. It feels really strong in a moment where we definitely have less wastelands than in the pre shaman ban time, and I'm definitely going to run 2-3 tropical islands and around 10 fetches (for a total of twenty or so lands since they are no dead cards anymore once we get the combo going). I don't know if I'm going to regret upping the landcount, but I don't think so, the card cantrips and with only one high tide only takes one land to cast, being virtually zero costed and even a "ritual" depending on the amount of tides. I'm definitely looking forward to playing with it.

That's basically exactly one of the cards that I was hoping they would print someday. The splash is very far from free, but that card is basically all upside. I don't know if I would add more lands to the deck, I haven't thought about this deck in like five years, but that's an exciting card if true.

I think 20 lands is definitely enough. Let’s us not have to cantrip for lands turns 2-4, and gives us a good chance to chuck more into play while not getting too land-flooded.

The thing I’m considering really is balance between islands/tropics/fetches. I’m thinking 10/2/8? By turn 3, were bound to have found at least one fetch, right? And we’re not too weak to stifles, and we can basically fetch 2 tropics mid-combo to power out extra fetches to shuffle away bad brainstorms.

The opposing wastelands are really scary tho, imo. Not sure how to go around it. Stifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Hello,

Since Briefing was unleashed I was toying around a bit with it.

I tried some of the 5/0 lists and felt disappointed. I am not a big fan of Flusterstorm MD and I had issue with hitting land n°2 and n°3 far too often to my taste.

Anyway, here are few changes I made from my post ban DRS list to better fight the actual meta.
    I was concerned that cutting "Remand" for "Unsubstantiate" would reduce the overall stability of the deck (as you don't get to draw) but with the inclusion of Briefing I have yet to fail.

11 Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta

2 Brain Freeze

4 Force of Will
    3 Unsubstantiate
    3 Cunning Wish

4 Opt
    4 Brainstorm
    4 High Tide
    4 Reset
    4 Impulse
    3 Meditate
    2 Mission Briefing
    1 Snap

3 Snapcaster Mage

SB: 1 Blue Sun's Zenith
    SB: 1 Brain Freeze
    SB: 3 Disrupt
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 Evacuation
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Hurkyl's Recall
    SB: 1 Meditate
    SB: 2 Ravenous Trap
    SB: 1 Rebuild
    SB: 1 Snap
    SB: 1 Turnabout

Happy testing.

Ralf
    Some thoughts on card choices, if you could indulge me:

How does ravenous trap work for you? My gut feeling is that surgical is better, but I’ve not used trap. How do you deal with emrakuls 3 and 4? Keep Brain freezing over the shuffle triggers then exile when the library is empty? Actually, that sounds like a thing worth trying - especially with 2 missions, 3 SCM, and some remands.

when do you decide to evacuate? Isn’t it easier to just blue suns kill instead of bouncing attackers and natural draw kill?

Also, rebuild/hurkyls recall I get that they’re to hedge against chalices and that - but isn’t it easier to just rely on rebuild and add more flexibility to the sideboard instead?

Snap/unsubstantiate/remands. How did you decide the splits between them? Snaps act as mini resets, tempo gains and SCM resets. Unsubstantiate does only the last 2 points but also counters, and remand counters and cantrips. I’ve been somewhat unimpressed with substantiate, though the cantrip on remand has always been either win-more, or when I’m choking, irrelevant.

Has this build been as reliable compared to the flash of insight build? Using the grave to flash back specific cards seems good. Then again, stacking the library also seems very good. Just wondered what your thoughts on them are.

Lastly, I like using 1 vendilion clique as a 7 turn clock, discard or a bad cantrip. Would you consider it to be bad form to run it?

May 2013
    Paris, France

Hello,

1) Ravenous is a concession to a rea and dredge meta. Surgical might be a better overall choice.

2) Either you chain BF to Emrakul's trigger or you go for the very big BSZ kill. Snapcaster kills do happen from time to time. Surgical is better in this MU.

3) Evacuate is against D&T. Having to fight MoM + Thalia + Prelate + canonist + vial @ 2 is impossible otherwise.

4) Unsubstantiate does not counter. So it works vs cavern of souls. The unsummon part of it is pretty handy. Bouncing a SCM is ice on the cake even if snap does it better.
    And as a remand you can protect a key spell or chain BF.
    I like the versatility of it instead of the drawing part of remand. Briefing made that possible though because I was afraid that losing that "draw" would make me fizzle more. Briefing made up for that "draw effect" loss entirely.

For the split, I guess it can be tweaked. But SCM does block compared to briefing. I was playing 3 remand so 3 unsubstantiate seemed right. Snap is the weakest card compared to the other but I wanted a 5th untap effect MD.
    Winning small is a key part of this deck.

5) hurkyl + rebuild might be overkill in some meta. You can definitely cut hurkyl especially if you play an echoing truth in your sideboard.

6) I used to playing 17 islands no fetch build. So I could "stack" my deck in a certain sense. Since the printing of SCM and Briefing, FoI is just a weaker card.

7) Vendilion is a nice SB card against combo decks. You can definitely try the aggro route vs them. This strategy is not bad at all

Hope those insights would highlight a bit better some of my choices.

Of course, nothing is ever set in stone and that's why I am sharing my builds and ideas.

Enjoy.

Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Hello,

1) Ravenous is a concession to a rea and dredge meta. Surgical might be a better overall choice.

2) Either you chain BF to Emrakul's trigger or you go for the very big BSZ kill. Snapcaster kills do happen from time to time. Surgical is better in this MU.

3) Evacuate is against D&T. Having to fight MoM + Thalia + Prelate + canonist + vial @ 2 is impossible otherwise.

4) Unsubstantiate does not counter. So it works vs cavern of souls. The unsummon part of it is pretty handy. Bouncing a SCM is ice on the cake even if snap does it better.
    And as a remand you can protect a key spell or chain BF.
    I like the versatility of it instead of the drawing part of remand. Briefing made that possible though because I was afraid that losing that "draw" would make me fizzle more. Briefing made up for that "draw effect" loss entirely.

For the split, I guess it can be tweaked. But SCM does block compared to briefing. I was playing 3 remand so 3 unsubstantiate seemed right. Snap is the weakest card compared to the other but I wanted a 5th untap effect MD.
    Winning small is a key part of this deck.

5) hurkyl + rebuild might be overkill in some meta. You can definitely cut hurkyl especially if you play an echoing truth in your sideboard.

6) I used to playing 17 islands no fetch build. So I could "stack" my deck in a certain sense. Since the printing of SCM and Briefing, FoI is just a weaker card.

7) Vendilion is a nice SB card against combo decks. You can definitely try the aggro route vs them. This strategy is not bad at all

Hope those insights would highlight a bit better some of my choices.

Of course, nothing is ever set in stone and that's why I am sharing my builds and ideas.

Enjoy.

Ralf
    That’s why I’m such a rubbish solidarity player - I’ve a very narrow focus mid-game on what tools are for what. I can’t even see that unsubstantiate doesn’t have the word ‘counter’ on it (reading is tech!)

What did u mean by winning small is a key part of the deck? I’m still trying to get to grips with the deck. Quite often, it’s me piloting that’s causing the loss and not necessarily the opponents play (which is problematic). Any tips on how to pilot better would be welcome!

So i went 2-2 with this list:
    Main:
    4 brainstorm
    4 force of will
    4 impulse
    4 opt
    4 high tide
    4 reset
    3 meditate
    3 cunning wish
    3 snapcaster mage
    2 brain freeze
    3 unsubstantiate
    2 mission briefing
    1 snap
    6 fetches
    13 island

side:
    1 evacuation
    2 echoing truth
    1 wipe away
    1 surgical extraction
    1 rebuild
    1 brain freeze
    2 flusterstorm
    1 turnabout
    1 snap
    1 blue suns zenith
    1 mission briefing
    1 ravenous trap
    1 meditate

The thing is, i'm not very happy with my list. There were times when i would just choke when faced with a tiny bit of disruption, which feels off considering that i should be the stack-control-master. Basically, as long as i have 4 turns to build up, my win% shoots up. If i have over 6, 7 islands in play as i go off, i'm basically at at least 80% chance to win.

That being said, a badly-timed stifle, a daze, 2 cliques and a force against me during setup basically set me back a bit too much (which seemed weird).

To shore up my draw, I'm wondering if i should up meditates to 4 main or have 3/1 split of meditate and three wishes main, keeping a meditate on the side.

Every time i had a snap/snapcaster, i won. I usually was able to at least up the active high tide while double-snapping + draw, which was pretty awesome. Im thinking i need to up those numbers to 2-3 snap and 4 snapcasters. many times, mission briefing's surveil is ok, but isn't that amazing (notable uses: removing lands post-brainstorm, force for uu when i don't have 1 in hand).

DnT was pretty simple (though it never feels like i should have been able to win), but being able to snapcaster to flash a cunning wish under a thalia has been pretty sweet. a prelate on 2 has been annoying (barely), but having it on 3 was horrendous (i basically had no outs for it, and had to 'go off' off impulse and opts).

goblin stompy - chalice for 1, then tonnes of pressure. i feel like i should be able to beat it if i was able to navigate the stack better (or something like that).

mono blue delver - man, this should've been easier, but jace's phantasms and cliques were a massive pain to deal with (he drew 2 cliques of 2 1 turn after the other, and took 2 high tides in a row... and i didn't have a brainstorm nor a fetch to mix the deck back up). i think i misplayed though (i brainstorm, he wasted targeting my fetch, i then fetch in response, he then stifles the fetch, and i didn't force it back), but it felt like i kept playing into his game.

maverick - it was basically no contest; on his combat step facing lethal, i turnabout his dudes, then mill him out one game. post board, i go off in response to him casting choke. maybe the pilot isn't very good though, but it certainly felt like no contest.

I'm not sure what i should do with my list to improve it (make it quicker/more resilient against control elements); i need more draw during setup (three wishes maybe?), mainboard hate that slows my opponents down, more space for at least 1 more snap and 1 more snap caster mage, and more mainboard permission. on the board, i want to make space for 3, possibly 4 disrupt too for spell-heavy, permission/discard heavy decks.

Also, what should i cut? the only card i know i'll cut is the turnabout on the board. if i need mana, snap, mission briefing are there, and tapping opposing attackers doesn't seem like a good idea (getting enough storm without needing my opponent's spells hasn't been an issue, especially with unsubstantiate). also, i might swap out the ravenous trap (haven't met dredge yet).

anyone else here been playing/testing? And if anyone can give me some good pointers?

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post

anyone else here been playing/testing? And if anyone can give me some good pointers?
    Hello,

With the new toy, here is where I am at the moment.

9 Island
    9 Fetch
    3 Tropical Island

3 Snapcaster
    3 Mission Briefing

4 Brainstorm
    4 Impulse
    4 Reset
    4 Cunning Wish
    4 FOW

3 Meditate
    3 Growth Spiral
    3 High Tide

2 Snap
    2 Fluster

Sideboard

1 Fluster
    1 High Tide
    1 Meditate
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Snap
    1 Rebuild
    1 BSZ
    1 Ravenous Trap
    1 Engulf the Shore
    1 Hunting Pack
    1 Broken Bond
    2 Surgical
    2 Brain Freeze

A few explanations:

1) I went to 21 lands and cut all the bad 1 mana cantrips. I'm still pondering on the fetch numbers/island/tropical
    2) I play a mix of 3 SCM/Mission but i could see playing 4 SCM/2
    3) Growth Spiral is busted. Period. I killed a few times T2.
    4) Hunting pack is real. Especially against aggro deck.
    5) I've replaced Evacuation with Engulf the Shore. You won't hit everything but usually when you wish for it, the Engulf's condition doesn't ever matter; while 1 mana matters a lot
    6) I still don't like Fluster MD but this is a concession to beat tempo decks G1. We can also play 1 fluster/ 3 snap instead (and make the swap SB). I just like having access to an untap effect with a wish.
    7) the fourth High tide ended up in the board so that we have virtually 7 high tide in the deck
    8) Putting HT in the SB meant going up to 4 cunning wish MD
    9) SB is still under testing

Consequence:

1) You dig less for mana. Opening hands are more stable
    2) The deck can combo sooner. Growth spiral is one card we were waiting for. I've chained 3 Growth spiral quite a lot (during the combo turn) thanks to briefing and SCM for billions mana. Also T3 -> 4 mana is no longer a dream (if you played GS EOT having the third land in hand).
    3) Hunting pack is a kill if you can make 10 mana (8 blue 2 green) (wish+HP= 10 mana). It is really good against aggro deck and quite easy to achieve.
    4) Playing Trop does expose you to wasteland but usually when it happened, it meant I played a GS before (otherwise don't fetch your trop)

Advice: Give it a good spin (10 games) and you should see what I'm talking about.

It is hard to speak about resiliency and speed without having other pairs of eyes.

Happy testing.

Ralf

Thread Information