Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
He gives budget alternatives for Tundra like Glimmervoid. Seachrome Coast works too.
Tundra is still terribly bad because it has no interaction with the rest of the deck, and it creates a completely unnecessary risk of being blown out by Merfolk with their Islandwalking Lords. Furthermore, black mana is not worthless in the deck, you not only need it to cast Tezzeret, but having ways to activate Cranial Plating's second ability is not something to be overlooked. Therefore, even Glimmervoid is better than Tundra, and Glimmervoid sucks.

If a flex mana fixer is really needed, then any mana-producing artifact would be better for the 1-of slot. Paradise Mantle is way better than TUNDRA, or even Lotus Petal. At least they can be sacrificed to Ravager or help cast Thoughtcast.

I do agree on the GY hate though. I'd like one to two more cards against GY decks, cutting a couple MBT. I think Cage is the best here. I don't think RIP is too slow because Drew's deck can reliably generate two mana on the first turn. The lack of Show and Tell hate is because you can race Show and Tell decks but you can't do anything against Storm decks. They are just too fast.
RiP is too slow against Reanimator. That deck runs Daze and discard. You also can't cast Rest in Peace off of Ancient Tomb. Stick to artifact-based gy hate like Crypt, Spellbomb or Cage (no Relic) if you want to beat Reanimator.

Affinity can't race S&T decks. Maybe Sneak-Show, like occasionally, but any S&T matchup is bad pre-board. Like I said, you can't game against every combo deck, but not running SB hate against S&T decks because you think you can race them is naive.