Sideboard (15)
    3 Whipflare
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Rest in Peace
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Ethersworn Adjudicator

Re: [Deck] Affinity

I think the new draw 7 might be very good in his deck. Might make the deck playable.

It seems obvious to me the deck need the playset of city and tomb (I have tested a lot and came to that conclusion)

Welding jar is very good at protecting your lock.piece or winning creature, I would never play less than the four.

here is what I am testing :

4 Cranial Plating
    4 Master of Etherium
    2 Lodestone golem
    4 Etched Champion

4 Day's undoing

4 Welding Jar
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Memnite

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Island

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    I think the new draw 7 might be very good in his deck. Might make the deck playable.

It seems obvious to me the deck need the playset of city and tomb (I have tested a lot and came to that conclusion)

Welding jar is very good at protecting your lock.piece or winning creature, I would never play less than the four.

here is what I am testing :

4 Cranial Plating
    4 Master of Etherium
    2 Lodestone golem
    4 Etched Champion

4 Day's undoing

4 Welding Jar
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Memnite

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Island

This looks sweet, but I don't know if I like the Trinisphere. After a Timeswister, your 0cmc-stuff costs 3 mana. Also 4 Jars will for sure be sweet against decks with decay, but useless against plows.

This looks sweet, but I don't know if I like the Trinisphere. After a Timeswister, your 0cmc-stuff costs 3 mana. Also 4 Jars will for sure be sweet against decks with decay, but useless against plows
    Trinisphere is for the omni meta where it is likely better than thorn of amethyst.

Don't underestimate the ability to regenerate a creature from things like lightning bolt/ block a creature kill it +regenerate or protect an artifact land from wasteland. It also gives metalcraft faster.

Trinisphere is for the omni meta where it is likely better than thorn of amethyst.

Don't underestimate the ability to regenerate a creature from things like lightning bolt/ block a creature kill it +regenerate or protect an artifact land from wasteland. It also gives metalcraft faster.
    What about 4 Golems and some drums instead of trini?

Yeah golem is ok I play 2 but trini is better versus omni cause with only one tax effect they can go for emmy.(2 in side along some thorn might be correct) But drum isn't good with chalice for one which i play.
    Still I haven't tested if this new card changes lot of things, previous similar builds without this new card
    didn't do enough card advanatage to compet with DTT in the middle/late game. This card might change things.

Yeah golem is ok I play 2 but trini is better versus omni cause with only one tax effect they can go for emmy.(2 in side along some thorn might be correct) But drum isn't good with chalice for one which i play.
    Still I haven't tested if this new card changes lot of things, previous similar builds without this new card
    didn't do enough card advanatage to compet with DTT in the middle/late game. This card might change things.
    The issue with drum and chalice on one is rarely a problem. You usually start the turn with drum and a free creature. Then you deply chalice. They will either counter the chalice or destroy it anyways. If they don't you have such an advantage over them, that a drum in hand that you can't cast it no problem.

If you have trini in play and cast Timetwister, you can maybe cast 1-2 spells your next turn, instead of empying your hand.

The following build looks better :

It is between faerie stompy and affinity, but i think playing TNN might do it and cutting into orni/memnite/skirg is a good idea.
    You want to make sure your lock piece/draw seven resolve. Trini has more synergy there with lot of 3cc bombs.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Island
    4 Mox Opal

4 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void

4 Etched Champion
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 Welding Jar
    4 Cranial Plating
    4 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Master of Etherium
    4 Windfall
    4 Force of Will

So I cobbled this together and have been goldfishing this a bunch on MWS. Inspired by vintage builds along the same lines.

4 Signal Pest
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Vault Skirge
    3 Frogmite
    3 Myr Enforcer

4 Mox Opal
    4 Cranial Plating
    4 Genesis Chamber
    4 Thoughtcast
    4 Tangle Wire
    4 Thorn of Amethyst

4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Ancient Tomb
    3 Darksteel Citadel

I might try to bring this to an FNM to see how it plays out, but I'm really liking it so far. You can get some stupidly good opening hands, and Genesis Chamber plays nicely with Tangle Wire. I really wanted Master of Etherium, but opted for Myr Enforcer because its hard to cast MoE sometimes, while Myr Enforcer can come down on turn 1, is usually free, and is a pretty good body.

I think Gaea's Cradle looks really neat. My thoughts were to use it to power out lodestone golem, equipment, and abuse winter orb. Rishadan Port is in there to abuse orb as well since it works with opal under orb or just with your other land as you play things with cradle. I'm not sure what the best splash color would be. White may be better for md stoneforge and sb canonist, rest in peace, or thalia?

Edit 1: -3 though cast, -1 master, -4 steel overseer, +4 porcelain, +2 etched champion, + 2 Garruk.

4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Vault Skirge
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 Porcelain legionnaire
    3 master of etherium

4 Mox Opal
    4 Cranial Plating
    3 sword of fire and ice
    3 winter orb
    4 chalice of the void
    1 springleaf drum

4 Seat of synod
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Rishadan Port
    2 City of Traitors
    Last edited by kinda; 07-15-2015 at 03:12 AM.

Jun 2007
    France

I am obviously talking about day's undoing there which I proxyed it up in cockatrice with windfall.

May 2015
    Philadelphia

I really like how this deck can splash so many colors. I think going up to 4 glimmervoids and having one or two stoneforge mystics maindeck instead of disciple to fetch cranial would be potent. I'd add a couple of bloodmoons to the sb instead of bridge which doesn't work well with timetwister. I think thoughtcast should be at least 3. The one nexus has some serious synergy with ravager.

Seems like a way too low blue count for FOW, even postboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp2293 View Post
    Seems like a way too low blue count for FOW, even postboard.
    I agree with this. I would think the absolute minimum for FOW to be viable is around 16, but we want more than that to get consistency out of it.

Anyways;
    I'm liking Day's Undoing so far.
    It's a maindeck option for both boosting your hand, and also a way to slow down (maybe even reset) decks that rely heavily on the graveyard.
    It might even allow us to have game against grave-decks in game1 without needing hatebears in the main.
    I'm going with the idea that to get the most from it, I'm concentrating on a lower-CMC-average to really pump your hand onto the table ASAP.
    I'm testing 4 of them right now, probably too many....

The only thing I don't like about it is the obvious, which for Storm/fast combo will often be game unless you have some sort of hatebear.

Aug 2015
    Germany

Hi,

in the last few weeks I worked on an Affinity list that is quite uncommon. Maybe I should post this in the New and Developmental Decks Thread. If so, then I'm sorry for that, but I would really like to hear your opinions to this. I don't have a sideboard yet and I never tested this list. Nevertheless on paper it looks interesting I think. The card I am unsure about is Cranial Plating. Maybe another Equipment would be better. And I don't know whether 23 Lands is enough for the Mox Diamonds.
    Before anybody says it, I know that Null Rod is horrible for this deck, so the sideboard definitely needs something against this card.

Creatures:

3 Baleful Strix
    4 Ethersworn Canonist
    4 Tidehollow Sculler
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

Planeswalker:

2 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

Artifacts:

4 Mox Diamond
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Cranial Plating
    1 Sword of the Meek
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    3 Thopter Foundry

Lands:

4 Wasteland
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Ancient Den
    4 Vault of Whispers
    3 Seat of the Synod
    3 Glimmervoid
    2 Academy Ruins

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

What do you think about this kind of an affinity deck?

4 Ethersworn Canonist
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Cranial Plating
    4 Mox Opal
    3 Erayo, Soratami Ascendant - 4 is too much. Bad draw in early game cuz we still agro. After day's unduing nearly 100% flip.
    4 Frogmite
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Master of Etherium
    2 Signal Pest
    1 Thoughtcast
    4 Day's Undoing
    4 Black Vise
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Den
    4 Glimmervoid

Vise base build.
    Canonis+vise+erayo+day sounds interesting.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    What do you think about this kind of an affinity deck?

4 Ethersworn Canonist
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Cranial Plating
    4 Mox Opal
    3 Erayo, Soratami Ascendant - 4 is too much. Bad draw in early game cuz we still agro. After day's unduing nearly 100% flip.
    4 Frogmite
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Master of Etherium
    2 Signal Pest
    1 Thoughtcast
    4 Day's Undoing
    4 Black Vise
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Den
    4 Glimmervoid

Vise base build.
    Canonis+vise+erayo+day sounds interesting.
    Affinity doesn't want to go long, you want to close the game before your opponent gets going.

Thread Information