Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1742

Thread: [Deck] Affinity

Re: [Deck] Affinity

Did anyone tested [CARD]life's legacy[/CARD] it seems awesome with cranial platint and master of etherium

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    Did anyone tested life's legacy it seems awesome with cranial platint and master of etherium
    It's green, which is the color with least relevant cards for Affinity's 75, and the sacrifice is an additional cost, so if you cast this, pay the addtional cost, and the spell is countered... well, you know. This card would be playable if it was instant and/or the sacrifice was part of the resolution, not additional cost. I'd rather play Fling.

Also, people should test cards out on their own before asking what others think.

There is a very big difference between drawing cards and dealing damage, fling is far from the power of life's legacy.
    Life's legacy allows to play goyf and drawing something like 4-5 cards is already game most of the time.
    I know we have to change the build a little but the card is a powerhouse.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    There is a very big difference between drawing cards and dealing damage, fling is far from the power of life's legacy.
    Life's legacy allows to play goyf and drawing something like 4-5 cards is already game most of the time.
    I know we have to change the build a little but the card is a powerhouse.
    The big difference between Life's Legacy and Fling is that Fling is an instant, so you can always cast it in response to a removal spell to get full value out of your creature that's going to be removed anyway. Nevermind that, I'm surprised and not surprised you chose to address a minor line I said, instead of focusing on everything else I said about the card that's way more relevant. Let me state again why I think Life's Legacy is bad. It's green. The sacrifice is part of the spell's cost, not its resolution. The card is a two-mana sorcery, so you can't use it in response to an opponent's removal spell. Furthermore, without Cranial Plating, Master of Etherium, or even Arcbound Ravager, the card draw is going to be small when many of Affinity's creatures have a base power of 0 or 1.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

So anyhow, Ensoul Artifact looks like it can possibly take a spot in the deck - it's non-artifact and a potential 2-for-1, but essentially amounts to a 5/5 for 2 with haste sometimes.

Hi i am just getting started what do u think of this list?

i really like charm, it can protect your artifact and cheat in dreadnought. same for stifle cheat in nought or counter a fetch a planeswalker or some other relevant stuff.

Noughty finity

4 Etched Champion
    4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 baleful strix

4 Mox Opal
    3 Ancient Tomb
    4 Vault of Whispers
    4 Seat of the Synod
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    2 Glimmervoid

3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

4 Stifle
    3 Vision Charm
    4 Thoughtcast
    4 Cranial Plating
    3 Springleaf Drum

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    The big difference between Life's Legacy and Fling is that Fling is an instant, so you can always cast it in response to a removal spell to get full value out of your creature that's going to be removed anyway. Nevermind that, I'm surprised and not surprised you chose to address a minor line I said, instead of focusing on everything else I said about the card that's way more relevant. Let me state again why I think Life's Legacy is bad. It's green. The sacrifice is part of the spell's cost, not its resolution. The card is a two-mana sorcery, so you can't use it in response to an opponent's removal spell. Furthermore, without Cranial Plating, Master of Etherium, or even Arcbound Ravager, the card draw is going to be small when many of Affinity's creatures have a base power of 0 or 1.
    I'm on the Life's Legacy bandwagon - I'm pro that card in Affinity. I think the drawback to it isn't the color or the sorcery speed - I mean, fling is often sorcery speed if you need to finish - but that it doesn't follow the usual gameplan of the deck. This affinity build is meant to bash hard and fast and win in as few turns as possible. Fling fulfills that role admirably, smashing for the last 5-7. Life's legacy is not that card.

An affinity list that is more controlling, or combo-y, with 8 Cranials (SFM) will LOVE this card. It's nuts. Even aggro can probably use 2x spots for it, though that will need to be tested more thoroughly. With all the rainbow sources available to Affinity, cutting one color for Green is an option, but again, that decision will have to fit the gameplan of the affinity build. I honestly think it's totally worth testing the card, and Cranial seems such a natural fit for it.

I also really like the 5/5 Enchant Arti a lot. Sometimes Tezz is tough to pull off, and makes you jam more lands than's really necessary in the build; the enchant is super-efficient here. Not really my playstyle, and not as flashy as Tezz, but might not be awful.

Not a tested decklist, but more a brainstorm session (which, ironically, hates on Brainstorm):

Mopal
    Seat
    Den
    Tree
    Chrome Mox

Cranial
    Chalice of the Void

Ornithopter
    Memnite
    Vault Skirge

1 Sofi
    1 Jitte
    2 MoE

SFM
    Thoughtcast
    Life's Legacy
    Ensoul Artifact
    (or some other Chrome-imprintable 2-drop)
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Hello affinity thread I was wondering what I need to do to convert modern affinity into Legacy affinity (dont say artifact lands cause no duh)

Also ensoul artifact is it good enough to play in legacy?

Dec 2013
    Abingdon, MD

Artifact lands are really it, unless you side something like Cabal Therapy (which I do). I'm fairly positive that everything else is legal in both formats, though I haven't played Affinity in modern, so I could be wrong. The legacy variant doesn't usually run Steel Overseer, though, as it's often too slow in that format.

As for Ensoul Artifact . . . I guess I can't really make a judgment call on it, since I haven't played it, but it seems bad. I don't like giving my opponent the option to two for one something. In a deck that is already susceptible to removal, I would rather not give my opponent that kind of option.

Hey guys, i will play a league in my city with this list:

16 LANDS

4 Vault of Whispers
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Glimmervoid
    2 Ancient Den

18 CREATURES

4 Ornithopter
    4 Vault Skirge
    3 Master of Etherium
    3 Etched Champion
    2 Memnite
    2 Stoneforge Mystic

4 INSTANTS

4 Thoughtcast

22 OTHER SPELLS

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cranial Plating
    4 Mox Opal
    3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    3 Thopter Foundry
    3 Springleaf Drum
    1 Sword of the Meek

SIDEBOARD
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Manriki-Gusari
    3 Krosan Grip
    2 Whipflare

yhea!!! i know this sb stinks, but is what i have :(

Expect to face:

Ominitell
    Team italia
    Death and taxes
    Bug agroo
    Goblins RB
    Merfolks
    Patriot
    GWb maverick
    Painter Combo (with white)
    Lands
    Burn
    Pox mono black
    Elfs
    UR delver
    Belcher

U can help me with game plays and sideboard plans?

Really THANKs

So I've been trying out a transformational sideboard with Phyrexian Dreadnought & Stifle.
    ....aaaaaaand I don't like it for a few reasons.

But what about other transformational sideboards?

Painter's Servant & Grindstone appeals to me most, given it's alt-win ability and possibility to churn out a win on T2 with all the mana acceleration we have, and that a way to find our combo pieces in Enlightened Tutor is just generally useful for us to find other sideboard options anyway.
    I'm gonna try using this next time I play affinity.

Dark Depths & Thespain's Stage doesn't look too bad > anyone tried it?

Thoughts?

Dec 2013
    Abingdon, MD

Also, Shawon, I tried out Whipflare and also love it. I'm running three in the side right now. Also running two Blood Moon side. So I'm now a four color affinity deck haha. I have another tournament tomorrow so I'll try to remember to post something about my results.

I'm also trying out Chalice main. I wanted to keep my Stoneforge package and I couldn't figure out what to take out for Chalice, so right now I'm not running Ravagers. Haven't decided yet if I want to run them tomorrow over Stoneforge or just go Whipflare main.

Dec 2013
    Abingdon, MD

So, Chalice was neat, but it wasn't the blowout I was kind of hoping it would be. And there were a lot of games when I would have Chalice on board, but then not have the threats or board presence that Affinity is supposed to have. So I'm cutting the Chalices and SFM package and going back to more of a swarm plan, see if strengthening the early game helps more. And I added Revokers back to main board, feeling good about that decision, too.

Due to poor luck and really poor siding decisions, I went 2-3 this past Sunday. Got another tournament this weekend, hopefully I'll have my head back in the game for it.

Feb 2014
    North Carolina, USA

So are Ancient Tomb builds still good? I that's a bit of a vague question, but I'm struggling to see if they're still worth getting nowadays.
    GamErgonomics: The Science of Gaming Performance
    Life Coaching for Gamers
    Personal Gaming Blog UPDATED 1/13
    "Everyone is a hero. Even if you've only saved yourself."

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by BBG|Scott-Spain View Post
    So are Ancient Tomb builds still good? I that's a bit of a vague question, but I'm struggling to see if they're still worth getting nowadays.
    You don't need Ancient Tombs. Inkmoth Nexus is way better.

Dec 2013
    Abingdon, MD

[Deck] Affinity

Went 4-3 in Grand Prix NJ. Mainboarding Galvanic Blast is really good right now. Whipflare is still one of the best sideboard cards. Tried out Chalice again, ran into storm twice and lost, and didn't see any RU Delver decks, so I don't think I got to really test it. My other loss was American with a mull to four then a mull to five. Beat BUG Delver, American, Reanimator (somehow), and some kind of Esper brew. I think our deck is positioned slightly better than it has been at the moment, seemed fine yesterday for the most part.

I don't like Inkmoth actually. It's too easily removable. I ran it again for awhile, but never even got close to threatening with it. Ancient tomb is better if you run Chalice in the side, and it's pretty good at powering a Tezz, Champion, or Master real quick. I'm in favor of Tomb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an affinity build in test here is the list :

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Great Furnace
    3 Mana Confluence
    3 Tree of Tales

4 Mox Opal
    3 Springleaf Drum

4 Whipflare
    4 Goblin Welder
    2 Memnite
    4 Cranial Plating
    4 Ensoul Artifact
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Master of Etherium
    2 Lodestone Golem

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Choke

SB: 4 Containment Priest
    SB: 3 Meddling Mage
    SB: 4 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 1 Choke
    SB: 3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

The choke idea is from the sylvan plug thread, I think it is really good in this deck with 4 mox 4 tomb.
    There is some disinergy between chalice and goblin welder/drums but chalice and welder are so strong that I can't see playing the deck without them.
    Whipflare is really good in current format that I don't see any reasons not to maindeck them.
    Current list answers the combo.problems of the decks and the UR.decks.

The tezzeret in side are for control.decks, others cards are for combo. I like a lot grudge against all the blade decks.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

So do any of you have a good starting point for someone interested in playing affinity in legacy? How does Chitturi's list look from GP NJ?

What to have in my side board for my decks?
    so I run affinity for legacy. I play with friends since my local card shop has no legacy events. I was wondering what cards I could place in my decks sideboards that would be great againist the gollowing decks:

High Tide
    Delver decks
    Elves
    show and tell/sneak and show
    death and taxes
    Jund
    enchantress
    maverick

I cant seem to find anything online that can help me.

Hey guys. So I know Omnitell is meant to crush affinity. But I just lost 4/5 games (granted I am new to my deck). Affinity was just too fast. I could assemble my combo in four turns but if I lost the dice roll, they killed me in four turns so were a turn faster. Then when Thalia came down on the Show and Tell, it slowed me down even more.

Any tips you can give from the inside? :)

Thread Information