Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal Dispute

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Re: Paypal Dispute

Thanks for the tip, cdr.

The worst part about the dispute process was that I was forced to select "I didn't send the item and will refund the buyer" in order to resolve it and close out the case. The system really is heavily biased toward the buyer.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Yeah, that's a real tough pill to swallow when you realize it. Most people haven't the faintest idea just how seller-hostile eBay/PayPal is.

I'm now going to extra lengths to cut out eBay as much as possible. Ultimately, it's not nearly worth it.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

The other sucky thing is that I've gotten screwed as a buyer, too. Two or three times over the years, I've not received my cards. I filed disputes, won the disputes, but didn't get my money back because the sellers had closed their bank accounts. Useless fucking system.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    The other sucky thing is that I've gotten screwed as a buyer, too. Two or three times over the years, I've not received my cards. I filed disputes, won the disputes, but didn't get my money back because the sellers had closed their bank accounts. Useless fucking system.
    Yup, seems like the only way to "win" a dispute as a seller is to close out your account... which is completely counter-intuitive to creating a transparent and fraud-free system. Oh well. I've gotten scammed as a buyer before too, though it was only for about $15.

I'm not saying I have a solution, either. In fact I think it's worse when the buyer gets scammed (and probably a lot more common) so it's a good thing that it's weighted in their favor. For the seller it's just the cost of doing business, and you have to account for that.

Thread Information