Thread: Difference between asian languages

Jan 2009
    Germany

Difference between asian languages

To all those Pimps on theSource (and all others ofc), is there a method of determining which asian language is printed on the cards?

Here's my problem:

I am looking at 2 asian Forests. The Difference is:

Forest 1:
    - 2 symbols for "Forest"
    - 1 symbol for "Basic Land"
    - "Illus. NAME" is written in fat letters

Forest 2:
    - 1 symbol for "Forest"
    - 2 symbols for "Basic land"
    -"Illus. NAME" is written in regular letters

Forest 1 looks really cool, especially the Illustrator in fat letters and I want to buy cards of these language again.

Thanks for you help!

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Re: Difference between asian languages

Japanese forest:

S-Chinese Forest:

Jan 2009
    Germany

Thx!

I like these simplified Chinese a lot. Why is your Illustrator printed in asian signs? Mine is printed in regular way. (This could be because they are promo lands?)

Chinese traditional is also printed on cards isn't it? How does this looks like?

I think the Illustrator for the Simp. Chinese Forest pic Nightmare posted is asian, that's why his name is written in Chinese characters, whereas for non Asian artists this is not done (not sure if any other language's cards does this though).
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOne
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 0-79-1
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzow View Post
    Thx!

I like these simplified Chinese a lot. Why is your Illustrator printed in asian signs? Mine is printed in regular way. (This could be because they are promo lands?)

Chinese traditional is also printed on cards isn't it? How does this looks like?
    For Chinese Portal, if I recall, Wizards was required to use Chinese artists to some degree. The artists of the Chinese Portal lands were indeed Chinese, and the cards were released soley in China, so that's why the artist credits for those cards used Chinese writing.

Artists for normal sets are written solely in western characters, no matter where the artist is from or what language the card is in.

It's been a few years since Magic was printed in Traditional Chinese - Mirrodin was the last set printed in both Tradtional and Simplified, Urza's Saga was the first set printed in both, and Visions was the first set printed in Chinese at all (Traditional only).
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information