Thread: Sealed Deck

Phasing, cumulative upkeep, echo, fading, flanking, rampage
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Sealed Deck

With the latest cost increase to retailers from WotC, I am curious what stores charge (in American dollars or something close) for sealed deck events.

Here, in Syracuse, the local Sealed deck is now $20, which is at little to no profit with the new WotC price increase, so I was curious what other stores will be charging now for a regular price.

Yes, I am aware that this is a Legacy website, but Magic is Magic and I am certain that people either know of or have heard about other events in their area.
    Old Fogey

You're not just wrong, rules say you're a dick!

Dr. Ocatagonapus
    Jul 2007
    Fort Edward, NY

Re: Sealed Deck

The tournament I am attending today has a $25 entry, with pretty decent prize support form what I heard.

-Chris-

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Drafts here in Hong Kong are a little less than 10$, I haven't been able to find any sealed tournaments yet. No price increase yet, but I'll tell you after tomorrow.

Hong Kong's prices from WotC might not have gone up. Every market is different, it's not worldwide.

I never buy boosters, so I had no idea they raised the price again (as on1y0ne seems to be implying).
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Phasing, cumulative upkeep, echo, fading, flanking, rampage
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by cwt1220 View Post
    The tournament I am attending today has a $25 entry, with pretty decent prize support form what I heard.

-Chris-
    Is this a regular price or just for the release event for Alara Reborn? Obviously, special events may be priced differently.
    Old Fogey

You're not just wrong, rules say you're a dick!

The sealed at boldos was 20, milleniums release was 30, with two pack rounds.

Dr. Ocatagonapus
    Jul 2007
    Fort Edward, NY

Quote Originally Posted by on1y0ne View Post
    Is this a regular price or just for the release event for Alara Reborn? Obviously, special events may be priced differently.
    That was the price that is usually is.

-Chris-

P.S. I had a nasty card pool that included: maelstrom pulse, ajani vengeant, and cruel ultimatum

The Eccentric Idealist
    Jul 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah

There was another cost increase? I thought cards still retailed at $3.99 a booster; when did they change it?
    People are products of their own ingenuity; they are who they choose to be.

Fight Me!

Dr. Ocatagonapus
    Jul 2007
    Fort Edward, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic_Slicer View Post
    There was another cost increase? I thought cards still retailed at $3.99 a booster; when did they change it?
    The price that you buy the packs at may not increase, the prices that dealers pay to buy boxes, cases, etc. for re-sale have increased.

-Chris-

Thread Information