Thread: GW meets Source

Ur tears of nerdrage taste so sweet to me.
    Feb 2008
    Do not care.

GW meets Source

Hi, it's me again.

So I recently found my passion for guild wars and managed to get my chars at 20 again.
    When I entered the game I found myself all alone in the guild and none of my then-ING buddies showed up in one week, which makes me think, that none I know plays that game anymore.
    SO here's the idea. If there are some MtG Dudes playing Guild Wars, feel free to pm me ingame.
    I also have an one man guild called "Ach Hans run it's the Tarmo[Goyf]" and you are all welcome to join.
    The Name of my character is "Ead da fast Food".

mindgaming,
    EaD

Nov 2003
    San Diego

Re: GW meets Source

The problem is that Guild Wars is a bad game and hasn't been good for years.

The competitive scene is almost entirely gone. A few months back I was bored and repatched to watch a top-100 guild vs. a top-100 guild (in obs). To my surprise, one of the guilds forgot (!) to run the flag. Their flag carrier got tied up saving NPCs and didn't even start running the flag until about 15 seconds on the timer with no team support.

That wouldn't even happen for top-1000 guilds when Guild Wars was new (or even after the first two expansions). I remember it was hard even to climb to top-500 with dedicated players, and it took months and months to build the player base and schedule the practice to break 100, and even then you'd log on the next day to find you're now ranked 112th (or whatever).

And there's new games out anyway now. Try Luminary for free (open beta now, game release is in a month or so) or invest in WAR or something. I hear WAR is like Guild Wars only better.

In conclusion: I doubt anybody still plays Guild Wars.

Awww man, Guild Wars was so good for me!!!

Here go to the troll-full team quitter [QQ] forums and post:

www.teamquitter.com

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Good old days of competitive Guild Wars...

I was in Time is Running [OUT] for my years of playing, it was probably the most fun game I've ever played.

But it sucks now, so stop playing.

Graphics are in my mind.
    Dec 2006

I played for a while, again even in the competative scene, but I'm bouncing around between other games now. I'll probably play again right before GW2 to unlock some more bonuses and definately around the holidays (snowball fights are bitchin').

I do hop on every so often to wreck RA with shitty builds for lulz.
    Red Wizard needs food badly!

Thread Information