Tolarian Academy
    Tolaria West
    Dreadship Reef
    Island
    Swamp
    Mountain
    Snow-Covered Island
    Snow-Covered Swamp

Basically, you combo out with Sedris/Goryo's Vengeance/Makeshift Mannequin at EOT+Niv Mizzet+Curiosity/Ophidian Eye. The amount of tutors in the deck is staggering, but it allows me to find the combo consistently.
    Last edited by Roman Candle; 05-12-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Re: [EDH] Sedris, Traitor King Combo-Control

What up with all the EDH decks recently, is it EDH season or something. I have not seen this played at my local shops but looks fun.

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

Be careful who you play against. I know of several play groups that have "banned" the Niv Mizzet combo because it takes away from EDH being a fun format.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kruchkow View Post
    Be careful who you play against. I know of several play groups that have "banned" the Niv Mizzet combo because it takes away from EDH being a fun format.
    If your playgroup is so underpowered as to ban a two card combo that requires a shroud-less creature that costs a million mana (or ridiculously circuitous shenanigans that take forever with lots of set up) and a shroud-less enchantment and is pulled off at sorcery speed, I'd say you folks need to turn the suck down.

There is a difference between a complete combo deck (like Adam's wizard deck or Bryant's old pile) and a control deck with a combo like this. If somebody Palinchron/Stroke'd you out, would you be pissed? No. Also, Stroke isn't worthless by itself. And Palinchron is amazing for making infinite mana with storage lands is fairly sweet.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    If your playgroup is so underpowered as to ban a two card combo that requires a shroud-less creature that costs a million mana (or ridiculously circuitous shenanigans that take forever with lots of set up) and a shroud-less enchantment and is pulled off at sorcery speed, I'd say you folks need to turn the suck down.

There is a difference between a complete combo deck (like Adam's wizard deck or Bryant's old pile) and a control deck with a combo like this. If somebody Palinchron/Stroke'd you out, would you be pissed? No. Also, Stroke isn't worthless by itself. And Palinchron is amazing for making infinite mana with storage lands is fairly sweet.
    Its more an issue with Niv as a general than just having the combo decked. And having a repeatable creature in a control shell that needs 1 card to combo you out is really good.

is the freaking Zoo-ru!
    Jun 2008
    Good ole boondocks, GA

Yeah i play Niv Mizzet as my general and my friends don't like my deck. And i go infinite turns with Beacon of Tomorrows and Planar Portal. Yeah...
    Dead or Alive, you're coming with me.
    -Robocop-

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post

Agreed, although to be fair, I CAN go off at instant speed with Goryo's, and Ophidian Eye.

So, is your general opinion that the deck is unplayable? I'm just curious, I don't know much about EDH, but I've been having a lot of fun with this build. I like the combo shell and the random I-Win Factor of the combo with so many tutors.

Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Candle View Post
    Agreed, although to be fair, I CAN go off at instant speed with Goryo's, and Ophidian Eye.

So, is your general opinion that the deck is unplayable? I'm just curious, I don't know much about EDH, but I've been having a lot of fun with this build. I like the combo shell and the random I-Win Factor of the combo with so many tutors.
    I think it looks pretty good i'm just saying that you should make sure your play group is cool so that you don't make it only to have no one wanna play it.
    Also, since Niv isn't the general, it seems more fair.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

You haven't played EDH until you've won (or lost) by means of Mindslaver + Yomiji, Who Bars the Way.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

MY EDH Sedris (though a bit more budget than this) runs Minion Reflector. It works great with all the 187 creatures in the deck, and the cheap reanimation. I've had turns that went a little like: Evoke Mulldrifter, activate Reflector, draw 4. Unearth 'Drifter, activate Reflector, draw 4 more. That's 8 cards for 1, with a 6 damage punch to sweeten the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Thread Information