Thread: [Report] E!NLTESBURW2k9 takes 10th at Eli's Lotus Event

Bryant Cook

[Report] E!NLTESBURW2k9 takes 10th at Eli's Lotus Event

Last edited by Bryant Cook; 10-02-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Re: [Report] E!NLTESBURW2k9 takes 10th at Eli's Lotus Event

Good job at the tournament. Your reports as always are fun to read.

Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Congrats Bryant! The list looks really solid.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Epic Library
    Nov 2004
    Syracuse New York

Ponder into LED, LED, Wish
    This is what I'm talking about.....................CHEATER.

Congrats on the finish!
    Quote Scrumdogg @ Amrod's:
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

The EPIC Syndicate - Grindermen
    Team Disquailified Poster Duey Cheatem & Howe.

Nice work Bryant.

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

Congratz on the finish. Grim Tutor is quite a prize.

New list looks bad ass. But it doesn't seem like you've EtW at all during the tournament. Have you had thoughts about cutting it?
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

The odd one
    Nov 2003
    Syracuse, N.Y.

Congratz on the finish.
    "Just hulk your way there."

" It's your fault I lost, because YOU didn't have force of will"

4 Legged freaks, back in action!!!

Your one and only freak, SpiderFreak!

TEAM: Left Field. Wining with cards that make you go " What the f**k!!!"

I'm the high bid on the grim tutor. :)

Chief Head Chief of the Department of Redundancy Department
    Dec 2005
    Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Game Two: I Duress him early taking a Chant. He plays a Runed Halo on Tendrils(I sided out Chain). We get under the same situation with Standstill this time I have 7 lands. Although he's beaten me down to 13. I endstep tap 5, cast Ad Nauseum, Pyroblast his Counter, he counters. I untap, Duress, Chant, Ad Nauseum (8 Life). I flipped...Lion's Eye Diamond, Burning Wish, Lotus Petal, Chrome Mox, Land, land, Rite of Flame, Burning Wish...Stop at 3. I tap my City of Brasses and go to 1, play Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Lion's Eye Diamond, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Burning Wish, Ill-Gotten Gains, getting back Burning Wish, Rite of Flame, Lion's Eye Diamond. I get Ill-Gotten Gains again, this time getting back Infernal (Discarded under Standstill), Rite of Flame, Lion's Eye Diamond. Cast Lion's Eye Diamond, Rite of Flame, Infernal Tutor (Break LED for RRR), get Burning Wish. Wish -> Grapeshot for 19.
    That is awesome.

Congrats on the finish. I like the list a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    And make no mistake, a Hulk Flash dominated metagame is shit on a plate. Sure, it made for an interesting GP and possibly even attracted a few curious newcomers who wondered "I wonder what it's like to eat shit?" or "I wonder what it's like to make other people eat shit?" That's all fine and dandy, but I'll be glad to say "Good riddance!" to Flash when I wake up tomorrow.

Jul 2007
    Enfield, CT

Bryant's match vs Nick in the Top 16 final was my highlight of the night. Watching the match was enough, but having Gearheart, Nightmare, Di, Jesse Hatfield and others with match commentary was Epic. Literally. Bryant calling Nick's Brainstorming into Force, blue card was funny as hell and prompted the high five from Gearheart with the comment "Thats just what the deck does" after he topdecks Tombstalker the next turn to win game 1. Then during the intermission, Nightmare comes over and goes off on a tangent about Painter vs TES and how EPIC shaped the format and shit, was funny as hell.

Absolutely worth the 4 hour drive from CT even though I scrubbed.

EDIT: Best part of the whole match is when Bryant practically screams keep looking at his 4 City of Brass hand in game two, which Nick responds to by killing all four of them with 3 Sinkhole and a Wasteland

EDIT2: Disregard above. The real best part of the match was after Adam was done talking about Painter, he tells Bryant that he should announce every card he plays in an announcers voice or something cool like that. Then Jesse goes "Yeah you could be like 'I tap my foil japanese City of Brass and take 1 foil japanese point of damage to play a foil japanese Orim's Chant targeting you.'" Hahahahahaha So awesome
    Still looking for FBB Lightning Bolts. German or Korean is preferred. PM me if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Drunk texting is ballin'. Anyone can slur into a phone, but it takes a real man to fumble over tiny buttons to make a semi-coherent message and send it to someone.
    -Slay

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    Bryant's match vs Nick in the Top 16 final was my highlight of the night. Watching the match was enough, but having Gearheart, Nightmare, Di and others with match commentary was Epic. Literally. Bryant calling Nick's Brainstorming into Force, blue card was funny as hell and prompted the high five from Gearheart with the comment "Thats just what the deck does" after he topdecks Tombstalker the next turn to win game 1. Then during the intermission, Nightmare comes over and goes off on a tangent about Painter vs TES and how EPIC shaped the format and shit, was funny as hell.

Absolutely worth the 4 hour drive from CT even though I scrubbed.
    Man, was I fucked up by then. Still, watching that EPIC Painter vs. TES match was awesome. It was like two dudes I didn't know playing at my dining room table, with less pimp cards.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

You didn't mention in top 4 against merfolk that you Ad Nauseam'd with a vendilion clique trigger on the stack and he put lions eye diamond on the bottom and you drew another one. If Pat played clique before you drew your dark ritual that you mystical tutored for he probably would have won. You didn't have the mana to cast nauseam otherwise.

Congrats on the finish regardless.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Thread Information