Thread: Testing for the Legacy Championships.

Testing for the Legacy Championships.

For those of you who have not yet heard, Wizards is supporting legacy this summer with an annual tournament:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Eve...c/legacychamps

I am interested in playtesting for this tournament, if I go. I am not sure yet whether I will go, but I figure I would compile a list of people planning on going that can play test, and then if I ultimately don't end up going, this list will still serve a purpose for the people who sign up. We could use MWS to playtest, since, against common belief, the shuffler is actually truly random. (It may just be that real life shuffling is not truly random, in order to explain any observed discrepancies, although I have observed none myself.) Anyway, put your AIM screenname down if you are interested in getting into contact. Mine is pi4meterftw.

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Re: Testing for the Legacy Championships.

The shuffler in MWS is crap and this Magic program is the only one where decks relying on drawing three copies of the same card actually work without having to play any kind of tutor. In that aspect, apprentice's shuffler is much, much better; in fact, any one is better, even the MTGO and MtgPlay ones. I'm certain that the shuffler on Shandalar cheats and put certain cards at the bottom of the deck, and gives you land when you need them, and even then it's far more reallistic than any playtest you could do with MWS.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    The shuffler in MWS is crap and this Magic program is the only one where decks relying on drawing three copies of the same card actually work without having to play any kind of tutor. In that aspect, apprentice's shuffler is much, much better; in fact, any one is better, even the MTGO and MtgPlay ones. I'm certain that the shuffler on Shandalar cheats and put certain cards at the bottom of the deck, and gives you land when you need them, and even then it's far more reallistic than any playtest you could do with MWS.
    And that, my friends, is what you call polemic.
    DFTT
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    And that, my friends, is what you call polemic.
    DFTT
    Yeah I guess one fewer test partner. But according to my friend, who understands enough of the programming language, the shuffler is okay. I just know C and assembly and have never looked at the code for the MWS shuffler, but if someone can justify the claim that the MWS shuffler is systematically nonrandom (Let's say that we really assume that the random number generator, which messes up its input pretty badly, is "random.") then we can use another program for testing. But until then, it's just something that people who don't happen to get unlucky say to spare their opponent's feelings, and people say to spare their own feelings.

Okay, enough about the shuffler, is nobody going to champs? Or is everybody playing secret tech?

Lion
    May 2009
    Bethlehem, PA

I'd be interested in testing. My screen name is hungryLIKEALION

Plot twist, mirite?

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Im going to champs... I play on MWS as Ari, and yes... secret tech aplenty. AIM handle- lavafrogg@hotmail.com
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 06-25-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Yup, see you guys there again. I'll be bringing a faster deck this time so no draws.

Thread Information