Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st at SCG 5K with Ugr Dreadstill

Jul 2007
    Enfield, CT

Re: 1st at SCG 5K with Ugr Dreadstill

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    PS2: As for me, I was playing a regular Canadian Thresh list. (A lot of dudes there were telling me that only canadians seems to really putting good results with this deck. Was funny to hear ^^)

P-M
    Haha that was me while I was watching your 4th round match against my friend playing Aggro Loam. It really is only you guys playing it and you just keep top 8-ing but nobody seems to notice lol. Like you said, the Canadians know how to play it best :)
    Still looking for FBB Lightning Bolts. German or Korean is preferred. PM me if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Drunk texting is ballin'. Anyone can slur into a phone, but it takes a real man to fumble over tiny buttons to make a semi-coherent message and send it to someone.
    -Slay

Jun 2009
    Sao Paulo - Brazil

Everybody says that it is difficult to cut anything form the MD in dreadstill lists especialy Ugr , so my question is: You realy need the 21 land? or do you think things would be fine playing only 20 ( as I'm doing)?

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Grats on the finish Scott! You should buy 550$ worth of beef jerky with your winnings. Lawl
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

I ran 20 lands for ages, but finally bumped it up to 21. As that game in the semi-finals demonstrated, the deck really lives and dies on its manabase. The deck has a ton of bombs, but if you can't cast them, it's pretty terrible. The UU for Counterbalance is tough when you're running 7 colorless lands, 6 or 7 fetches, and 2 or 3 duals, leaving only 3 or so Islands.

I'm running 4 Factory, 3 Waste, 7 Fetches, 2 Volcanic, 1 Tropical Island (for EE@3), and 5 Islands for 21 land total. It feels a lot more stable than 20 land, and a ton more stable than only running 2 basic islands in a 20 land UGr List.
    InfoNinjas

Congratulations on the finish again, and I still want a rematch.... goyf sligh round seven :}

Montreal's legacy scene
    Sep 2008
    Montreal

Hey Scott, I just checked the list and it has 4 CB. Hell yeah, I thought you were playing a regular 3 CB build as Rodney. Now I understand why you had 2 CB each games. Great list.

P-M

Catcher of souls, hunter of spirits
    Jan 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA

From our experience with the card, my brother and I would NEVER go below 4 Counterbalance. Ever. You absolutely want to see one, and a 2nd is almost never unwelcome because the first attracts counters like hell. The 2nd is even more important postboard with the presence of K Grip. Rodney can get away with 3 because he just wills them to the top of his deck whenever he decides it is time.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by VsTheWorld View Post
    From our experience with the card, my brother and I would NEVER go below 4 Counterbalance. Ever. You absolutely want to see one, and a 2nd is almost never unwelcome because the first attracts counters like hell. The 2nd is even more important postboard with the presence of K Grip. Rodney can get away with 3 because he just wills them to the top of his deck whenever he decides it is time.
    You also forgot to mention how Rodney will then immediately will Trinket Mage to the top to protect it.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Feb 2006
    Boston

Props on the finish! Even though I couldn't go, I'm glad our crads got you there.

Poisonous Foogoofiish
    Feb 2006
    Germany

Gratz on the finish and showing that Dreadstill is still a force!
    You may want to take a look at the Dreadstill thread, i posted a question about countersuite and manabase there.
    BBB

Frikkin' Dreadstill.

Anyways, 'gratz on the finish. Nicely done.

Hallo VsTheWorld,

I really like the Dreadstill Deck, but I want to ask you a few things.

My list looks like this:

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=27548

I am playing 2x Echoing Truth, which are really perfect for me. The biggest problem I have is Tombstalker. I have no other way to get rid of it.

Your deck doesn´t have any cards to deal with him. How do you play against the Eva Green or this kind of the deck?

How do you deal with the Dark Confidant? You rely just on Spell Snares?

What do you think about the Rich Shay build with 2x Lightning Bolt, 1x Fire/Ice and 1x Ponder? Do you think, that the Burn spells are better than Spell Snare?

About the Basic land count - I am perfectly fine with 3x Island. I think, that it is enought. Or is it really necessary to have 4 of them?

Thank you for your comments.

ZUZY

Thread Information