Thread: Planechase

Planechase

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...ily/arcana/187
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ily/arcana/234

Has anyone else seen these? Or have any information on them? Will they be Constructed-legal?

Re: Planechase

Reading is savage tech:

Each of the cards in the 60-card decks will be black-bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for use in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal.
    The 10 oversized plane cards comprise a planar deck. They feature all-new artwork depicting some of the more exotic realms of the Magic multiverse.
    These, obviously, will not be constructed legal.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

These are not constructed legal cards they are over sized cards for group play. It is a new format based on Chaos magic that wizards is introducing.

Edit: i was referring to the actual Planechase cards
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Each of the cards in the 60-card decks will be black-bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for use in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal.
    It strikes me also that the oversize cards look an awful lot like Legend of the Five Rings' new layout. One hopes Planechase is as good a game--I played some of Wizards' other card games way back when, and they were pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    Reading is savage tech.
    My bad. I was more curious then I was concerned, because it isn't unheard of in TCG's to have players have a second deck of a certain type of card (I'm thinking of Fusion monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh, which I played years ago).

Thread Information