Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [A Swift Boot to the Progenitals] +Taking Third at Jupiter Games' 40 Dual Land Draft+

Re: Overly long annoying ass title

Quote Originally Posted by beastman View Post
    I was the dude with the dark blue and yellow plaid shirt, with the DC t-shirt.
    Oh coolio! yeah I remember you. Haha, so many people were there.

Apr 2009
    NEPA

Re: Overly long annoying ass title

Good match ups man, I played you round one. I ended going 3-2-1 missing top 8 by the last match. Hope to see you again, remember don't let those shades dangle from your shirt collar

Thanks for the heads up, and our match was tight game one.

Hope to see you again soon.

Re: [A Swift Boot to the Progenitals] +Taki

For the record I think you're an idiot for not taking a billet in Italy.

Although it was pretty cool to see you.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Re: [A Swift Boot to the Progenitals] +Taki

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    For the record I think you're an idiot for not taking a billet in Italy.

Although it was pretty cool to see you.
    I didn't get offered Italy until the end; they gave me a list of places where I wanted to go and I actually had overseas as one of my first choices. But they ended up putting me in D.C. instead. I love it because I get to see my brother and friends and family all the time. For my second enlistment (should I choose to reenlist), I can go there if I want.

Re: brian lee

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

*Round IV vs. Brian w/ Ichorid*
    Game I: Brian is a new player, but I do not take this match for granted. However, I felt it incumbent upon myself to help him through the motions of how to at least somewhat make the right calls, as absolutely stunning as it may sound. He doesn't get any dredgers and a Trinisphere followed by Natural Order prove to be too much for him to handle in the bout.

Game II: After mulling down, Brian eventually stares down a beating from a few of my guys and a soon to follow Natural Order. The whole time he was getting Ichorid back and bringing my life down. I was at 8 following his current attack and he was at 9. He misses a Bridge trigger at end of turn because of Ichorid, but it didn't matter because I had Progenitus in play which was good enough to seal the deal the turn after. He was probably one of the nicest guys I've ever played against. But, give the man his props: He was sitting at 2-1 at one point, in his first tournament, playing ICHORID of all decks. Not bad.

[3-1] [6-2-0]
    I'd like to point out how new Brian is. When you played him, he had been playing Magic, not just legacy but the actually game, for a total of one week. ONE WEEK. We were all impressed at how good he is already.

Quote Originally Posted by TOGITwill View Post
    I'd like to point out how new Brian is. When you played him, he had been playing Magic, not just legacy but the actually game, for a total of one week. ONE WEEK. We were all impressed at how good he is already.
    My point exactly in that report; he earned my respect by being a classy player with a developing sense of how the game is played after only playing for such a short period of time. My props to him entirely.

Yeah. He's some sorta card flippin' savant. I'm jealous.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

2-1 in a Legacy tournament with one week experience is absolutely ludicrous. I didn't play in my first real tournament of any kind until I'd been playing for six months and I went 2-2. Mad props to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Just out of curiousity, how did the kid finish? I'm sure the warm welcome will help to make him a continuing Legacy player, hopefully.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

I believe his finishing record was 2-3 drop, but don't quote me on it. I know his two wins were against goblins and landstill...

Re: [A Swift Boot to the Progenitals]

*Round IV vs. Brian w/ Ichorid* I was at 8 following his current attack and he was at 9. He misses a Bridge trigger at end of turn because of Ichorid, but it didn't matter....
    And you didn't point it out?

Bad form.

Brian realized it on his own later. He was beating himself up over it actually lol.

even though its not a "may effect" (on the bridge) you would still get a "missed trigger" warning at a real tournament for that, right?
    would you get a zombie though if you missed the trigger and a judge was called?

Re: [A Swift Boot to the Progenitals]

Quote Originally Posted by saspook View Post
    And you didn't point it out?

Bad form.
    Woah; watch it there, guy. Know the facts before you write (and immediately suggest) something like that again.

I didn't even know what he had in his graveyard until his end of turn step came along because he was doing nothing in the first place. I couldn't even see his graveyard because it was piled and I had a Progenitus on the table when he was low enough to die from a single attack and I was substantially healthier in life. His Bridges (in all fairness) should have been removed the previous turn because I sacrificed a guy TO Natural Order. He even pointed it out that it didn't matter anyways, even after we retraced what had happened.

I was helping him phase by phase in game one so that he understood the progression of his phases and triggers involved. I even asked him, "Are you SURE you're done" several times; giving him a chance to think what he did over and giving him an opportunity to scape his cards and read and understand what exactly they did.

Re: ..

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    even though its not a "may effect" (on the bridge) you would still get a "missed trigger" warning at a real tournament for that, right?
    would you get a zombie though if you missed the trigger and a judge was called?
    It looks to be an honest mistake, just sort of poorly worded. My apologies.

Re: [A Swift Boot to the Progenitals] +Taking Third at Jupiter Games' 40 Dual Land Dr

Congrats on the finish, Hollywood. I am keeping up with the deck further developments and have a little crush on it. Hope you can get it to be even better.

On the Missed Trigger situation, if a player forgets a mandatory trigger and figures it out within a turn cycle (which is the time window between the phase when it should have resolved and that very same phase in that player's next turn), the judge should give him a Warning for Game Play Error - Missed Trigger, give the opponent a Warning for Game Play Error - Failure to Maintain Game State (as both players are held responsible for the game. Your supposed lack of access to his graveyard should not save you from that), then put the triggers on the stack.

If over a turn cycle passed, you both get penalties, but triggers are not stacked. The same works for missing removing the Bridges from the yard.

In case the player not controlling the triggers realises as soon as he possibly could that his opponent missed them, they won't get penalized. Intentionaly waiting for the turn-cycle to be over before "remembering" a trigger, or intentionaly forgetting a "bad" trigger is Cheating, as are most intentional offenses.

I didn't mean to be a pain or to spoil anything, but to explain how this situations and others alike should be dealt with by the judge. When in doubt, always call a judge. This seems like one very important thing to teach to the savant dredge newcomer.

Once again, congrats on the finish. Really cool deck!
    Last edited by bruno_tiete; 08-04-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: missed a "not"
    FeFe Team: Legacy in the Southern Hemisphere.

Living in an area where no one plays Legacy
    Nov 2003

[A Swift Boot to the Progenitals] +Taking Third at Jupiter Games' 40 Dual Land Draft+

I think everyone should post wrestling links in their tourny reports. Watching 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan drop the big leg down on the Rock and the Rock over sell the leg drop made my day. Tho you not going to Gen Con sucked Munkey Balls.
    Major Deck Projects
    Deck 2012: Angel Walk
    Deck 2009: Tombstone
    Deck 2007: Exploration Crucible:
    Deck 2005:Bob the Belcher:

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Re: Props N' Slops

Props and Slops:

Props

Eli for holding a great event with tremendous prize support.

Slops

Tullys Nachos.
    Pennsylvania Traffic.
    Work on Mondays.
    Thx! I try !

Thread Information