Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

[Article] Matchup Analysis: Bant CounterTop versus Dreadstill

More articles like this.

I enjoyed it.

Re: [Article] Matchup Analysis: Bant CounterTop versus Dreadstill

Nice reading. I enjoyed it also :)

I liked the article. Good matchup analysis with many important decisions that were highlighted. One little thing to note is that I don't think Doug put enough emphasis on Dreadstill's ability to just win with an early 'Nought backed up by permission. IMHO that is the reason to choose Dreadstill over other Counter-Top-Goyf based decks.

Overall, good stuff!
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

problem with an analysis like that is that you can see both hands. it would have been far better if two different players would have constructed a fake match and a neutral spectator would have written down decisions handcards and gamechoices.
    but a nice article. its interesting how dough favours bant. seems to be his tier 1 deck of choice ;)

Flying Cat
    May 2007
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

I enjoyed the article a lot. It seemed clear that Doug put a lot of work into this article (the testing itself, games selection and analysis write up) which is very much appreciated.

I was wondering about the sideboard for Bant... Unless i'm missing something, i would probably bring in at least one Path to Exile for a Jitte against Dreadstill (and maybe two Path for two Jitte?). I haven't played the matchup but i guess i'd be happier to draw a PtE against Dreadstill than Jitte, especially if a Dreadnought has already sneaked into play. In addition, multiple StP + PtE in hand doesn't seem too bad either as they will often clear a FoW off the Dreadstill player hand so you can resolve the second one.

Thread Information