Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [ZEN] Rumor Mill

Re: [ZEN] Rumor Mill

Wtf. I was all set to pre-order my foil playset of Mox Amethyst.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    Mox Amethyst 3
    Artifact (R)

Delve (You may exile any number of cards from your graveyard as you cast this spell. It costs 1 less to cast for each card exiled this way.)
    Tap: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

Illus. Alan Pollack
    213/249

I just looked at the MTGSalvation and found this card. Seems awesome. Lets pretend, for the sake of discussion, that this is real. Wowzers. This seems really good at enabling multicolor Control decks. Mana of any color with no card disadvantage associated with the other Moxes. Obvious great synergy with Fetchlands (What doesn't these days?) and cantrips. Could also see play in some sort of Dredge based deck be it Ichorid or Aggro Loam.

Perhaps it will enable something else all together. What do you guys think?

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=176138
    That card seems insane and can be used in a wide variety of deck. Aggro being the only archetype that may have trouble using it. It seems absolutely busted in combo, easily replacing cabal ritual. Ad Nausuem loves initial mana sources if you can't float mana after going off, of course it does make you take 3 damage off of the ad nauseum which might negate it's usefulness.

I'm going to go ahead and hope this card is not real. I'd hate to see yet another card that can go in almost every deck.

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by libingboy View Post
    Card has been declared as fake in mtgsalvation.
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

It's a fake.

These fakers are getting pretty good. It's getting hard to tell what's legit anymore.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

It's a pity, because I could have actually used that delve mox in a lot of decks. :(

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

I'm happy the mox isn't being printed just because it gives the Hypergenesis fanboys something else to rave about

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

check it out:

http://www.mananation.com/zendikar-s...irmed-commons/

ITS A TRAP! ADMIRAL ACKBAR STYLE!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Whiplash Trap
    Instant — Trap
    If an opponent had 2 or more creatures enter the battlefield under his or her control this turn, you may pay rather than Whiplash Trap’s casting cost.
    Return two target creatures to their owner's hand.

Why does "enter the battlefield" sound so horrible? And that entire trap thing sounds way too much Yugioh for a conditional alternative cost.

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

what are the thoughts on the trap card? Seems like a decent sideboard card for Tempo Thresh against Zoo/tribal/Goblins.

Kor Sanctifiers 2{W}
    Creature — Kor Cleric
    Kicker {W}
    When Kor Sanctifiers enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, destroy target artifact or enchantment.
    2/3
    Artist: Dan Scott
    If it was kicked?... O_O... i know that Wotc want magic to be more flavorfull but... kicked?The trap card seem nice, but in the end, even for U double unsummon will forever stay double unsummon

Oh god, this is so awesome. I look forward to belting out "YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!!!!!" at the Prerelease while drop-kicking various Kicker cards onto the table.

Yesssssssss.

EDIT: "NOT SO FAST, KEIBA!!!!!"

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

So am I the only person who's gettin a bad feeling from Wizards spoiling basic lands first to build hype? It seems pretty weak to me.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    So am I the only person who's gettin a bad feeling from Wizards spoiling basic lands first to build hype? It seems pretty weak to me.
    Meh, it's always the same. There's usually a handful of good cards that come out of each set and stay around for years as staples. I never expect some amazing, kick ass, 50+ playable staples.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

LOL KICKED!

Also:

Those cards couldn't possibly be real.

edit : http://acostlymistake.ytmnd.com/

…….”-„.-„………―”””~--„„„_…………../……/; ;; ;; ;;;/..|;|.|…….\……._„-~”……..„~””/….,/………………
    ……….’-„.”~-„„…………….―””~--„„../……./ ; ;; ;; ;;;|...|; ;|……..\„-“―……….„~””.„-“….,/………………....
    …………”-„…”-„””-„„„…--„………………...|; ;; ;; ;; ;;|…|…\………..„„~”/„-~”...„-“/……/………………….
    ……………”-„…”-„.”’-„””-„”’-„”~„„…………|; ;; ;; ;; ;;;|…|; ;;\…..„„~"; ;;;„-“...„-“;/’……/…………………….
    ……………...”-„…”-„-„.””-„; ;; ;;;―”~„_….|; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;|…|; ;;;\~”; ;; ;;„-“...„-“;„-“„-….../……………………......
    ………………..”-„…”-„”-„...”’-„; ;; ;; ;; ;”~”; ;; ;; ;;,-,..|…|; ;; ;; ;; ;;‹’…..”~›..”,/….../………………………......
    ………………….”-„…”-„;”-„„-~”-„~--„,; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;.|...”…..|; ;; ;; ;; ;;/……/;;„-“….../…………………………..
    ……………………”-„…”-„„--\…..|….―”’-„; ;; ;; ;;;|………|; ;;;„-“|;;|…..,-“;;/……../…………………………
    ……………………..”-„….”-|.\.―”-„\………”-„; ;;|…..„-„...|;„-“…|/..’|…/; ;/…...…/…………………………..
    ……………………….”-„….’|.\……\…….|-„„.”-|…..|; ;”-„|”…...|…|-“; ;/……..../…„„-----~~~~”””――――'›….
    ………..__Έ„„--~”””””””””…...’|..’\,….’\……\...”-„.”’-„.|; ;,/……...|….\;;/…….””―….__ΈΈ„„„-~„..„-~”―――..…...
    .._Έ„-~””…………….~-„„„„„„„;\…’\….’|……\-„Έ..”-„.’\|;/………..’|….’\Έ„-~~””„„„-~”---------“----“----………..
    <„„„Έ------~~~”””””””””””~---„„; ;;|…|…./…….\…”~„”-„„/Έ„-~”|…....|…...”-~~”””―――..Έ„„-„~””/”„-,……………
    ……―”Ή~-„Έ――”~-„„………….””.„-“..,/……….’›……………|……|_______„-~”___,/…/„-“-“-..”’-„……....
    ……………―’Ή-„Έ..””-„Έ―/’――”’-„/…,/……..„-“………………|……………………――――)”-“::::::::”-„”’-„……
    …………………―’Ή-„...|..’\―’-/…,/…….„-“-„……………….|……….___Έ„„„----„---“-“-“:::::::::::::::”-„”-„…...
    ………………………””|…”-/…./……„-|;;;;;;”-„…………….””"„-~~,”―――/―/.|..|.„|-“-“::::::::::::::::::::::”-„”’-„...
    …………………_Έ„„----“-„.|...../…….|..’\;;;;;;;;/”-„……..….„-|;;;;;;;;/.../…..”.„-“-“.,-“’-„„-~„”――'|:::::::::::::”-,.'› .
    …………..‹~Ή”―…...‹~~~””\…\…….\...””~-~”….|………-“|..”-„„„„-“.…|…”-“”-“..„-“...„-“…|;;;;;/::::::::::„-“„-“.
    …………...――――”Ή~--,――”’~\….\……\””~-„„„„„-~”………..„|„„____„-“../-“„-“:.„-“….,/’…..,/;;„-“::::::::„-“„-“...
    ……………………….――”Ή””|…..\…...\………………..»………….../;”-„-„/’….„-“….„-“-~”:::::::::„-“,-“…….
    ………………………………\…..\\…...\….„„„„---„………………...„-:;„~/…../……/:::::::::::::„-",-"………....
    HAHAHA!! FOOL!..…...…….\…..|.”-„…’\―:::::|…|..””””””……...„-“„-“”„-|….,/’……/:::::::::::„-“,-“…………..
    ,…YOU HAVE ………………..\…’\…”-,..”-„::::|…|………..„„-“;„-“-“|„/..”’~|……./”-,::::::„-“,-“…………….
    ……ACTIVATED..…………….\…\…...”-„.”-„::\..'|--„„„„„„~”..|;;/-“.,/.„-“-„…”-„„.,,,,:-„”’-“.„-“………………..
    ……MY TRAP CARD!.………..\....\...….”-„.”-„„-“\”’„------“-“”―|.../””|…/…….(―”””~-„””…………………..

Apr 2007
    Norway

Seems shaky. "if it was kicked" is a strange wording and "If an opponent had 2 or more creatures enter the battlefield under his or her control" wont work as worded as it doesn't specify when those creatures entered the battlefield. This turn? Current phase? Also, shouldn't it include the word "has", as in "an opponent has had 2 or more ..."?

The whole trap-thing is fairly flavorful though, I fully expect cards with "Protection from Traps" if Traps are in Zendikar.
    "Don't let your mind wander - it might not come back." -Braids, dementia summoner

The card names, at least, have been confirmed by other posters. Those are four Zendikar cards in the planechase decks. And even if the wording is off, that could be attributed to the poster frantically scribbling down the card and getting the wording a little off.

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by mOxMoNgEr View Post
    If it was kicked?... O_O... i know that Wotc want magic to be more flavorfull but... kicked?
    If they were really more interested in flavor than function, the kicker wouldn't be W (in that case); cards that do something when kicked would actually have to receive blunt force trauma from your foot.

That'd be a good excuse to bring back denimwalk (a spell with denimwalk and kicker would be countered if it hit your jeans while you were casting it). It would also introduce new flavor to 'casting,' as they'd mean 'cast' in the sense of vigorously tossing your Lightning Bolt/Cruel Ultimatum/Goatnapper.

One would hope then that they don't misunderstand people talking about permanents 'sticking' and introduce bubble gum to the packs.

/rant

On a more serious note, I believe MaRo stated at some point this past spring that Zendikar was supposed to have an Aztec feel. It'd be kind of cool if they returned to the flavor they had in Mirage, they haven't done a jungle-esque theme in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by LostButSeeking View Post
    And even if the wording is off, that could be attributed to the poster frantically scribbling down the card and getting the wording a little off.
    This, I hope. The overall flavor and the mechanics all seem fine and good, I guess. Nothing mind blowing so far.

Trap cards give me some hope to dodge Counterbalances in a new way.

What if we get something like this:

2GG - Trap Hull Breach
    Instant - Trap
    You may play ~ for G if you had a spell countered this turn.
    Destroy target Enchantment and/or Artifact.

Of course, if it's a subtype, there must be some new rules attached to it.
    FeFe Team: Legacy in the Southern Hemisphere.

Thread Information