Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: [ZEN] Rumor Mill

Re: [ZEN] Rumor Mill

Reminds me a bit of Bloodhall Ooze, which hasn't exactly taken off in Legacy.

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

5 lands... what Aggro deck ever gets there consistantly?
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Maybe as a SB option in 43Lands if your opponents side out their creature removal? But this is only a guess as I know next to nothing about that deck

@Avatar: I really want to squeeze it in my survival build, at least I'm gonna put it in my multiplayer Rec-Sur.

Aggro Loams fingers are twitching but this card won't trigger often/early enough plus it runs into Chalice. Arg, this landblock is so frustrating for Aggro Loam. Every card is synergistic with Life from the Loam but none so far are cheap and powerfull enough.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Fuck yes, I love this! A nice top-end card for white Survival builds...can bust up Counterbalance, can take out Planeswalkers, can easily out-creature most decks...If only it was 3GW instead!
    ...If you name enchantment to take out Counterbalances, you lose your Survival.

It does nail Planeswalkers, which is solid. On the othe hand, you have to wait a full turn to do anything.
    InfoNinjas

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Aggro Loams fingers are twitching but this card won't trigger often/early enough plus it runs into Chalice. Arg, this landblock is so frustrating for Aggro Loam. Every card is synergistic with Life from the Loam but none so far are cheap and powerfull enough.
    I agree with this guy... and the insect guy isnt for aggro at all...
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTroll View Post

It does nail Planeswalkers, which is solid. On the othe hand, you have to wait a full turn to do anything.
    Dont know for sure but it could be the nuts in Armageddon Stax. Acts as flexible lock piece and beats for 4.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

I think the card is quite terrible unless you have some tokens at which point the card is too difficult to set up. Even in Standard I'd rather cast Baneslayer and just bash any foe that doesn't have removal ready. This card is just as susceptible to removal but takes many times longer than the angel if the opponent doesn't have it.
    However the Angelquest is still buzzing in my mind. That card is really good. Can't wait to see what games will be broken with that enchantment.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    I think the card is quite terrible unless you have some tokens at which point the card is too difficult to set up. Even in Standard I'd rather cast Baneslayer and just bash any foe that doesn't have removal ready. This card is just as susceptible to removal but takes many times longer than the angel if the opponent doesn't have it.
    However the Angelquest is still buzzing in my mind. That card is really good. Can't wait to see what games will be broken with that enchantment.
    another mono-white control finisher... maybe paired with Solitary Confinement for a couple of turns?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

Instant - Trap Rare 3UU
    If an opponent searched his or her library this turn, you may pay 0 rather than pay Archive Trap's mana cost.
    Target opponent puts the top thirteen cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard

Tier 2 (at best) Mill might be viable now lol.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by crz87 View Post
    Instant - Trap Rare 3UU
    If an opponent searched his or her library this turn, you may pay 0 rather than pay Archive Trap's mana cost.
    Target opponent puts the top thirteen cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard

Tier 2 (at best) Mill might be viable now lol.
    i see that rare as standard good (with fetchlands/PtE running around standard)

but not in legacy
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTroll View Post

Generally if they have Counterbalance, I don't have Survival. Because of the counterbalance...

Also, even if you do, it's not too hard to have another in hand, or a Witness.

And even *then*, it's still probably worth it in order to be able to resolve Goyfs, STPs, etc.

Still, the double-white is what will probably keep it unused, which is a pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Fuck yes, I love this! A nice top-end card for white Survival builds...can bust up Counterbalance, can take out Planeswalkers, can easily out-creature most decks...If only it was 3GW instead!
    Don't get overexcited just yet. There's still supposed to be a creature you can sacrifice to kill a Planeswalker. This isn't it.

Also, this guy is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

I dunno, I think the white guy might really be great in stax.

Look, what are the two biggest problems white stax has? draw control (finding the right lock pieces) and killing people.

This guy kills people and the flexible nature of his sacrifice ability means he works as whatever type of stax piece you're looking for at that moment. Seems to address the two biggest weaknesses of the deck and at a price white stax can afford. What's not to like?

Mar 2007
    RI

Yea the Avatar looked more like a Stax card than a Survival card to me, idk it might be ok, the 5cc is maybe a bit too high for it to be playable though.

On the 1cc Insect, the card looks pretty good in a land based control deck. Like if something like Eternal Garden could make a resurgence with the stuff being printed in this land block then I could see the Insect being a cheap easy finisher, it's more conditional (obviously one would be playing it in a deck with Exploration or something) than Tarmogoyf, but it also outclasses him pretty quickly if you're at >5 land.
    TPDMC

Look, it's a picture of Daze!
    Jan 2007
    Vienna, Austria

The Avatar basically gives you a more expensive, more powerful but non-rampable Smokestack that dies to removal...maybe some versions want more than four Stacks, but I haven't seen a 5cc-card in that deck for a long time.
    georgjorge
    Geistreich sind schon die anderen.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

The white Avatar has the least cool art ever.

But I'll probably still add one to Pile.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Punter
    Feb 2008
    Worcester, MA

"World Queller" is weak in Stax because if you name 'creature', you'll likely have to sacrifice it. Smokestack is good because it (usually) forces your opponent to sacrifice creatures/lands while you sacrifice redundant lock pieces. When you're forced to both sacrifice the same card type, it's much less advantageous.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Quote Originally Posted by georgjorge View Post
    The Avatar basically gives you a more expensive, more powerful but non-rampable Smokestack / The Abyss that dies to removal...
    Fixed. It's a borderline card, but versatile enough that I wouldn't be too surprised to see it in Stax sideboards as a sort of 4/4 Swiss Army Knife against all the random stuff that can ruin your main plan, from opposing Elspeths and Crucibles to Gaddock Teeg and Garruk Wildspeaker to Sulfuric Vortex. Oblivion Ring is much more efficient, but it's one-use and (in my experince) bites it too often to the inevitable Naturalize effects, usually at the worst possible moment too.

And heck, I wouldn't even discount seeing the Avatar in action in some new W/x control/midrange shell - the 4/4 body lends itself to ending games quite fast while your opponent is still struggling to get out of the lock.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Generally if they have Counterbalance, I don't have Survival. Because of the counterbalance...

Also, even if you do, it's not too hard to have another in hand, or a Witness.

And even *then*, it's still probably worth it in order to be able to resolve Goyfs, STPs, etc.

Still, the double-white is what will probably keep it unused, which is a pity.
    You could also just activate Survival in response to find a Witness.

It's not so much the double white that kills it, but the symmetry. If there were a way to make it a bit more one-sided (like Braids with Bitterblossom), it might have seen play in control decks.

Thread Information