Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Portland Legacy] WTF

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

[Portland Legacy] WTF

We really need to get a decent-sized tournament going in Portland ASAP. What are folks availability on 8/9 (tomorrow), 8/16, 8/23 or 8/30?

According to their calendar, Other Wolds hosts weekly Legacy from 3-6 on Sunday afternoons, which seems perfect.

Anyway, I'm down and would love to wreck you all, but I'd prefer something more organized than random drop-in.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Re: [Portland Legacy] WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    We really need to get a decent-sized tournament going in Portland ASAP. What are folks availability on 8/9 (tomorrow), 8/16, 8/23 or 8/30?

According to their calendar, Other Wolds hosts weekly Legacy from 3-6 on Sunday afternoons, which seems perfect.

Anyway, I'm down and would love to wreck you all, but I'd prefer something more organized than random drop-in.
    I've been going and the turnout is actually decent. 20 people has been the highest if you look at their blog. They also have EDH right before starting at 12 going until Legacy starts. Definitely go.

I can't be there for two weeks because of vacation, but it would be great to get people to keep building the attendance.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Jak. View Post
    I've been going and the turnout is actually decent. 20 people has been the highest if you look at their blog. They also have EDH right before starting at 12 going until Legacy starts. Definitely go.

I can't be there for two weeks because of vacation, but it would be great to get people to keep building the attendance.
    I've been going semi-regularly during the summer. There's generally 10-16 people for Legacy, and a similar number of people for EDH. As far as I know, this is the only Legacy going on in town right now. I'll be there tomorrow.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Plus, I need to give your copy of Fear and Loathing back, and this would provide a perfect pretext for doing so.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Sounds good. I'm there. 3 PM. I'll try to get there earlier to hang out and re-sleeve my deck.

Pinder - About F&L, I'd rather you re-gift it to someone you think will enjoy it than return it to me.

Also, awesome. I'm looking forward to this.

Wow, I am interested in attending this since I live right next door(washington state). I'll have to talk to my friend about it to see if he is interested in playing some Legacy. He is also the one with a vehicle so yeah.
    Team Hammafist!

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Pinder - About F&L, I'd rather you re-gift it to someone you think will enjoy it than return it to me.
    Sounds good. The reason it's been so long is actually because I let Craig borrow it, but I'd be more than happy to pass it along to someone else, too.

Please do. - Bardo
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Feb 2004
    Beaverton, oregon

I would like to go one of these weekends, this weekend is out, as is next since we're going to the beach, maybe the weekend after, that would give me time to go through my cards and see if I have a viable deck and/or how much money it would take to get one.

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

I will be there. Also taking all comers at EDH; that starts at noon.

PS someone bring me a deck please ;[ I will have Legacy stuff starting Tuesday, but until then, alas.
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

The Ineffable
    Nov 2007

So how did you end up doing at the tournament Bardo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
    Few things are as vague, nondescript, and frustrating as when people talk about tempo on a MTG website.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Fucking awful. My deck was solid--the pilot: less so. It's been more than a year since I've played IRL, so my skills are really choppy.

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

I hate playing IRL, so much harder to top deck the right card.

Yeah, I helped Bardo test his deck out before the tournament and it is a solid deck. In testing, it has good matchups across the board.

Here is the list that I helped him test:

Bardo Countertop

Lands
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Tundra
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand

Creatures
    4 Qasali Pridemage
    2 Rhox War Monk
    4 Tarmogoyf

Spells
    3 Firespout
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Daze
    3 Ponder
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Force of Will
    4 Counterbalance
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares

Sideboard
    3 Krosan Grip
    1 Firespout
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Hydroblast
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Path to Exile

Bardo's sideboard is probably a bit different but it's mostly the same list.
    Team Hammafist!

The Ineffable
    Nov 2007

Well I was hoping I could prod Bardo into post how I 2-0'd him with a deck containing 4 of Mindstone and 3 of Ajani Vengeant. How embarrassing.
    Few things are as vague, nondescript, and frustrating as when people talk about tempo on a MTG website.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
    Well I was hoping I could prod Bardo into post how I 2-0'd him with a deck containing 4 of Mindstone and 3 of Ajani Vengeant. How embarrassing.
    Nick Nick Nick. Such a troublemaker.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Bad Magic Player
    Sep 2008
    Battle Ground, Washington

I would like to play a legacy tournament on the 23rd or 30th! I haven't played legacy in a very long time and, well. :D It'd be interesting to play a 60 card deck again.

I've been playing a lot of Highlander and limited events, force of wills and tarmogoyfs and fetchlands are all kinda unused in my collection... lol. So I look forward to having fun with those again. I'll keep checking back, hope something comes together.

Would it be appropriate to announce highlander events on The Source?
    How to touch someone to death:

x15 Swamp
    x4 Sol Ring
    x4 Dark Ritual
    x4 Thrumming Stone
    x33 Touch of Death

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

I don't want to trashtalk anybody here or something, but

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Agent View Post
    Spells
    3 Firespout
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Daze
    3 Ponder
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Force of Will
    4 Counterbalance
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    just can't be right.
    My 2c
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
    Flattery will get you nowhere. At least I didn't play a deck containing 4 Mindstone and 3 Ajani's. ;)

G1. Your bombs were all 4s and CB, Spell Snare and Daze (if you play around it) have nothing on 4s.

G2. Misassigned roles, thought I was the aggro deck, didn't plan on seeing Blood Moon out of your board, got greedy when I dropped by Goyf #2 off Tundra and Trop, holding Force, a blue card and a Hydroblast. I had the Force for BM, but was tapped out and couldn't BEB your REB. And BM > My deck.

About 3 Tops, I'm not going to swear by it or anything, but between Ponders and Brainstorm, you always find Top #1 fast.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

I can't do anything this upcoming weekend, but after that I should be good for the rest of the summer. Any ideas on anything big? I'm fine just playing the normal ones at Other Worlds if nothing pans out though.

The Ineffable
    Nov 2007

Flattery will get you nowhere. At least I didn't play a deck containing 4 Mindstone and 3 Ajani's. ;)
    Touche Touche. It's by far not the worst deck I have brought there. Ever heard of Magistrate Scepter and Clockspinning comb - oh yeah that's right. I actually went 3-1 with the deck. I only lost to Chris in the last round going to game 3 and was one turn away from wining. So how did you end up going 1-2-1 there?

Anyways I really hope you keep coming back so I can keep beating you with my shitty decks. Seriously though it was fun having you there and keep coming back.

I think next week I'm might bring a real deck though to test for Mirkwood.

Thread Information