Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: [Portland Legacy] WTF

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Re: [Portland Legacy] WTF

Sorry, Tommy.

Sue is sick and I need to take care of my girls today. Apologies.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Sorry, Tommy.

Sue is sick and I need to take care of my girls today. Apologies.
    No worries.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Not sure who else is coming, but I'm 90% sure I'll be there today. Need to help my girls sell Girl Scout cookies until 2, then I'm free, barring something weird. Hopefully others are making it out to Other Worlds today. If not, it's a nice day for a drive.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Not sure who else is coming, but I'm 90% sure I'll be there today. Need to help my girls sell Girl Scout cookies until 2, then I'm free, barring something weird. Hopefully others are making it out to Other Worlds today. If not, it's a nice day for a drive.
    I can't this week. I had a rough night last night and I lost a Savannah (already ordered another though). I will be there next week because its been too long since I've played.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

K this week. Can we get any other confirmations?

The Ineffable
    Nov 2007

I'm thinking the only way for a tournament to happen is if we bring enough people ourselves. So if we want to try an coordinate something I have a few friends that are interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
    Few things are as vague, nondescript, and frustrating as when people talk about tempo on a MTG website.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
    I'm thinking the only way for a tournament to happen is if we bring enough people ourselves. So if we want to try an coordinate something I have a few friends that are interested.
    Tournout hasn't been good? I don't really have anyone to bring. I also just checked the website and it looks like the tournies are from 2-6 now instead of 3-6. Just FYI to those like me who haven't been there in a while.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Nick and I kinda stopped going there a couple months ago due to crappy attendance, always having to wait around until 3:40 for EDH games to not finish, half the people wanting to just keep playing EDH because they're tired of me and Nick kicking their ass at Legacy every week, and basically just lame shit like that. Hopefully, with summer rolling around, attendance will pick back up again.

Btw, I haven't been to the shop recently, but I think it moved across the street or something. Or very soon will be. I'm not sure. Saw something about in one of those emails that Ron sent out, but I don't remember the specifics.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Nick and I kinda stopped going there a couple months ago due to crappy attendance, always having to wait around until 3:40 for EDH games to not finish, half the people wanting to just keep playing EDH because they're tired of me and Nick kicking their ass at Legacy every week, and basically just lame shit like that. Hopefully, with summer rolling around, attendance will pick back up again.

Btw, I haven't been to the shop recently, but I think it moved across the street or something. Or very soon will be. I'm not sure. Saw something about in one of those emails that Ron sent out, but I don't remember the specifics.
    It looks like EDH goes through Legacy, so people can't do both anymore which sucks. It will make everything start on time, but no playing both or getting other people to play Legacy.

I dunno, I'll probably go to check it out and see.

Not Banned
    Sep 2007
    Portland, OR

Ya on April 9th Other Worlds will be moving like 1 block away across the street. It will be inbetween the Starbucks and the Pizzacato, which is good because there will be more space.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

I have come to the sad conclusion that while Legacy is booming elsewhere around the country, it has sputtered and died in Portland.

I dropped by OW today to hopefully play some Legacy. Imagine my utter lack of astonishment that everyone was sitting around playing EDH, and nobody wanted to play Legacy. Apparently, they haven't had a Legacy tournament in months. Sigh.

However, Ron did tell me about some GameStorm convention that will be taking place at the Vancouver Hilton on the weekend of Mar 26-28, which will include a series of Magic tournaments. Richard Garfield is going to be there, along with some artists. There will be a Legacy tournament on the 27th (Sat).

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

However, Ron did tell me about some GameStorm convention that will be taking place at the Vancouver Hilton on the weekend of Mar 26-28, which will include a series of Magic tournaments. Richard Garfield is going to be there, along with some artists. There will be a Legacy tournament on the 27th (Sat).
    This sounds sweet. Any idea on how to get more info?

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Jak. View Post
    This sounds sweet. Any idea on how to get more info?
    You could try finding it here (I didnt' have much luck) or you could contact Ron. He's apparently in charge of organizing all the Magic stuff for the convention.

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

I have come to the sad conclusion that while Legacy is booming elsewhere around the country, it has sputtered and died in Portland.

I dropped by OW today to hopefully play some Legacy. Imagine my utter lack of astonishment that everyone was sitting around playing EDH, and nobody wanted to play Legacy. Apparently, they haven't had a Legacy tournament in months. Sigh.

I'm coming back for break today, but does this mean I shouldn't bother going tomorrow?
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    I'm coming back for break today, but does this mean I shouldn't bother going tomorrow?
    I've got nothing going on. If you go, Max--I'll go too. 2 pm, tomorrow (Ron moved Legacy from 3 to 2). We can at least get some testing in, if nothing else.

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

I got blown all the way out by Greyhound when I tried to bus down earlier today and had to catch a late train. Won't have time to battle tomorrow, but let me know if there are any lunches or whatnot going on this week
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

With Max unable to make it and no one else saying they're going, I'm not going today. I'll talk to Ron and see if he's interested in running an announced Legacy tourney with a higher entry fee and prizes.

I'm sure there is a legacy community in Portland and I think there just needs to be tournaments with decent prize support.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmer View Post
    I'm sure there is a legacy community in Portland and I think there just needs to be tournaments with decent prize support.
    Word. I'd go to the smaller tournaments and I think most Portland Sourcers would, but most others won't. I would much rather try to do bigger monthly events that are advertised online, in the store, and maybe others stores. I think more people would end up going to them and it would be worth it to more people.

I would attend most, if not all, largely advertised monthly Legacy tournements with good prize support. I hate seeing all these great tournaments in the Seattle area for Dual and playsets of Tarmogoyfs. Why can't Portland do the same thing?

I think someone just needs to do it once to realize there is a market for it.

Thread Information