Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: [Portland Legacy] WTF

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [Portland Legacy] WTF

Yep, TVG is where you go to play portland legacy. Guardian sporadically does sunday proxy legacy, but Time Vault is where your competent, dedicated legacy pilots meet. One of the guys there regularly hosts a cube after most legacy nights if you're looking for magic up to around midnight-1am. If you watch legacy on Twitch look for handles like hc_fox (me), ElvenMetal, goblibguy - there's a few others but these are the ones that come to mind.

Red Castle is a...lets call it strange place, but every year or so it seems like that have a legacy tourney. The Portland Game Store is a great new venue, but we [the legacy community] have not approached them about establishing a regular legacy event in the 5th quadrant - they have some legal workaround that allows one to drink a beer while you play (even if opponent across table is a minor), and that's really just the best way to enjoy magic.

Some special events the players organize about once a year at Time Vault are Vintage (usually one event preceding Eternal Weekend) and every so often shit-tier legacy, which is a beer-fueled "I couldn't find it on the source, thus it's legal" event that necessarily goes down at someone's place.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Re: [Portland Legacy] WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Yep, TVG is where you go to play portland legacy. Guardian sporadically does sunday proxy legacy, but Time Vault is where your competent, dedicated legacy pilots meet. One of the guys there regularly hosts a cube after most legacy nights if you're looking for magic up to around midnight-1am. If you watch legacy on Twitch look for handles like hc_fox (me), ElvenMetal, goblibguy - there's a few others but these are the ones that come to mind.

Red Castle is a...lets call it strange place, but every year or so it seems like that have a legacy tourney. The Portland Game Store is a great new venue, but we [the legacy community] have not approached them about establishing a regular legacy event in the 5th quadrant - they have some legal workaround that allows one to drink a beer while you play (even if opponent across table is a minor), and that's really just the best way to enjoy magic.

Some special events the players organize about once a year at Time Vault are Vintage (usually one event preceding Eternal Weekend) and every so often shit-tier legacy, which is a beer-fueled "I couldn't find it on the source, thus it's legal" event that necessarily goes down at someone's place.
    Thanks for the info. I am glad the scene has developed and gotten so popular. I remember Portland struggling to keep a store supporting tournaments and there were only a handful of truly competitive decks. I'm excited to get out to some weeklies. Beer and magic would be awesome if that ever gets up and running.

Thread Information