Simic Growth Chamber
    Flooded Grove
    Tropical Island
    Flooded Strand
    Windswept Heath
    2 Island
    9 Plains
    8 Forest

It works rather well but it needs to play in a multiple player game. It's not so good 1 on 1.

Aside from the beat down win there are a couple of combos in the deck. My favorite one is.

Enchanted Evening and Cleansing Meditation: All you need is threshold (not that hard to get) have Evening down then cast the Meditation. Everyones board goes away, but yours comes back, thanks to how Meditation is worded.
    Last edited by Brushwagg; 01-30-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Scrumdogg @ Amrod's:
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

The EPIC Syndicate - Grindermen
    Team Disquailified Poster Duey Cheatem & Howe.

Better lucky then good...
    Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: [EDH] Enchantress

Spring Cleaning and Enchanted Evening works wonders too, just hope they have lower CC's then you.
    You can't win, you can't break even, you can't get out of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
    Cool, I thought with all that red I was gonna get banned for douchebaggery.

I hear edt's got Jamie Wakefield locked in his basement, and keeps pumping him tapes of fatties getting hit with Wrath of God...

This message has been deleted by Nihil Credo. Reason: Syphilis - Who did Nihil Credo give Syphillis to?

Jun 2004
    Berlin, Germany

Enchantress is very viable in EDH as far as my experience goes. UGW offers quite a lot of powerful enchantments; RGW would also be a possibility.

Sorting your decklist alphabetically would be very helpful to comment about it.
    Conan, what is best in life? - To crush your enemies, see them driven before you... and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Epic Library
    Nov 2004
    Syracuse New York

Updated list.
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

You could try zur's weirding for a nice combo with words of worship. You deny them all their good draws, and on your turn you replace your own draw with life gain. Once you start drawing a ton of cards with enchantress, the opponent's won't be able to pay enough life to stop all your draws. Alternatively, you could just replace them all with life gain or another "words of" if you like. Also, academy rector seems like a shoe-in especially if you toss in a few bomb enchantments like decree of silence.

You can play Aura Thief with Enchanted Evening...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Jan 2011
    Syracuse

Shhh...don't be giving him all the dirty secrets - the deck is crazy enough! lol
    Team Disqualified Poster - Because not everyone gets to be astronauts when the grow up.

Original Poster to the Deadguy Ale thread when Jitte was suggested:
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    What? Is this the magicthegathering.com message boards? What would you take out for it? More importantly, what 10 creatures would you put in? This isn't the proper archetype for equipment of any kind-it's resource denial. This format is Legacy-for the most part, equipment is too slow.

A few thoughts.

If you're going to play blue, I would strongly recommend Rhystic Study.

I prefer City of Solitude over Leyline of Anticipation, but people might get upset about that card. Leyline of Sanctity is alright though.

I'm not a big fan of Turnabout. I am a huge fan of Mana Reflection though, especially with the ridiculousness that it produces with an active Serra's Sanctum (taps for 20 instead of 10).

Privileged Position is ridiculously good. It also keeps your Sanctum safe from attack.

Land Tax? Scroll Rack is quite good on its own, not to mention this combo can lead to strong starts.

Abundance is pretty solid too. I'm surprised that's not in here.
    Suddenly, Fluffy realized she wasn't quite like the other bunnies anymore.

-Team R&D-
    -noitcelfeR maeT-

Epic Library
    Nov 2004
    Syracuse New York

Thanks for the input. I'll look into them. Alot of the cards suggested I haven't hought of or didn't know they were printed ie Aura Theif. I've been looking at Rystic Study and Mana Reflection. Mana Reflection is going to take the place of Turnabout I think since it does the job better.

Aug 2010
    Cloggyland

Well, since I’ve been playing a enchantress EDH for some time and I just found this topic, I’ll post my most recent list:

General: Rubinia Soulsinger

Enchantments:
    draw & card advantage:

Enchantress's Presence
    Sylvan Library
    Abundance
    Trade Routes
    Rhystic Study
    Attunement
    Future Sight

Acceleration:
    Exploration
    Land Tax
    Carpet of Flowers
    Fertile Ground
    Mirari's Wake

removal, board control, etc:
    Oblivion Ring
    Faith's Fetters
    Treachery
    Take Possession
    Seal of Primordium
    Aura of Silence
    Ghostly Prison
    Propaganda
    Collective Restraint
    Teferi's Moat
    Karmic Justice
    Words of Worship
    Humility
    Ground Seal
    Sterling Grove
    Leyline of Sanctity
    Privileged Position

Kills:
    Sigil of the Empty Throne
    Luminarch Ascension
    Forced Fruition
    Helix Pinnacle
    Copy Enchantment

Creatures:
    Enchantresses:
    Argothian Enchantress
    Verduran Enchantress
    Mesa Enchantress

Creatures:
    other goodies:
    Hanna, Ship's Navigator
    Academy Rector
    Eternal Witness
    Trygon Predator

Creatures:
    Mana & color fixing (& chump blocking):
    Birds of Paradise
    Veteran Explorer
    Sakura-Tribe Elder
    Coiling Oracle
    Yavimaya Elder
    Wood Elves
    Farhaven Elf
    Krosan Tusker
    Wall of Blossoms

Spells:
    Tutors:
    Enlightened Tutor
    Idyllic Tutor
    Wargate

Graveyard Recursion:
    Replenish
    Regrowth
    Gaea's Blessing

Other:
    Ponder
    Stroke of Genius
    Path to Exile
    Swords to Plowshares
    Krosan Grip
    Constant Mists
    Farseek

Land:
    Serra's Sanctum
    Tropical Island
    Savannah
    Temple Garden
    Breeding Pool
    Hallowed Fountain
    Seaside Citadel
    Treva's Ruins
    Gemstone Mine
    Exotic Orchard
    Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
    Flagstones of Trokair
    Tranquil Thicket
    Secluded Steppe
    Lonely Sandbar
    Evolving Wilds
    Terramorphic Expanse
    9Forest
    5Plains
    6Island

Some notes: there are some cards that interact quite bad, like Stroke of Genius and Leyline of Sanctity, and Humility and about every creature in the deck, but these cards are so effective that I’m willing to accept a little problem now and then.

About the kill cards: Sigil and Ascension are self-explaining. Forced Fruition however is my favorite kill, but recommended to cast only with some protection in play (Sterling Grove and Karmic Justice for example) and directly followed by a Copy Enchantment. Quite difficult, but if it works, it’s brilliant. And Attunement + Replenish is bloody insane.

Any tips or advice?
    Last edited by Crazy Eddie; 03-28-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: typo's
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    Which is fine right now, because unless you live in the Netherlands, storm combo isn't a particularly big part of the metagame.

I'd say that:

Things like Fertile Ground, Wild Growth and Utopia Sprawl aren't so good in multiplayer game, since they only give the enemy a chance to destroy 2 permanents with one shot - as with all nonprotected permanents with auras on them.

Academy Rector looks nice, but so far I've seen him working is if some enemy manages to activate a mass-destroy effect like Pernicious Deed or Oblivion Stone - in which case the rector really doesn't help much.

Teferi's moat is weak, provided it protects vs only very few creatures in a multiplayer game.

Humility looks good, but it totally thwarts the draw engine in the deck (the three enchantresses).

Ground seal isn't so bad, provided it provides its own reccursion, yet I find it filling a slot which may be occupied by something far more useful.

Enchantress EDH is a multiplayer deck. So Burgeoning is far better than Exploration by default. Of course, both can be used, but I think that's unnecessary.

Carpet of Flowers is a color-houser. Of course, in 80% of the cases there will be at least one blue deck on the table, but what if there isn't? A dead card.

Leyline of Sanctity - I think this is a wasted slot. Of course, Leyline of Anticipation makes enemies target you outright, but what if you are already well protected by things like Ghostly Prison and other enchantments?

There is a creature called Dowsing Shaman which does almost as good as work as Hanna, Ship's Navigator.

You don't need blockers in that kind of deck. Simply more tutors, more protection via enchantments, quicker combo. And the right general - Angus McKenzie - works better than any blocker. And Wall of Blossoms looks especially bad. Of course, there are other creatures that might be considered - Reveillark (as enchantress recursion engine), Primeval Titan (land acceleration and an additional Sanctum tutor), Genesis (more graveyard recursion), and finally (and this is optionally indeed) - Oracle of Mul-Daya. If you choose to add creatures to a total number of 10, then you might consider some sort of permanent tutor for them, and what is better than Survival of the Fittest! Also, you may consider adding Sun Titan to the creature list, since it works as recursion of at least 50% of that deck.

Faith's fetters looks weak. Same goes for Words of Worship.

I see you skipped Enchanted Evening. However, the real good kill combos work with that card. Like Cleansing Meditation. Or Aura Thief.

Also, I'd say you need more creature tutors. Worldly tutor and Eladamri's call are a must IMHO. You may also use Summoner's pact, although I wouldn't myself. But you need that draw engine started as quickly as possible.

I don't find much use of a Trygon Predator in a multiplayer EDH game.

And you really can't skip the best colorless accelerations, namely Mana Crypt and Sol Ring - those really shoot you quickly ahead.

City of Solitude is very good, and I'd say - a must. Of course, it depends on how you play it. If you use it at the right moment as a way to protect your kill combo - good. If you use it at the start of the game when it will disrupt eveyone's play without doing anything useful for you at the moment - bad, since you will be targeted by everyone, and will eventually lose. Same may be said as other combo protectors, such as Teferi, Dosan the Fallen Leaf and Grand Abolisher - but those are weaker than City of Solitude, because the latter is enchantment and works best in that particular deck.

About instants - Bant Charm before any other card. It is far more versatile, and it's usually best to put a general on the bottom of owner's library rather than exiling it with PtE or StP. And definitely Fact or Fiction before Stroke of Genius, although I have my doubts about including any of these draw spells.

Mirri's guile mey be considered before Sensei's divining top in this deck, of course I may be wrong about that - the top is much harder to be destroyed, and more versatile anyways.

Before considering things like Sakura-Tribe Elder or Farseek, pay attention to Explosive Vegetation and Skyshroud's claim.

If you want more protection, add Pendrell Mists to the list of enchantments.

I personally am wondering on how good will a Mana Vortex be in that deck, and intend to test it for a short while.

Seaside Citadel
    Treva's Ruins
    Gemstone Mine
    Exotic Orchard
    Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
    Tranquil Thicket
    Secluded Steppe
    Lonely Sandbar
    Evolving Wilds
    Terramorphic Expanse

Really? THESE? Well, how about normal fetchlands like Misty Rainforest or Flooded Strand? Treva's ruins? I'd prefer having a karoo of some sort - Azorius Chancery or Simic Growth chamber. Gemstone mine? What about UW or WG manlands for example. Or things like Glacial Fortress or Sunpetal Grove? I don't also get it about cycling onslaught lands. Unless you add Life from the Loam to the deck - then those might work - but that whole thing looks unnecessary. Of course, I see you deck lacks some vital lands like Krosan Verge instead. If you need more color filters, use the Oddysey or Shadowmoor filter lands. Or even the new Scars of Mirrodin lands.

There is also an enchantment that may help you with the mana fix, and also making Collective Restraint far more useful than it is already - use Prismatic Omen.

If you happen to play vs Land destroy (and many decks have such effects, like regular strip mine for example) then adding Sacred Ground is an excellent option.

Use Open the Vaults together with Replenish. Don't worry - usually by the time you use it, you'll have the kill combo, and your opponents won't be able to benefit much from the spell anyway.

Boseiju may help greatly for developing a killer combo - whether it will be for casting Replenish, Open the Vaults, or Wargate - and it's easy to find with Wargate, Crop Rotation or Primeval Titan.

In short, my own deck would be:

General:
    Angus Mackenzie

Creatures (11):
    Argothian Enchantress
    Mesa Enchantress
    Verduran Enchantress
    Primeval Titan
    Sun Titan
    Genesis
    Eternal Witness
    Reveillark
    Dowsing Shaman
    Hanna, Ship's Navigator
    Grand Abolisher

Instants(6):
    Worldly Tutor
    Enlightened Tutor
    Eladamri's Call
    Congregation at Dawn
    Crop Rotation
    Bant Charm

Sorceries(10):
    Idyllic Tutor
    Wargate
    Cleansing Meditation
    All Suns Dawn
    Green Sun's Zenith
    Restock
    Replenish
    Open the Vaults
    Explosive Vegetation
    Skyshroud's Claim

Enchantments(31):
    Land Tax
    Burgeoning
    Sacred Ground
    Prismatic Omen
    Propaganda
    Ghostly Prison
    Collective Restraint
    Seal of Primordium
    Seal of Cleansing
    Oblivion Ring
    Karmic Justice
    City of Solitude
    Solitary Confinement
    Sterling Grove
    Greater Auramancy
    Privileged Position
    Attunement
    Future Sight
    Enchantress' Presence
    Survival of the Fittest
    Luminarch Ascension
    Leyline of Anticipation
    Mirari's Wake
    Mana Reflection
    Sylvan Library
    Rhystic Study
    Treachery
    Enchanted Evening
    Aura of Silence
    Copy Enchantment
    Helix Pinnacle

Artifacts (3):
    Sol Ring
    Mana Crypt
    Sensei's Divining Top

Lands (38):
    Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    Command Tower
    Seaside Citadel
    Adarkar Wastes
    Yavimaya Coast
    Azorius Chancery
    Simic Growth Chamber
    Selesnya Sanctuary
    Horizon Canopy
    Misty Rainforest
    Flooded Strand
    Serra Sanctum
    Flagstones of Trokair
    Stirring Wildwood
    Celestial Colonnade
    Sunpetal Grove
    Glacial Fortess
    Hallowed Fountain
    Breeding Pool
    Temple Garden
    Tundra
    Tropical Island
    Savannah
    Krosan Verge
    Tolaria West
    Glacial Chasm
    4 Island
    5 Forest
    3 Plains

Of course, there isn't place for everything in that deck, so I kept it optimal, as well as I could. Krosan Verge and Tolaria West are excellent tutors so they shouldn't be left out of this deck. One may think that 12 basic lands are too few for Land Tax and Explosive Vegetation - but I think it's optimal. I like recursion spells which create card advantage - that's why I prefer the more expensive Restock and All Suns Dawn instead of Regrowth and Recollect. Same goes for the mana acceleration spells Explosive Vegetation and Skyshroud's Claim. I decided to add Glacial Chasm to the deck, because it may help keeping the player alive while he/she manages to activate a killing combo. I thought between Opalescence and Glacial Chasm for a long time - after all, Opalescence is an alternative win con. I left both the Oddysey and Shadowmoor filter lands out of the mana base - not because they're bad, but because I'd prefer having karoos.

If there are any suggestions, I'd gladly take any advice.

Hi, I'm looking to convert my Legacy enchantress deck to an EDH version and often getting stuck on cards.

The general I would like to use is: Uril, the Miststalker

Thanks... :)

Thread Information