View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

    16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

    4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

    35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

    34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

    103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

    46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

    2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

    4 2.08%
  • Standstill

    6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

    8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 907 of 907 FirstFirst ... 407807857897903904905906907
Results 18,121 to 18,127 of 18127

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

  1. #18121

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    ^ "you cant have just one" is lays not pringles. Smh.

    Real talk format is great right now, plz no bans :(

  2. #18122
    Force of Will is my bitch
    Finn's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2004
    Location

    South Florida
    Posts

    2,900

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    It is Pringles. If you are gonna nerd someone, do it right.


    But the format is definitely looking good. I saw both aggro loam and dragon stompy had a good October. If the format is ripe for these guys, it is pretty neutral.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

  3. #18123

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I wouldn't say fetches are 'untouchable', but that they're more like Pringles. You can't just ban one of them.
    The problem with fetches is that they're so necessary for format access - if you ban them, it probably just makes duals skyrocket in price, now that you can't get away with playing exactly six plus a bunch of pseudo-proxies that let you find them. I think getting rid of them could potentially have cool, interesting implications on the format for manabases if it weren't already so predicated on owning an optimal combination of reserved list cards.

    ETA: Pringles is "once you pop, you can't stop;" "Betcha can't have just one" is Lay's. Pringles are delicious.

  4. #18124
    *
    DarthVicious's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2010
    Location

    Central NY
    Posts

    298

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    ETA: Pringles is "once you pop, you can't stop;" "Betcha can't have just one" is Lay's. Pringles are delicious.
    They both apply then lol.

  5. #18125

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Kind of a random question, and not really related to the Legacy banlist, but I figured people here might actually know this. Sword of the Ages was restricted way back in 1994, and I can't figure out why. There's a number of early bans/restrictions that seem goofy nowadays, but I've been able to figure out or find out the reasons for them, even if sometimes in retrospect they weren't very good. But I'm confused as to what in the world Sword of the Ages did to get restricted, and searching online doesn't seem to give me the answer. Was it part of some kind of combo back then? Anyone know?

  6. #18126
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    1,661

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Kind of a random question, and not really related to the Legacy banlist, but I figured people here might actually know this. Sword of the Ages was restricted way back in 1994, and I can't figure out why. There's a number of early bans/restrictions that seem goofy nowadays, but I've been able to figure out or find out the reasons for them, even if sometimes in retrospect they weren't very good. But I'm confused as to what in the world Sword of the Ages did to get restricted, and searching online doesn't seem to give me the answer. Was it part of some kind of combo back then? Anyone know?
    This is from Menendian's Schools of Magic article, his source for this is "The Duelist (Issue 10) May 1996: p. 58. Print." I don't own old copies of The Duelist magazine, but I'm sure Stephen's research shows the only real "answer" we can have to this question.

    Sword of the Ages gave heavy creature decks a faster, combat avoidant win condition that was virtually unstoppable once it hit the table, according to the DC. Sword of the Ages was considered unfair for tournament play, and restricted. It may have been more likely the case that Sword of the Ages discouraged players from sending their creatures into combat. Instead, players would quietly build a large army, waiting back until Sword of the Ages could be played.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  7. #18127

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    This is from Menendian's Schools of Magic article, his source for this is "The Duelist (Issue 10) May 1996: p. 58. Print." I don't own old copies of The Duelist magazine, but I'm sure Stephen's research shows the only real "answer" we can have to this question.
    Interesting. Thank you very much. If I ever stumble across a copy of that issue, I'll see if they go into more detail on it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)