View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 807 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807808809810811817857907 ... LastLast
Results 16,121 to 16,140 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: All B/R update speculation.

B&R announcement reads like:

"We ban every combo or control deck in every format but Legacy/Vintage because we care so little, that we don't even bother to mention them anymore"
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Control is still a thing in Modern. Many curse sitting across from Lantern.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Is Modern still a Protour thing? Because I read
    Banned and Restricted announcements will now be made both on the Monday after Standard-legal set Prereleases and five weeks after a Pro Tour, also on a Monday.
    "Come play in the Protour! Win and be forever known as the person who got a whole deck banned!"
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Well,

I still cri everidai

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

So um, 8 announcements a year now? Yay?
    How else are they going to ban all the KAL/AER combos after the Pro Tour?

So um, 8 announcements a year now? Yay?
    I think on balance, yes. If you are of the opinion that 3-4 cards could easily be unbanned.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Do the powers that be just have no clue what is going on anymore? Are the people that design these cards wholly seperate to the testers? Do they even talk to each other about their work?

Three bannings in Type 2 lmao, zero mention of Legacy anywhere. Ugh.

Can I just play Goblin Recruiter now anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MishrasFo...38377825943552

For a full explanation of the Banned & Restricted Updates for Standard, please come back in February when Hasbro posts the Q4 financials.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

People bitched about expected rotation, so now they'll just help you out and rotate your deck for you unexpectedly through R&R announcement.

#WhereIsOurModernPT #Progress #MakeMagicGreatAgain
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

That's right. Clear out the rubbish. Let's open the way for Combo Winter 2.0!

I'm not even being sarcastic. I think that Magic has evolved and R&D is better than it used to be. I think they deserve a chance to see if a combo-heavy metagame can exist that is not miserable. Let combo and control duke it out. Introduce players in Standard to the concept of needing your aggro decks to be hate bears. These are things that I, personally, think are awesome.

It could be that the majority of the players disagree with me, but hey, they deserve a chance.

Now... do I play Saheeli Cat, Mimic Module, Crackdown Fumerole, UB Control, or hatebears...?

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

40 Brainstorms. Convenient that you left that out. 2 Chalice decks that were likely mulliganing to chalice on 1 to stop Brainstorm.

Been lurking rarely here but decided I would stop by and see how the GP went. 28 decks using brainstorm in top 32? Seems legit.

That comment you quoted and replied to was in response to someone saying the meta was delver vs snt. I agreed with them. No brainstorm defending from me there. Have advocated for its ban since 2011~. Just wanted to point that out to you. Anyway, you can now get back to spamming brainstorm hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Do the powers that be just have no clue what is going on anymore? Are the people that design these cards wholly seperate to the testers? Do they even talk to each other about their work?

Three bannings in Type 2 lmao, zero mention of Legacy anywhere. Ugh.

Can I just play Goblin Recruiter now anyway?
    The next Tuskvitational will feature Mind Twist, Recruiter, Earthcraft and Frantic Search unbanned.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Well, it's a good thing I don't play Modern anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    "We ban every combo or control deck in every format but Legacy/Vintage because we care so little, that we don't even bother to mention them anymore"
    This.

Also seems like they just despise combo in general these days.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    That's right. Clear out the rubbish. Let's open the way for Combo Winter 2.0!

I'm not even being sarcastic. I think that Magic has evolved and R&D is better than it used to be. I think they deserve a chance to see if a combo-heavy metagame can exist that is not miserable. Let combo and control duke it out. Introduce players in Standard to the concept of needing your aggro decks to be hate bears. These are things that I, personally, think are awesome.

It could be that the majority of the players disagree with me, but hey, they deserve a chance.

Now... do I play Saheeli Cat, Mimic Module, Crackdown Fumerole, UB Control, or hatebears...?
    Why does anyone on this board care what deck you beat up on children with in type 2?

Why does anyone on this board care what deck you beat up on children with in type 2?
    Well, I guess I have not been to Standard FNM in awhile to know the age group. But, if they make Standard more like Legacy, I'm more inclined to play it.

On top of that, the more Standard resembles Legacy, the more playables we get. That's a good thing!

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    I'm not even being sarcastic. I think that Magic has evolved and R&D is better than it used to be.
    I'm not sure if that whole comment isn't sarcastic. R&D has been alot shittier than before. Standard has been continuosly broken and defined by certain things the past few years - Mono Black Devotion, Siege Rhino, 700$ 4 color fetch/duals good stuff clusterfucks, Collected Company and now Emrakul/Copter, with Reflector Mage been randomly thrown in, too.

This whole thing screams "Full Panic Mode" and the implications of this are far bigger than just Standard. Its attendance is dwindling for a while now and Wizards runs around like a chicken without a head trying to fix things. For years, they've been riding the wave of player growth to go from one record revenue to the next, pleasing their master Hasbro and its shareholders. Too bad that player growth is kinda stagnating now, so that shit no longer works. We have seen a couple of consequences of this already:

- First they tried to squeeze of more money out of the players with the faster 1.5 years rotation schedule. Was also revoked in a sudden panic announcement a few months ago to return to the old schedule because players felt the upkeep cost of Standard has become too high.
    - Masterpieces in every set from now on as a permanent attempt to concentrate most of the EV of a booster on said masterpieces, reducing the cost of the actual Standard-legal cards.
    - Pushing out four sets (Eternal Masters - Eldritch Moon - Conspiracy 2 - Kaladesh) in four months.

WotC getting trigger-happy with Standard bans is just another sign that they don't know how to fix their shit. The current Standard meta got a piss-poor 36/100 reception by the community and Emrakul (+ Copter, to a certain degree) are mainly blamed for it.

And no, neither the sky is falling nor is Magic dying. But with Magic being one of Hasbro's major franchises that has to deliver, WotC is now in a tight spot to further increase profits. It's like they actually have to try again. We should expect alot more bullshit along the road while Wizards fears the imminent wrath of Hasbro for failing future profit prospects.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

So with 3 (!!) freaking bans in Standard (!!!!) how they can still claim to test their cards at all? Did it really take another round of Emrakul and colorless creatures for WotC to notice that their creature power creep might have hit the roof?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    This whole thing screams "Full Panic Mode" and the implications of this are far bigger than just Standard. Its attendance is dwindling for a while now and Wizards runs around like a chicken without a head trying to fix things. For years, they've been riding the wave of player growth to go from one record revenue to the next, pleasing their master Hasbro and its shareholders. Too bad that player growth is kinda stagnating now, so that shit no longer works.
    Yep. They're grasping at straws.

I wonder to what extent decreasing revenue and stagnating player numbers are simply the results of the economy's failure to bounce back, rather than a general (comparative) lack of appeal of the new cards.

EDIT:

So with 3 (!!) freaking bans in Standard (!!!!) how they can still claim to test their cards at all? Did it really take another round of Emrakul and colorless creatures for WotC to notice that their creature power creep might have hit the roof?
    IIRC, the last time there were three bans in Standard, it wasn't called Standard. And that block was a much bigger disaster than this one could possibly be.

Not to say you're wrong—I think you hit it on the head—but with poor design and poor choices of bans at the same time, what in Hell are they doing?

EDIT again: Lemnear, you've shed light on something else, which is that Wizards has demonstrated a continuing problem designing colorless cards.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Rumor has it that they have random people from the company (who have fuck all to do with R&D) playtest for them instead of a dedicated team for a while now. Given their track record, it shows.

If 1-mana dorks are deemed to powerful for Standard, you know R&D has gone full retard.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

I don't follow standard much, but what was (or is the presumed) rationale for the standard bans? Troll and Probe is for dredge and infect, but were they so overpworing in Modern?

Thread Information