View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

    16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

    4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

    35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

    34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

    103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

    46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

    2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

    4 2.08%
  • Standstill

    6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

    8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1086 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 865869861036107610821083108410851086
Results 21,701 to 21,710 of 21710

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

  1. #21701
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    North Central CA
    Posts

    2,370

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    No, I meant Emrak and Brand in Modern. People forget, but before Phoenix and Hogaak made various GY hate cards the most played stuff in the format, there were a lot of stupid Modern decks based around Goryo's Vengeance stupidity, but that deck did take a big hit with the loss of looting. We'll see how the meta shakes out I guess. And I think that Tron alone justifies banning Stirrings at this point. The deck gained so much from the London Mulligan and new Karn, it's just objectively better than anything else you can be doing in modern right now.
    I hate these decks, but they were inconsistent enough before that they weren't really worth the bad feelings that a ban would have brought from players, "LOL modern gets bans on decks that don't even see regular top 8 what a trash format," etc.

    Them losing Faithless is absolutely gigantic in their consistency, which sucked before. I think they'll still see niche play, but are going to be much more inconsistent. Neoform on the other hand might bring back turn 1 Gris into a playable option.

  2. #21702

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I hate these decks, but they were inconsistent enough before that they weren't really worth the bad feelings that a ban would have brought from players, "LOL modern gets bans on decks that don't even see regular top 8 what a trash format," etc.

    Them losing Faithless is absolutely gigantic in their consistency, which sucked before. I think they'll still see niche play, but are going to be much more inconsistent. Neoform on the other hand might bring back turn 1 Gris into a playable option.
    Keep in mind Force of Negation is now a thing - if that becomes more of a thing.
    The Night HE Came Home.

  3. #21703
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    PDX
    Posts

    1,195

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I hate these decks, but they were inconsistent enough before that they weren't really worth the bad feelings that a ban would have brought from players, "LOL modern gets bans on decks that don't even see regular top 8 what a trash format," etc.

    Them losing Faithless is absolutely gigantic in their consistency, which sucked before. I think they'll still see niche play, but are going to be much more inconsistent. Neoform on the other hand might bring back turn 1 Gris into a playable option.
    Banning cards that were broken by fair [normal 1-for-1 slanted] strategies is nothing new. ANT didn't get Probe banned, Grixis Delver did. DDFT & Painter didn't get SDT banned, miracles did. Saying Goryo's decks weren't hurting anyone isn't a reason to not ban a card that was clearly being exploited by non-committal strategies.

  4. #21704
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    North Central CA
    Posts

    2,370

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Banning cards that were broken by fair [normal 1-for-1 slanted] strategies is nothing new. ANT didn't get Probe banned, Grixis Delver did. DDFT & Painter didn't get SDT banned, miracles did. Saying Goryo's decks weren't hurting anyone isn't a reason to not ban a card that was clearly being exploited by non-committal strategies.
    Can you rephrase the last sentence? I can't understand what you mean.

  5. #21705
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    PDX
    Posts

    1,195

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Can you rephrase the last sentence? I can't understand what you mean.
    Phoenix-style decks aren't really combo, they aren't really disruptable. These types of decks do the most damage with cards like Looting. In the same way, Grixis Delver was not a disruptable deck, it hijacked Probe and got the card banned. You're not allowed to play fair decks and exploit mana/pseudo-mana loopholes (particularly when the loopholes are cantrips/consistency-positive).

    No one wanted to ban Looting b/c Goryo's existed. In the same way, no one wanted Probe banned b/c a deck like Storm was using it. It's unfortunate that decks like these are hit b/c of the sins of fair strats, but you still ban the problem card. You really need to be on top of problem cards like these when you have Fetchlands allowing fair decks linear & reliable access to 3-4 color tools.

  6. #21706
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    North Central CA
    Posts

    2,370

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Thank you. Yes, I agree.

  7. #21707
    lolspam
    Amon Amarth's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Oregon
    Posts

    1,098

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Is anyone else as excited as I am at the prospect that wizards is thinking of unrestricting NECROPOTENCE(?!?!) in Vintage? That seems fucking nuts. And awesome. Plus, now you can play some broken Lands deck with Fastbond in Vintage; that is really exciting. I wonder if some base Black aggro-control thing could pop up with Necro unrestricted.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

  8. #21708

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    Is anyone else as excited as I am at the prospect that wizards is thinking of unrestricting NECROPOTENCE(?!?!) in Vintage? That seems fucking nuts. And awesome. Plus, now you can play some broken Lands deck with Fastbond in Vintage; that is really exciting. I wonder if some base Black aggro-control thing could pop up with Necro unrestricted.
    Where was this info posted?
    The Night HE Came Home.

  9. #21709
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,430

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Where was this info posted?
    In the Banned and Restricted announcement itself:

    Since our philosophy is that Vintage should be about playing with access to all of Magic, we periodically re-examine the restricted list for cards that can create new decks and play patterns, even if they come with some risk. Recently, many players have suggested Fastbond as a card they would enjoy building with four copies of. Since most Vintage decks rely heavily on artifact mana and play fewer lands, chances are that a deck built around Fastbond would look quite different from anything in the current metagame. Other cards we've discussed unrestricting in the future are Windfall and Necropotence.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  10. #21710
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,839

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by porcupinetreeman View Post
    Ban:

    Dark Depths
    Quote Originally Posted by porcupinetreeman View Post
    All these should be banned imo.

    Dark Depths
    Quote Originally Posted by porcupinetreeman View Post
    IMO Ban these for healthier meta

    Dark Depths
    So the card is doing really well in the format and it's beating up on Wrenn. I am going to go with a solid no on this foolish idea. Or, to quote someone better than I at this:
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Giving voice to the silent majority: Nah.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)