View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 979 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 47987992996997597697797897998098198298398910291079 ... LastLast
Results 19,561 to 19,580 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Kewl.

DRS & Probe gone. The end of Cabal Therapy & Pyromancer. The real winner: Hoarders of Thoughtseizes. Heared it here first. ;)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not too happy about probe going away, because it's yet more locking abilities into blue. But... I guess I see why.

It is funny, however, that you could easily replace the word "deathrite shaman" with "brainstorm" and their rationale for banning would be even stronger...

Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I'm not too happy about probe going away, because it's yet more locking abilities into blue. But... I guess I see why.

It is funny, however, that you could easily replace the word "deathrite shaman" with "brainstorm" and their rationale for banning would be even stronger...
    Lots of blue decks play brainstorm, every DRS deck started to look the same as time has passed since the top ban.

Hehehe, Goblins is now actually playable. Prep for them lackeys!

Where' are my god damn Grave-Trolls at?!?!??!

Switching back to Manaless immediately.

Oh yea, let's ban all cards but the one that is truly dominating and warping the format.. Brainstorm...

At Grand Prix Birmingham, eleven of the top sixteen decks used four copies of Deathrite Shaman, including five of the Top 8
    oh, Sir, wait, can you provide that percentage for Brainstorm across multiple GPs, T8/16? DCI... what a joke.

Thank god, at least the prices are good atm to sell out of legacy.. and Magic in general. Bunch of brain deads running the show and I've got too much money tied into this game for these monkeys to nuke it.

Sweet Jesus finally freedom. Of course I leave my lovely Legacy scene and move somewhere with no Legacy, but glad to see the format can change.

lol I think miracles might be the best deck in legacy again

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Time to sell all the modern shit I've accrued while I've hated legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Now the graveyard is a playable place back again

May 2015
    PDX

Wow, they actually unloosed the Goose and Loam. Well fair decks, have fun fighting for your mana...oh and btw you need to run 4x Decay, 'cause there ain't no way miracles isn't going to 3-4 CB builds for those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    Not really, they even adressed that in the paragraph that begins with "While a card seeing lots of competitive play doesn't by itself necessitate action, ...".

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The DRS ban was long overdue and it should have been hit at the same time as Top got axed. Probe was a good ban as well, considering how universally hated this card was and how it reduced the skill of the format.

My prediction what might happen now: We're going to see a resurgence of strategies with a greater GY focus, both blue and non-blue.
    What's actually going to happen: LOL SNAPCASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    The real winner: Hoarders of Thoughtseizes. Heared it here first. ;)
    I guess you're joking, considering Brainstorm still exists.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

So many cards are good again.

Wasteland, here we go!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

reanimator will go rampant with no maindeck grave hate and only counterspells to fight through which is not that hard, so.. on the plus side we might see Griselbrand banned.. but don't worry it will again take them at least two years to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Oh yea, let's ban all cards but the one that is truly dominating and warping the format.. Brainstorm...

oh, Sir, wait, can you provide that percentage for Brainstorm across multiple GPs, T8/16? DCI... what a joke.

Thank god, at least the prices are good atm to sell out of legacy.. and Magic in general. Bunch of brain deads running the show and I've got too much money tied into this game for these monkeys to nuke it.
    Aaron Forsythe has flat out said brainstorm is broken and should be banned according to every metric they can come up with, but also that they will not ban it because it's a "pillar" of legacy.

This is truly shocking. I would have never expected them to ban both cards at the same time. Although I unconditionally support the Probe ban I'm not sure what to think of the DRS ban yet because after all it used to be a card which gave nonblue decks an opportunity to fight back in equal terms (although I'm aware it was mostly used in blue decks at this point). On the other hand, if we were honest, DRS is an inherently broken card which shouldn't exist in this way anyhow so why bother...

I'm a bit concerned that legacy might become a bit like Modern in terms of the frequency of bannings and r&d interventions because 3 bannings in 2 years is really unusual for legacy standards. i appreciate legacy for it's stability and long-term value of its card pool (among other things) and more and more bannings isn'T necessarily something I want for the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian View Post
    Not really, they even adressed that in the paragraph that begins with "While a card seeing lots of competitive play doesn't by itself necessitate action, ...".
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronForsythe
    It's one of the "pillars of the format" that makes it unique and players tolerate/love. It's like Brainstorm in Legacy. Every saturation metric we could ever invent would point to it being banned, but people love it. Transgressive stuff needs a place to live.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    I'm a bit concerned might become a bit like Modern in terms of the frequency of bannings and r&d interventions because 3 bannings in 2 years is really unusual for legacy standards.
    If anything, they take way too long to tackle obvious problems. Don't mistake WotC's lazyness and lack of giving fucks for good format management. Legacy is probably the worst managed format out of the main four (Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage) when it comes to B&R announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    reanimator will go rampant with no maindeck grave hate and only counterspells to fight through which is not that hard, so.. on the plus side we might see Griselbrand banned.. but don't worry it will again take them at least two years to do anything.
    Maybe White Eldrazi gets playable again. It eats Griselbrands for breakfast.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

So which cards to we immediately switch to complaining about?

Thread Information