View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1127 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 12762710271077111711231124112511261127112811291130113111371177 ... LastLast
Results 22,521 to 22,540 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    RIP Modern lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sella View Post
    RIP Modern lol
    It's more an admission that Vintage and Legacy are truly online-first formats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    It's more an admission that Vintage and Legacy are truly online-first formats.
    That's true ig. Well moderns always been perennially fucked anyways and a Lurrus ban for Legacy will be somewhat appreciated, even if nuking the mechanic would be better (imho). If they hit Lurrus and Astrolabe I'll snap-buy back into the format

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

I'm not really in the loop about MtG right now (too much other stuff on my plate), and never really followed Vintage - but if Lurrus is such a problem in the format, how they are gonna fix it, given that restricing the card to 1 copy in your list apparently won't do jack shit? They'll have to neuter the Companion mechanic for that mistake to be undone, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    I'm not really in the loop about MtG right now (too much other stuff on my plate), and never really followed Vintage - but if Lurrus is such a problem in the format, how they are gonna fix it, given that restricing the card to 1 copy in your list apparently won't do jack shit? They'll have to neuter the Companion mechanic for that mistake to be undone, I guess?
    Power level bans are apparently an option in vintage now.

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    Honestly hope that they just nuke the mechanic for eternal formats. Wizards has already admitted to not testing for them and there's just way too much potential for abuse

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Sella View Post
    That's true ig. Well moderns always been perennially fucked anyways and a Lurrus ban for Legacy will be somewhat appreciated, even if nuking the mechanic would be better (imho). If they hit Lurrus and Astrolabe I'll snap-buy back into the format
    The most sensible approach would be nuking all companions in general (either via a ban or not allowing them to be your companion) while also hitting Astrolabe and Oko.

Anything else will just prolong this misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    The most sensible approach would be nuking all companions in general (either via a ban or not allowing them to be your companion) while also hitting Astrolabe and Oko.

Anything else will just prolong this misery.
    I think what you'll get is a ban on lurrus and game-on re the rest. Technically, it's the easiest option, in gaming terms, solves the immediate problem and kicks the can down the road re oko. They have already done it for so long, why not keep it going.

Having said that, people seem to have a different take on what is going to get the ban hammer:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Ma...+Bauble#online
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Co...+Bauble#online

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Bauble wasn't exactly a $50 card prior to Lurrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    I think what you'll get is a ban on lurrus and game-on re the rest. Technically, it's the easiest option, in gaming terms, solves the immediate problem and kicks the can down the road re oko. They have already done it for so long, why not keep it going.

Having said that, people seem to have a different take on what is going to get the ban hammer:

WotC and competence don't go into the same sentence, so I don't expect much of them. It took them a whole year to ban DTT.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    WotC and competence don't go into the same sentence, so I don't expect much of them. It took them a whole year to ban DTT.
    And the whole time Probe should have been banned before DTT.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post

This is what I expect to happen, because of historical precedent trying to ban around the actual problem and having to ban the actual problem later. Of course, they did actually ban Underworld Breach instead of trying to blame LED and/or gut Storm-based combo, so maybe they improved their philosophy?

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Baubles are dropping in price since they go back to seeing much less play and therefore lower demand when Lurrus, probably, gets banned. I don't think banning the baubles would do much to reduce the playability of Lurrus, not enough that banning them would make sense. Well, that's my interpretation.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Plus at least for legacy you'd need to ban both Mishra and Urza's Bauble. And I mean c'mon. It's a fucking joke if you think those are the problem cards
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

There's no chance they're banning baubles folks, lets be real. It's Lurrus for sure.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    There's no chance they're banning baubles folks, lets be real. It's Lurrus for sure.
    Lurrus, all companions, or the companion mechanic for eternal formats. The third seems like the best solution; we get to play the cards, just not in the broken way.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

So they give everyone a heads up Monday that "something" is going to happen in a week. The set is released on Friday giving people the chance to buy all those broken cards (if they haven't pre-ordered already). Then the following Monday "something" happens and people are going to be butt-hurt because they got three days to play with their OP cards. Buyer beware and all, but this is some douchebaggery on Wizard's part. Granted if standard is unaffected by companion bans, prices shouldn't take that much of a hit. But it seems like someone at Wizards is thinking, "we're actually going to get away with this. Just "X" more days, nobody will notice..."
    If they know what they're going to do and the players know what they're going to do, why wait?
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    So they give everyone a heads up Monday that "something" is going to happen in a week. The set is released on Friday giving people the chance to buy all those broken cards (if they haven't pre-ordered already). Then the following Monday "something" happens and people are going to be butt-hurt because they got three days to play with their OP cards. Buyer beware and all, but this is some douchebaggery on Wizard's part. Granted if standard is unaffected by companion bans, prices shouldn't take that much of a hit. But it seems like someone at Wizards is thinking, "we're actually going to get away with this. Just "X" more days, nobody will notice..."
    If they know what they're going to do and the players know what they're going to do, why wait?
    I mean they also aren't addressing Modern or Pioneer so you'll have a bit more time to jam Lurrus in those formats as well

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I'm actually surprised Modern isn't part of the discussion for their announcement. I'm half-expecting at every B&R announcement that modern will be dissolved as a format and Pioneer will become their new 'extended' format of choice.

I think giving players a week notice before making the announcement is more responsible than saying nothing and then just 'boom, banned, you bought your cards and now can't play them.' This way people on the fence about purchasing will likely hold off, rather than speculating about 'when will they address this'? It isn't perfect, but it's better than cold turkey.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I think giving players a week notice before making the announcement is more responsible than saying nothing and then just 'boom, banned, you bought your cards and now can't play them.' This way people on the fence about purchasing will likely hold off, rather than speculating about 'when will they address this'? It isn't perfect, but it's better than cold turkey.
    I also think it's fine, it lets players operating on a small budget sell out of high-risk cards to avoid losing a lot of money while players who don't care can take that risk, for them it barely matters.

Thread Information