View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 984 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast
Results 19,661 to 19,680 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Jan 2009
    Trier, Germany

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pook and Pie View Post
    (knowing precisely when I could go off was kind of huge to me).
    Which is exactly why Probe deserves to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by mort- View Post
    Which is exactly why Probe deserves to be banned.

Oh no, poor ANT players have to actually think before going of now and plan their turns with perfect information... But well all of them think they are so super skilled it shouldn't be a problem right?

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    Oh no, poor ANT players have to actually think before going of now and plan their turns with perfect information... But well all of them think they are so super skilled it shouldn't be a problem right?
    Now the "we don't need perfect information, cuz we are skilled to the max" Canadian Thresh players are back. Personally I look forward to all the subpar Delver players. :D

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Is there anyone who has a defensible reason why he objects to this ban?

Just interested.
    Both are superpowers, yes, but it is yet another missed opportunity to lock down Brainstorm, the most broken card in Legacy for years.
    Do people really want a Legacy format with pillars? Maybe, if they enjoy Vintage. I for one resent the idea. Brainstorm is a much cheaper card than Workshop or Bazaar, so that I had the illusion WotC would tackle it.
    And, no unbans, again......
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc View Post
    And, no unbans, again......
    Agreed, they should have unbanned TOP while they’re fixing their past blunders.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    From my experience playing UR Stiflenought (plays a pretty similar game as RUG against combo) for a short time I felt decent against combo. As for storm it's not unwinnable, but I feel like a good hand from RUG is tough to beat. Yes soft permission isn't the greatest, but they can attack mana, have disruption, and a solid clock. I do think it's a #SkillIntensive match up, but it doesn't seem like its super in either favor I guess. BUG seemed much more terrifying because of discard than RUG though
    Well, now there you go, that is an actual opinion, rather than a pastiche of cliches. Any combo deck that gets crushed by Delver decks is probably not a viable Legacy deck, since it is the most common archetype. So, most combo decks, notably Storm decks, are built with the expressed intention of maintaining a somewhat positive Delver matchup. It's going to come down to who draws better, who plays better.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    The maindeck disruption in RUG isn't any lesser than the disruption in Grixis (4 FOW 4 Daze 2 SpellPierce (in fact RUG has 'more' combo hate maindeck because it plays Stifle over Probe)
    And then from the SB the only anti-combo tool Grixis has over RUG is Therapy, which becomes much worse now because of the Probe ban, so you might have to play other discard instead
    DRS is a better anti-combo card than Mongoose, sure, but you can't play DRS anymore either

I'm not convinced that what is basically UR Delver with Thoughtseize in the SB is significantly better than RUG vs combo
    Again, the point is that in Grixis you can attack from two axes, soft permission and discard. Will that make the matchup totally in your favor? Probably not. That doesn't mean it doesn't help. Discard also gains you the sort of information that can make Stifle better. So, Grixis with some discard and Stifle doesn't seem like an idea that is off the wall. Especially since, not all that long ago, people actually ran that.

My point is that, we have seen that RUG is generally not great versus something like Storm. Now, of course things have changed, but in general I think the fundamental aspects of the matchup remain that same. In this manner, I think that a Delver deck with discard, in addition to the same suite of things RUG would usually bring to bear, is better. Maybe not earth-shatteringly better, but still demonstrably better.

Now, the question of if Grixis threats are better is a bit more open, even though Angler is better than 'Goyf. What the suitable replacement of Deahrite is, I don't know, nor do I know what credible threat could do a Grixis impersonation of Mongoose.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    No that would be every blue player who thinks Brainstorm is a "staple" of the format and shouldn't be banned.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Goodbye shaman and probe. You won't be missed

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Now the "we don't need perfect information, cuz we are skilled to the max" Canadian Thresh players are back. Personally I look forward to all the subpar Delver players. :D
    Some of us never left mang

Worlds Strongest Millionaire
    Aug 2011
    Colorado

I would snap trade a Brainstorm ban for Probe and Deathrite Shaman unban.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze View Post
    I would snap trade a Brainstorm ban for Probe and Deathrite Shaman unban.
    I would even throw in Earthcraft too.

Next time ban Brainstorm. :)

If you guys think a lot of people are upset/disappointed about these two bannings, try to wrap your head around the percentage of legacy players who would be if brainstorm got it.

It's fetches, not brainstorm. Most of you haven't ever played brainstorm without fetches. I assure you that it's a much worse card.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

So what are the next cards to look out for? I think Snap and Griselbrand are two candidates for looking great. Snap may find a harder time finding a home outside of miracles and maybe UR Delver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Where's all the salt at though? I'm surprised that are aren't more complaints/rants from people who got hit by these pretty unexpected bans. It made former Miracles players go bananas too when SDT was banned after all. Why all the silence?

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    If you guys think a lot of people are upset/disappointed about these two bannings, try to wrap your head around the percentage of legacy players who would be if brainstorm got it.

It's fetches, not brainstorm. Most of you haven't ever played brainstorm without fetches. I assure you that it's a much worse card.
    Fine, ban either of them.

Worlds Strongest Millionaire
    Aug 2011
    Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post

I realize my last post could be read either way so I should clarify that I don't want Brainstorm banned. Im just a guy who wanted to play Grixis Delver and 4 Color Control till the end of time. Banning Brainstorm would have hurt but I would have just sleeved up 4x preordain and kept rolling. Now I'm just lost.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Where's all the salt at though? I'm surprised that are aren't more complaints/rants from people who got hit by these pretty unexpected bans. It made former Miracles players go bananas too when SDT was banned after all. Why all the silence?
    Im someone who was affected by the banning and it basically makes my deck unplayable now; however, as much as I feel DRS was keeping reanimator in check (and how I loath facing that in tournaments and worried it'll be over-represented now), I completely understand why the move was made. It was affecting diversity and it was such a house, even (more so?) for blue decks, when the primary colors for DRS aren't blue, it's a little messed up. I think that's what really set things apart in terms of why it was banned but unfortunately as a result, I'll need to go build myself a new deck.

Can't be much of a coincidence that this happened before the Legacy/Trio's PT around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze View Post
    I realize my last post could be read either way so I should clarify that I don't want Brainstorm banned. Im just a guy who wanted to play Grixis Delver and 4 Color Control till the end of time. Banning Brainstorm would have hurt but I would have just sleeved up 4x preordain and kept rolling. Now I'm just lost.
    I feel your pain man.... in a lot of ways, it would have been far easier if Brainstorm got banned instead of DRS. I'm hopeful there will still be a control deck available in legacy that isn't Miracles (or Lands, I suppose) in BUG/Grixis colors but Im very worried about it being much too slow without deathrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Because the average legacy players don't react like the snobbish miracles cult does...

Thread Information