View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1146 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 14664610461096113611421143114411451146
Results 22,901 to 22,912 of 22912

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Balanced Standard is balanced

Looks like Uro might get a bit cheaper. Although I doubt just hammering Uro is going to see the effect WotC wishes to see. This whole F.I.R.E. design philosophy is throughly fucked. Even if they ban something, then players will flock around the next pushed card until it gets banned, too. Repeat ad nauseam.

While it seems to be the new business strategy to please Hasbro's shareholders, this isn't going to be sustainable forever, as more and more people are getting turned off.
    Maybe that just doesn't matter, from what I have seen mtg seems to be more popular than ever. They can cycle from broken format to broken format, banning busted cards after they have sold their packs. It can just shift towards a hearthstone like ecosystem where 'pros' are content creator/ advertisers to an increasingly mainstream audience of arena and commander players. The disgruntled playerbase that leaves will be dwarfed by the larger mainstream geek demographic, who wotc wants more of anyways because they are the ones buy all the collectors editions, funko pops and other crossover merch stuff while established players just buy singles or product only to draft with.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Watching this thing go off, even post-Uro, is a thing to behold. Shitting out 100+ hasted trample power in single turn is nothing to sneeze at. How Lotus Cobra still remains legal in Standard aside from WotC being in full greed mode is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Maybe that just doesn't matter, from what I have seen mtg seems to be more popular than ever.
    Really? I haven't followed the recent numbers, especially with Corona screwing things up.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

It seems to me like they banned the wrong card. If this was 6-8 months ago, good ban. However, at this point there are more relevant cards to axe. Wizards really phoned this one in. There was zero actual thought put into this decision.
    Not that I actually plan Standard, but when I do it's lame to watch your opponent jack off with Omnath/ lotus cobra or just ramp into Ugin turn 5.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    And laugh along with OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    It seems to me like they banned the wrong card. If this was 6-8 months ago, good ban. However, at this point there are more relevant cards to axe. Wizards really phoned this one in. There was zero actual thought put into this decision.
    Not that I actually plan Standard, but when I do it's lame to watch your opponent jack off with Omnath/ lotus cobra or just ramp into Ugin turn 5.
    It's kinda hilarious that WotC's stance is that BoP is too good for Standard when Elvish Mystic caused zero issues during its latest Standard run. Yet printing a bazillion ramp spells with effectively zero countermeasures is a-ok.

I expect Lotus Cobra (and Omnath) being banned in about a month or so, depending when most of the packs are sold. That seems to be WotC's new modus operandi under F.I.R.E. - print a bunch of overpowered shit, then ban it later when the set has run its course saleswise.

For Eternal formats, that's disasterous, as overpowered shit keeps getting dumped into the formats, with actions taking years more often than not.

The single funniest thing about the Uro ban is that it pushed people into trying Omnath in the Temur Adventures shell - which it turns out is an even higher power deck than the previous Omnath Ramp shell was. I played the new hotness today just running my dailies. Went from 85% Mythic to 95% Mythic. Only loss was to a U/B Tempo Rogues deck that drew (and milled me) absolutely perfectly, and it was still really close in the end.

It's pretty simple, you can have a format with Omnath or one with fetches, but not both. Omnath probably means no Cobra too. Just freaking mindboggling. The whole thing. I'm honestly shocked Uro was the only thing that got banned. Of course, I never understood how Nissa and Krasis both survived their entire time in standard either, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Watching this thing go off, even post-Uro, is a thing to behold. Shitting out 100+ hasted trample power in single turn is nothing to sneeze at. How Lotus Cobra still remains legal in Standard aside from WotC being in full greed mode is beyond me.

Really? I haven't followed the recent numbers, especially with Corona screwing things up.
    Covid aside, iirc they said 2019 was their best year yet, they have been growing yoy for a while. Arena is hitting its stride now their marketing team is going into overdrive with all these special crossovers. Also the promotional videos they make actually trend on youtube when they release and the netflix thing that appears to be happening as well.

If I wasn't so addicted and bored, I would have deleted arena a long time ago.

I stopped playing standard before Fires got banned and it didn't improve much.
    Seeing how the format got basically instantly solved, it seems I made the right call.
    However, it's not like historic is much better either.
    Most of the time I see BUG Nissa+Uro+Ugin+Krasis pile.
    At least it's not goblins that can kill you from hellbent with a Muxus topdeck.

Brawl has been somewhat enjoyable, even if it's just because all these braindead Omnath netdeckers keep folding to my Snapdax after they drop their Omnath.

Maybe it's their strategy to push everyone into singleton formats because you don't have to see the same op crap every game and even if you do, they only have 1 copy, excluding the commander.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    If I wasn't so addicted and bored, I would have deleted arena a long time ago.

I stopped playing standard before Fires got banned and it didn't improve much.
    Seeing how the format got basically instantly solved, it seems I made the right call.
    However, it's not like historic is much better either.
    Most of the time I see BUG Nissa+Uro+Ugin+Krasis pile.
    At least it's not goblins that can kill you from hellbent with a Muxus topdeck.

Brawl has been somewhat enjoyable, even if it's just because all these braindead Omnath netdeckers keep folding to my Snapdax after they drop their Omnath.

Maybe it's their strategy to push everyone into singleton formats because you don't have to see the same op crap every game and even if you do, they only have 1 copy, excluding the commander.
    Limited is fine :)
    especially since you can go infinite easily once you have 10000 golds in this format which not bomb oriented :)

The stuff, they banned it in Standard.

Cardboard Crack is back and more importantly is actually funny once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath of pie View Post
    cardboard crack is back and more importantly is actually funny once in a while.
    mods!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    mods!
    On it!

"The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information