View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1091 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 915919911041108110871088108910901091
Results 21,801 to 21,806 of 21806

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    You don't earn them for beating them, but you do earn a tiny amount from your "quests" (or whatever they are called).

It's actually a massive waste of time, it's super inefficient, I only do it because sometimes I might only have 10 minutes to play, sometimes more. Is Drafting free? I honestly have no idea how almost anything actually works on Arena. Maybe I should post here about how to best play free?
    yes Drafting is free. I mean with 5000 golds, you can do one draft :)
    And golds are free. With drafts you can get gems, and do ranked drafts or buy more packs...

Hymn-Slinger
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    yes Drafting is free. I mean with 5000 golds, you can do one draft :)
    And golds are free. With drafts you can get gems, and do ranked drafts or buy more packs...
    Ah, ok, yeah, that is "free" but not actually free, since I have next to no Gold and I'm not really interesting in trying to grind Standard wins with a jank deck, or burning wildcards to try to make a non-jank Standard deck.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Ah, ok, yeah, that is "free" but not actually free, since I have next to no Gold and I'm not really interesting in trying to grind Standard wins with a jank deck, or burning wildcards to try to make a non-jank Standard deck.
    Well, as long as you have time to win 4 games per day. it's somehow free :) It's just that you don't draft a lot because you'll get 5000 golds every 4 days.

Arena has a bit of a hump to get over before you get your first playable deck which is a bit annoying. I fortunately started during Ravnica Allegiance when you could craft mono blue shitters with only 3 rare wildcards but there's not so many easy budget decks now I don't think. Probably mono red cavalcade is now the best budget friendly deck to grind out some gold.

Also highly worth spending $20 for the two one-time bundles to get some gems so you can do some BO3 drafts.

I'm told that if you want to draft in Arena it's not too difficult to do without money. I have a friend who doesn't play paper but still gets to play a lot online because of arena and I think he's invested 20 total?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I'm told that if you want to draft in Arena it's not too difficult to do without money. I have a friend who doesn't play paper but still gets to play a lot online because of arena and I think he's invested 20 total?
    Drafting is fairly easy because you can take advantage of the bots by forcing certain archétypes that they undervalue.
    After that, you still need to be a good player (And of course you still need to be able to draft properly) and to be able to notice the archétypes that are open, but i feel like getting to 7 wins in Bo1 drafts is fairly easy, which means you can at least draft Bo1 3 times every two weeks and draft Bo3 at least Once every two weeks (And more if you do good).

I once bought the welcome pack. I keep drafting at that rythm while building some tiers 1 decks in standard with my winnings.

Thread Information