View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1140 of 1140 FirstFirst ... 14064010401090113011361137113811391140
Results 22,781 to 22,788 of 22788

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Prescient PirateKing 1U
    Legendary Creature - Pirate King (M)
    When Prescient PirateKing enters the battlefield make a change to the magic rules. That change takes effect next game.
    2/1
    Proper typing would probably be Legendary Creature - Pirate Noble
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    So I guess the question now is whether this'll torpedo all the cards. Is eight mana for a Yorion worth a Yorion?

EDIT: And did they kill my beloved Gigan?
    Well to be clear, this isn't 100% of what I said.
    It's to move it from your sideboard to your hand.

So 8 mana Yorion is only if you want to transfer it to your hand and then cast it at once.
    What this really is doing is opening up discard as a viable avenue.

Do you spend the mana early to play Yorion out on turn 5 but risk a cheeky Cabal Therapy? Or like you said wait until the game is already decided before trying to jam his safely from his hidey-hole?

My question is: is this enough to see the others return from banning?
    Seems nobody was playing Lurrus maindeck besides myself, so I'm especially invested in seeing it come off, but not if it's what MODO was those few weeks.
    Zirda seems a bit more dangerous, the deck going infinite seems well suited to have an extra 3 colorless on hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    My question is: is this enough to see the others return from banning?
    Seems nobody was playing Lurrus maindeck besides myself, so I'm especially invested in seeing it come off, but not if it's what MODO was those few weeks.
    Zirda seems a bit more dangerous, the deck going infinite seems well suited to have an extra 3 colorless on hand.
    My thoughts on the change:

Gyruda - makes the deck more vulnerable to disruption (discard) and slows the deck down (either need 9 mana or get it into your hand the turn before). This makes the deck slightly worse but I don't think takes it out of competitiveness.

Zirda - the infinite combos are slightly more expensive but its still a consistent and explosive deck. I can see this remaining banned.

Keruga - These stompy decks were getting buzz from DJ Izma but I feel this change kills them.

Obosh - This change makes Obosh pointless.

Jegentha - I don't think this change effects Lands and RUG running this card - it was a late game play anyway. They spend 3 mana when they have nothing else to do and play it the turn after.

Lurrus - This is the big one - I think you can unban Lurrus now. No more LED into Lurrus, and slows down lurrus a whole turn where paying 3 to do nothing hurts the tempo Lurrus decks thrive on.

Yorion - The other big one. It definitely hurt Yorion decks but these decks play the long game anyway . . . they can afford to pay 3 one turn and the turn after cast Yorion and draw 4.

Kaherra - No creature decks that ran this just in case will probably stil ldo so, but those decks were far in between. Tribal decks will also probably continue to run it, but these tribal decks were never competitive.

Lutri - This change makes Lutri pointless as you can't take advantage of the tempo and even if you were using lutri for the suspend spell shennigans the set up now is too much IMO for Lutri

Umori - Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    New Gloucester, Maine, USA

Some predictions:

1) I don't think the companions are playable now, due to the pure efficiency of Delver and combo decks.
    2) Lurrus and Zirda won't be unbanned, even if my first statement proves correct.
    3) The metagame will change within the next month or so, if Delver can start taking back a bigger share of the metagame.
    4) Blew-stew (Astrolabe + Oko) will now be Public Enemy #1 again.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

May 2015
    PDX

Lutri doesnít care a huge amount, suspend 4 means you have time for 3 land drops, putting Lutri into hand, then untapping as suspend spell comes off. Youíre not actually trying to copy the suspend spell anyways (vs any permission), you want Lutri there to make sure oppos canít fight the suspend spell on the stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Prescient PirateKing 1U
    Legendary Creature - Pirate King (M)
    When Prescient PirateKing enters the battlefield make a change to the magic rules. That change takes effect next game.
    2/1
    Needs flash and less vulnerability to Stifle.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Someone on reddit brought up that in Yorion decks this rule makes FOW slightly better by giving it another alternative cost:

It used to be either
    - cast force for 0, exile a blue card, pay 1 life
    - pay 3UU when you need to counter something

Now it is
    - cast force for 0, exile a blue card, pay 1 life
    - pay 3 in advance, then counter for free, pay 1 life
    - pay 3UU when you need to counter something
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Lunar force now legacy playable!

Thread Information