View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 243 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by rancOr_ View Post
    Show and tell and abrupt decay are very good but okay. Deathrite shaman has a way bigger but yet subtle impact on the format. They won't ever ban this card but it is really too overpowered for what it is.
    What the hell is this. Now because they make a non-dead after T3 mana dork people complain? Boo-hoo now not only blue has 8+ 1cmc cards that are good early, mid and late, may the blue overlords save us /rant

If anything they should print more cards like DRS to give other reasons to people to run black and red decks.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

"One of the dumbest ways to win the game ever is fine, a tool for grinding advantage that needs constant mana investment to do anything isn't."

...wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

I find it hillarious how 2 of 3 shamandecks are blue, namely BUG and Deathblade with Jund being the nonblue one. And people still complain.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    I find it hillarious how 2 of 3 shamandecks are blue, namely BUG and Deathblade with Jund being the nonblue one. And people still complain.
    He is a 4 of in elves.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    He is a 4 of in elves.
    He should be a 4 of in everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Jul 2010

4 DRS mandatory in TES, you heard it here first.
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    4 DRS mandatory in TES, you heard it here first.
    Alright.
    Disregard my last.
    You got that one.
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rancOr_ View Post
    Show and tell and abrupt decay are very good but okay. Deathrite shaman has a way bigger but yet subtle impact on the format. They won't ever ban this card but it is really too overpowered for what it is.
    +200, I wish at least that they were conscious of printing an evidently overpowered card. Perhaps the original goal was to give those colous an efficient critter to hose graveyard-based strategies, but they went really too far.

If it was another mistake, then they really are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Now i see why some people just don't see the arguments in favor of banning brainstorm. They just think everything should be blue.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Where am I? People arguing for the banning of a fun and fair card in form of DRS while they believe something unfair, unfun and broken as Show and Tell should stay untouched. Weird world.

Jul 2010

Menendian actually believes that SnT makes the format more interesting. The things Vintage will do to you O_o
    (On Innistrad)

If you ask me, SnT both makes the format more interesting and keeps it more diverse.

Why?

Well, what decks are beaten by SnT? It's a lot. Most everything that's slower and isn't blue has a bad SnT matchup. You'd think removing it would enable decks that are otherwise good to flourish, but it really won't. Here's why...

1) Storm and whatnot are still here to punish those decks.

2) If Storm and other fast combo were also gone, the format would just turn into nothing but the premier 'fair' deck: Jund.

Legacy is a format with a very higher power level in available cards and strategies, and the only real way to 'balance' it without turning it into Modern is to pit those very powerful cards and strategies against each other in the right way. DRS and SnT are both excellent cards and they both do a solid job in keeping the format from degenerating, at least as of the moment. Right now you have a pretty decent balance between combo decks, decks that do well against combo, and decks that do well against everything but combo - otherwise known as combo, midrange, tempo, and control/aggro-control/control-with-combo-finish. If they could find a way to also insert some good aggro decks in that pie we'd have all the important archetypes represented, so, at least IMO, the most important thing WotC could do for Legacy is print some very powerful W, R, or G cards and a handful of very strong agressive/disruptive creatures a la Thalia. No bannings required.

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Menendian actually believes that SnT makes the format more interesting. The things Vintage will do to you O_o
    He also thinks that miracle time walk is the greatest card ever printed.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    He also thinks that miracle time walk is the greatest card ever printed.
    That thing was hilarious and I was hitting him back then and after with Temporal Mastery nonsense. He advocated for years that Vintage is fine under the omnipressure of Lodestone Golem but had to accept he was wrong and Vintage is in a death struggle between MUD and Dredge.

But those are things of the past and from a Vintage Players Perspective (which I share) he's kinda right. S&T isn't the Kind of deck Survial, Flash or others were, not in numbers, not in results. The reason might be the pricetag, dunno. The question in S&T's case is, how acceptable WotC and the Players think a 3-mana-2-card combo is for Legacy, considering how much harder to play and easier to hate other forms of Legacy combo are. I want to remind Infernal->Ad Nauseam costs 7 mana despite being a one-card-combo.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by HPB_Eggo View Post
    If you ask me, SnT both makes the format more interesting and keeps it more diverse.

Why?

Well, what decks are beaten by SnT? It's a lot. Most everything that's slower and isn't blue has a bad SnT matchup. You'd think removing it would enable decks that are otherwise good to flourish, but it really won't. Here's why...

1) Storm and whatnot are still here to punish those decks.

2) If Storm and other fast combo were also gone, the format would just turn into nothing but the premier 'fair' deck: Jund.

Legacy is a format with a very higher power level in available cards and strategies, and the only real way to 'balance' it without turning it into Modern is to pit those very powerful cards and strategies against each other in the right way. DRS and SnT are both excellent cards and they both do a solid job in keeping the format from degenerating, at least as of the moment. Right now you have a pretty decent balance between combo decks, decks that do well against combo, and decks that do well against everything but combo - otherwise known as combo, midrange, tempo, and control/aggro-control/control-with-combo-finish. If they could find a way to also insert some good aggro decks in that pie we'd have all the important archetypes represented, so, at least IMO, the most important thing WotC could do for Legacy is print some very powerful W, R, or G cards and a handful of very strong agressive/disruptive creatures a la Thalia. No bannings required.
    These metagame benefits are all given already by Storm and Elves, for example (ANT and Elves popular/good enough for DTB status, too, so they have actual metagame impact), and also Reanimator and Dredge. Meanwhile, Show and Tell occupies the same metagame slot, is infinitely more dumb to play, can afford to run cards like Leyline of Sanctity that blank an entire form of hate for no mana investment and generally speaking has to be hated out much more specifically than other combo decks. And even if you have hate, Omnitell is so dumb it probably recovers.

That's the thing. It keeps the meta roughly the same, just adds extra dumb and boredom.
    (On Innistrad)

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck..._num=0&limit=8

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...eckshow.php?&t[C1]=3&start_date=2013-06-23&end_date=2013-06-23&start=1&finish=16&exp=43&city=Philadelphia&state=PA&country=US

Where are all the show and tell decks if the cards is really such a problem? Could people have gasp adapted to it?

Just because a deck is easy to win with does not make it easy to play. And it suffers from a variety of hate strategies (judging by results, not even anecdotal evidence!) ranging from Thalia to discard to counters to faster engine based combo that we have a meta that we have several decks prepared to fight every other deck in the room on several axes (The plural of Axis no matter how wrong it looks) and making a pretty balanced meta if you ignore the fact you need to interact with things other than simply creatures so faster aggro and weak disruption creature based decks get mainly left out of higher placed finishes.

I don't see an issue, and I believe firmly there is not currently an issue with the format: only annoying decks people don't want to play against and an unwillingness/inability to adapt to meta trends
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Two Explores.
    Apr 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tammit67 View Post

Where are all the show and tell decks if the cards is really such a problem? Could people have gasp adapted to it?

I wouldn't call it adaption but netdecking... "Wow, no SnT deck at first place of the last SCG? Let's deconstructed this crappy pile and slap some with Deathblade!"

Anyway, format is fine right now and needs no bans. Deathrite is cool, finally a playable Mox!
    Humphrey is always correct.

The question in S&T's case is, how acceptable WotC and the Players think a 3-mana-2-card combo is for Legacy, considering how much harder to play and easier to hate other forms of Legacy combo are. I want to remind Infernal->Ad Nauseam costs 7 mana despite being a one-card-combo.
    I think a 2-card combo for 3 mana is perfectly acceptable in comparison to other legal combos. Infernal Tutor + LED into Ad Nauseam is a 4 mana combo. Entomb + Reanimate is 2 mana and some life, or replace reanimate with exhume/shallow grave to make it on par with S&T. Painter/Grindstone is 6 mana over 3 turns, but also sees less play than the other 3 mentioned. The one mana less than IT+LED seems fine, since you're now at risk of letting your opponent put in a card that could beat you. The one mana more than reanimator is a substitute for not using the graveyard. The card seems to fall right in line with where I believe legacy combo decks should be.

I honestly think Show and Tell is fine. People, myself included just don't like to losing to HERP DERP SHOW AND TELL I WIN? But I guess that's the direction Wizards wants to go if you look at other formats.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jamis View Post
    I think a 2-card combo for 3 mana is perfectly acceptable in comparison to other legal combos. Infernal Tutor + LED into Ad Nauseam is a 4 mana combo. Entomb + Reanimate is 2 mana and some life, or replace reanimate with exhume/shallow grave to make it on par with S&T. Painter/Grindstone is 6 mana over 3 turns, but also sees less play than the other 3 mentioned. The one mana less than IT+LED seems fine, since you're now at risk of letting your opponent put in a card that could beat you. The one mana more than reanimator is a substitute for not using the graveyard. The card seems to fall right in line with where I believe legacy combo decks should be.
    That's a wacky math to call Infernal into Ad Nauseam a 4-mana-combo even with LED. Even if you take it that way, Ad Nauseam strickly Limits your designspace within the deck and has no substitutes like S&T deck's have in either Sneak attack and Dream Halls in combination with multiple targets.

I doubt it's a positive sign for the players if you give them the choice of These 4 combos:

- a 6-mana-2-card painter Stone
    - a 3-mana-2-card S&T and perm x
    - a 4-mana-2-card Infernal + LED (often Screen yourself of get massive hate)
    - a 3-mana-2-card entomb/c.study + exhume/animate (more combo cardtypes (3 instead to 2 in S&T) and Dog to DRS/RIP)

This IS a easy pick.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information