View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

    16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

    4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

    35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

    34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

    103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

    46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

    2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

    4 2.08%
  • Standstill

    6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

    8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1059 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 5955995910091049105510561057105810591060106110621063 ... LastLast
Results 21,161 to 21,180 of 21365

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

  1. #21161

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    All you chalice haters should try out pauper. You can basically play the equivalent of a legacy delver deck with the addition of gush in a format that has 0 ways of dealing with xerox.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

    I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

    Good day.

  2. #21162
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,758

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Pauper Elves is one Symbote off being the second most broken pile of cards I have ever played. That format is fun. Well, was. I can't speak since Foil was printed I haven't had the chance to play.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  3. #21163
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    7,025

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Edit: at least the other things you mentioned require specific match ups or situations to be "game ending". Griselbrand is a one stop shop game ender on turn 2 in a majority of situations as long as your deck doesn't completely suck. The best answers to it are narrow and shitty and even if you turn off its ability it's still a fucking 7/7 flier that you will always lose the race to.
    With Omniscience on the table, Griselbrand is just another "cantrip" to find Emrakul. Change my mind.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  4. #21164

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    All you chalice haters should try out pauper. You can basically play the equivalent of a legacy delver deck with the addition of gush in a format that has 0 ways of dealing with xerox.
    They banned the storm cards, though.

  5. #21165
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,824

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    There is speculation that Krark-Clan Ironworks is banned and Stoneforge Mystic unbanned in modern, but it could be fake news. There was a MTGO screenshot about it that was circulating on social media. If true, I will be playing Caw-Blade in Modern for sure.

    I think there is a real chance that legacy sees an unban, possibly Earthcraft. I say this every time and I am perpetually let down by it, but I just can't see the danger when a precedent has already been set by Black Vise and Worldgorger Dragon: the format won't be affected in any negative way.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  6. #21166
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,300

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    There is speculation that Krark-Clan Ironworks is banned and Stoneforge Mystic unbanned in modern, but it could be fake news. There was a MTGO screenshot about it that was circulating on social media. If true, I will be playing Caw-Blade in Modern for sure.

    I think there is a real chance that legacy sees an unban, possibly Earthcraft. I say this every time and I am perpetually let down by it, but I just can't see the danger when a precedent has already been set by Black Vise and Worldgorger Dragon: the format won't be affected in any negative way.
    I remember people would complain that those could only add more non interesting games. I don't think I've played against either card even once. Vise is so laughable I forgot that it was banned at all. One guy played a sweet dragon deck in the area for a bit though. It gave someone a reason to entomb for something other than Griselbrand for a couple weeks until people realized Griselbrand is just better
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  7. #21167
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,824

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I remember people would complain that those could only add more non interesting games. I don't think I've played against either card even once. Vise is so laughable I forgot that it was banned at all. One guy played a sweet dragon deck in the area for a bit though. It gave someone a reason to entomb for something other than Griselbrand for a couple weeks until people realized Griselbrand is just better
    I think we're pretty close to a minimalized ban list if Earthcraft, Mind Twist, and maybe Memory Jar get unbanned. The first two I think are completely safe (or at least on par with the rest of the formats power plays) with the 3rd being kind of an unknown quantity. I don't even know what strategy would break Memory Jar anymore.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  8. #21168

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I think we're pretty close to a minimalized ban list if Earthcraft, Mind Twist, and maybe Memory Jar get unbanned.
    Like Mega said, I don't really see Mind Twist contributing any particularly interesting games, even if it is safe to unban. We could do it, but do we really need or want to?

  9. #21169
    Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Hanni's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2006
    Location

    Columbus, OH
    Posts

    2,620

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Goblin Welder, Daretti, Scrap Savant, Entomb, and Faithless Looting seems like a pretty sweet brew for Memory Jar.

    Mind Twist in Elves might be deece. I could also see it being pretty cool in a black splashed Big Eldrazi list.

    I'd love to try Earthcraft in a cantrip heavy Mentor shell.

    I don't think any of these things would warp the format, but they certainly would be fun to brew with.
    Sligh
    Mentor Deathblade
    The Mind Harvester
    Wb Tokens
    4c Nobleblade

    Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    In porn terms, Zoo has a 11" shlong and an impressive money shot, but it's over in 4 minutes, whereas Landstill is a good 8" and can go for 30 minutes.

  10. #21170
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,824

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    Goblin Welder, Daretti, Scrap Savant, Entomb, and Faithless Looting seems like a pretty sweet brew for Memory Jar.

    Mind Twist in Elves might be deece. I could also see it being pretty cool in a black splashed Big Eldrazi list.

    I'd love to try Earthcraft in a cantrip heavy Mentor shell.

    I don't think any of these things would warp the format, but they certainly would be fun to brew with.
    My take as well, I just don't see the need to keep them banned. All of the cards have considerable opportunity costs that balance out their power level. Making elves *a little better* isn't going to break the format, giving Enchantress one more way to win with Earthcraft, and forcing people to jump through hoops to make Memory Jar kill people all seems safe, fun even.

    Is there really a Memory Jar combo that is too good? I'm super serious, because I can't think of one. It's a 5 mana draw seven for both players, so it's a colorless Reforge the Soul?
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  11. #21171
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Paris City
    Posts

    569

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    My take as well, I just don't see the need to keep them banned. All of the cards have considerable opportunity costs that balance out their power level. Making elves *a little better* isn't going to break the format, giving Enchantress one more way to win with Earthcraft, and forcing people to jump through hoops to make Memory Jar kill people all seems safe, fun even.

    Is there really a Memory Jar combo that is too good? I'm super serious, because I can't think of one. It's a 5 mana draw seven for both players, so it's a colorless Reforge the Soul?
    Maybe someone remembers why it was banned in first place?
    Death and taxes!!

    Play 4CB!

    Another Draft Blog

  12. #21172
    Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Hanni's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2006
    Location

    Columbus, OH
    Posts

    2,620

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Maybe someone remembers why it was banned in first place?
    But then they printed Griselbrand...
    Sligh
    Mentor Deathblade
    The Mind Harvester
    Wb Tokens
    4c Nobleblade

    Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    In porn terms, Zoo has a 11" shlong and an impressive money shot, but it's over in 4 minutes, whereas Landstill is a good 8" and can go for 30 minutes.

  13. #21173
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2017
    Location

    Tampere, Finland
    Posts

    45

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    There is speculation that Krark-Clan Ironworks is banned and Stoneforge Mystic unbanned in modern, but it could be fake news. There was a MTGO screenshot about it that was circulating on social media. If true, I will be playing Caw-Blade in Modern for sure.

    I think there is a real chance that legacy sees an unban, possibly Earthcraft. I say this every time and I am perpetually let down by it, but I just can't see the danger when a precedent has already been set by Black Vise and Worldgorger Dragon: the format won't be affected in any negative way.
    The screenshot was confirmed Photoshopped, https://old.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...a_did/ee8ilsn/
    It would make sense to not unban SFM before they get the next Cashgrab Masters ready.

    Concerning Caw Blade, why? Squadron Hawk is just a bad card. The board presence is 100% irrelevant until you get a sword, swords are either too slow against all the other degenerate shit that remains after KCI gets the axe or too easily answered via K-Command, Abrade, discarding the equipment or just removing the creature you're equipping to, effectively skipping your turn. Terminus into JaceTeferi beats creatures of all shapes and sizes.

    I think the best SFM shell would be a value CoCo pile or maybe Death and Taxes would finally have enough stuff they need in Modern despite lacking all the Legacy goodies.

  14. #21174

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    My take as well, I just don't see the need to keep them banned. All of the cards have considerable opportunity costs that balance out their power level. Making elves *a little better* isn't going to break the format, giving Enchantress one more way to win with Earthcraft, and forcing people to jump through hoops to make Memory Jar kill people all seems safe, fun even.

    Is there really a Memory Jar combo that is too good? I'm super serious, because I can't think of one. It's a 5 mana draw seven for both players, so it's a colorless Reforge the Soul?
    trust me, Memory Jar is not getting unbanned
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

  15. #21175
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,758

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Talking about unbanning shit and no one meations the safest unban? Typical.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  16. #21176
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2017
    Location

    Tampere, Finland
    Posts

    45

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Talking about unbanning shit and no one meations the safest unban? Typical.
    Don't keep us in suspense.

  17. #21177
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,758

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Recruiter.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  18. #21178
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2017
    Location

    Tampere, Finland
    Posts

    45

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    I too want what few Legacy GPs and Opens remain to go additional 10 minutes to time every round.

  19. #21179
    Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Hanni's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2006
    Location

    Columbus, OH
    Posts

    2,620

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Recruiter.
    Recruiter would be fun, especially now with Squee, the Immortal. Not format warping, and would be fun to brew with.

    Honestly, it would be like Christmas if they unbanned all of those things. It's not going to happen, but it would be pretty cool if it did.
    Sligh
    Mentor Deathblade
    The Mind Harvester
    Wb Tokens
    4c Nobleblade

    Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    In porn terms, Zoo has a 11" shlong and an impressive money shot, but it's over in 4 minutes, whereas Landstill is a good 8" and can go for 30 minutes.

  20. #21180
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,758

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by jolssoni View Post
    I too want what few Legacy GPs and Opens remain to go additional 10 minutes to time every round.
    Yea, I hear this all the time. Here's the simple answer:

    If your using it in food chain your playing to loose, there are better options.

    If your using it as a 2 of in Goblins (The place for it) your never stacking more than a few cards, because your not playing to drag out a game, your just reloading.

    Cards safe. At this point it's going to do nothing.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)