View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 265 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    A more correct meme would be:

- we got a good color representation!

Everyone playing 5-color jund.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post

Did you know what they called the BG Rock deck?

That's right - Redless Jund!

I'm playing Jundless Jund in my artifact deck this week.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

"After that, we'll revisit Modern in Oklahoma City to find out if Theros can push new decks to the top of the format."

Y'know, by reprinting Thoughtseize!

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Oh, and all the other good... cards..

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post

ALL COLOURS ARE REPRESENTED EQUALLY!

Isn't that what we wanted?

No unbannings for Legacy but GP Detroit makes Modern look hilarious. That format, and WotC's management of it, is a veritable Monty Python sketch.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    No unbannings for Legacy but GP Detroit makes Modern look hilarious. That format, and WotC's management of it, is a veritable Monty Python sketch.
    It's very sad since Modern has/had great potential to be another eternal format with its own interesting meta and Modern-defining decks that doesn't just take Legacy's best cards that aren't banned and mashed into some random pile. At the current rate, it seems like the format is turning into mid-range decks, slow combo decks, and decks that can hate on the former two.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    It's very sad since Modern has/had great potential to be another eternal format with its own interesting meta and Modern-defining decks that doesn't just take Legacy's best cards that aren't banned and mashed into some random pile. At the current rate, it seems like the format is turning into mid-range decks, slow combo decks, and decks that can hate on the former two.
    WotC's haphazard, at best, management of Modern's Banned List coupled with their current design philosophy is what's really at fault. I think that the format fits pretty well between Standard and Legacy but they keep pushing midrange garbage decks that all play the same because there is almost no downside to playing four color decks.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Jun 2008
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Did you know what they called the BG Rock deck?

That's right - Redless Jund!

I'm playing Jundless Jund in my artifact deck this week.
    Jundless Jund! LOL. I love it!

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Liliana of the Veil
    Thoughtseize
    Tarmogoyf
    Deathrite Shaman
    Dark Confidant

5 cards that rule Modern and your wallet ... what a joke of a format: nearly as expensive as Legacy, nearly as "diverse" as Vintage....
    Vintage is actually pretty diverse believe it or not.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Vintage is actually pretty diverse believe it or not.
    Yes, diversity is given among the blue decks, but that's pointless if all lose to Shop and Dredge unless dedicating almost all their SB to those 2 archtypes and even then it's not uncommon that you are never able to play those SB cards because Shop locks you out on the play or Dredge dismembers your hand turn 2 with flashbacked Therapies if not kill you directly.

There's no fun in playing in rare and small tourneys of about a dozen peeps and half of them playing Dredge and Shop, killing you without having a chance to interact with them meaningful. I have enough of the format and WotC ignoring that there's a problem for more than 4 years. They will never touch Vintage anymore and just will let the format die in the chokehold of those 2 decks, that's my expectation.

It's like talking diversity of choice in pickung up KotR, Tarmogoyf or Teravore (Jace, Gush, Bob as engines in Vintage) for your deck to battle other creature-decks, while half of the format plays S&T or Storm.

The GenCon Vintage tournaments during the last few years were hilarious and BoM is going to drop the Vintage Tournament because of the vanishing number of players participating
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Yes, diversity is given among the blue decks, but that's pointless if all lose to Shop and Dredge unless dedicating almost all their SB to those 2 archtypes and even then it's not uncommon that you are never able to play those SB cards because Shop locks you out on the play or Dredge dismembers your hand turn 2 with flashbacked Therapies if not kill you directly.

There's no fun in playing in rare and small tourneys of about a dozen peeps and half of them playing Dredge and Shop, killing you without having a chance to interact with them meaningful. I have enough of the format and WotC ignoring that there's a problem for more than 4 years. They will never touch Vintage anymore and just will let the format die in the chokehold of those 2 decks, that's my expectation.

It's like talking diversity of choice in pickung up KotR, Tarmogoyf or Teravore (Jace, Gush, Bob as engines in Vintage) for your deck to battle other creature-decks, while half of the format plays S&T or Storm.

The GenCon Vintage tournaments during the last few years were hilarious and BoM is going to drop the Vintage Tournament because of the vanishing number of players participating
    Haven't any of the recent anti-yard cards made Dredge in vintage more bearable?

Sep 2009
    Michigan, US

Keep in mind, it takes about 7 months of vintage to accumulate the same amount of data as 1 month of Standard.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
    Keep in mind, it takes about 7 months of vintage to accumulate the same amount of data as 1 month of Standard.
    More to the point for the purpose of that website any deck with Workshops = MUD and any deck with Jace = Jace Control and any deck with dudes = fish. There are at least 4 flavors of MUD, more Jace decks than I can think of, and at least 5 "fish" decks off the top of my head.

Sweep the leg!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    More to the point for the purpose of that website any deck with Workshops = MUD and any deck with Jace = Jace Control and any deck with dudes = fish. There are at least 4 flavors of MUD, more Jace decks than I can think of, and at least 5 "fish" decks off the top of my head.
    Oh sure, there are variations. But compared to Legacy's various? Not comparable in the least.

Oh sure, there are variations. But compared to Legacy's various? Not comparable in the least.
    Still more than Modern.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Well if Legacy is the baseline for a wide open format nothing is ever going to compare. Legacy is so wide open sometimes people complain on these boards that they wish the meta was more defined because it's entirely reasonable to go to a 9 round event and play vs. 9 different decks. I mean as far as being wide open is concerned Legacy players are spoiled.

That said I went to Gencon and played probably 15 rounds of Vintage and I played vs. Dredge, MUD, Turbo-Tezz, Humans, RUG Delver, Bomberman, BUG Jace, UB Jace, Doomsday, Oath, Oops All Spells, and UW Fish, so I'd say Vintage is still pretty varied. MUD and Jace Control have many flavors that all get lumped together as opposed to other decks that have different categories on that site so it makes it look like the same MUD deck wins every event.

If you look at the decks the site is pulling from for example this http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...2&iddeck=85221 is a MUD deck
    and this is an Oath deck (even though it runs 0x Oath MD) http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...0&iddeck=84822

Sweep the leg!

Sep 2009
    Michigan, US

To try to head off the pissing match:
    Legacy is the most diverse format.
    Vintage is more diverse and more interesting than would seem at first glance, and I bet many legacy players would enjoy it immensely. I also think many legacy players would hate it. It's worth your time to try it out.

(It's probably worth your time to try the other major formats, as well.)

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

There's no fun in playing in rare and small tourneys of about a dozen peeps and half of them playing Dredge and Shop, killing you without having a chance to interact with them meaningful.
    This is coming from a storm player? Give me a break.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Thread Information