View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 831 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 331731781821827828829830831832833834835841881931 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,620 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Here's what I would like to see happen (it'll open the Floodgates of Hell, but whatever):

Legacy:

Survival of the Fittest is unbanned.
    Mind Twist is unbanned.
    Mind's Desire is unbanned.
    Yawgmoth's Bargain is unbanned.
    Earthcraft is unbanned.
    Mana Drain is unbanned.
    Goblin Recruiter is unbanned.

Sensei's Divining Top is banned.
    Show and Tell is banned.

Feb 2015
    Italy

In a world where mana drain, mind's desire and bargain are legal, why should show and tell be a problem? It is the dumbest card in the game and I wouldn't mind if it didn't exist, but if you allow these cards show and tell becomes a much less broken card in comparison

Why would Wizard do anything now? Last time, everyone was sleeving up Omni with Dig Through Time during the GPT leading up to GP SeaTac. Some people had to switch deck once DTT got the axe. Is Miracles reaching that similarity in circumstance?

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    In a world where mana drain, mind's desire and bargain are legal, why should show and tell be a problem? It is the dumbest card in the game and I wouldn't mind if it didn't exist, but if you allow these cards show and tell becomes a much less broken card in comparison
    Show and Tell into Bargain would be hotness.

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    Show and Tell into Bargain would be hotness.
    I would argue that it is not much better, if not worse, than snt into griselbrand.

People would play bargain with a cabal ritual, not via snt imho
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Admin
    Oct 2003
    Redondo Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Here's what I would like to see happen (it'll open the Floodgates of Hell, but whatever):

Legacy:

Survival of the Fittest is unbanned.
    Mind Twist is unbanned.
    Mind's Desire is unbanned.
    Yawgmoth's Bargain is unbanned.
    Earthcraft is unbanned.
    Mana Drain is unbanned.
    Goblin Recruiter is unbanned.

Sensei's Divining Top is banned.
    Show and Tell is banned.
    I'd love to see something like this too, but it's very doubtful. Mind's Desire may be a bit too dangerous to take off, but the others would be cool, and probably only slightly damaging if anything. Plus, Mana Drain is not on the reserved list, so it would give incentive to include it in the Iconic set (I know... no way in hell that's happening).
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

What I think will happen on Monday: No changes

What I want to happen on Monday: No changes

I would not shed a tear over: True-Name Nemesis, Deathrite Shaman, Terminus, and/or Griselbrand being banned

What should be unbanned: Mind Twist, Earthcraft

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Ban everything until Tarpan is the best.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Mind Twist's price chart amuses me.

It's definitely getting unbanned when Oath of the Gatewatch comes out. No? Definitely next time! Keep the price up and the party going!
    It's definitely getting unbanned when Shadows over Innistrad comes out. Ah, crap. But definitely next time! Higher!
    It's definitely getting unbanned when Eldritch Moon comes out. Ah, crap. But definitely next time! Higher!
    It's definitely getting unbanned when Kaladesh comes out. Ah, crap. But definitely next time! Higher!
    It's definitely getting unbanned when Aether Revolt comes out. Ah, crap. But definitely next time! Higher!
    It's definitely getting unbanned when Amonkhet comes out.

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Sure. That's Unlimited though, whose price has more to do with its connection to Old School than Legacy speculation. The charts for Revised and 4th Edition are much less dramatic.
    Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Quote Originally Posted by whienot View Post
    That's Unlimited though, whose price has more to do with its connection to Old School
    Jumps right before banning announcements. Falls right after banning announcements. Explain the connection to Old School.

Quote Originally Posted by whienot View Post
    The charts for Revised and 4th Edition are much less dramatic.
    Why would you speculate on Revised and 4th Edition pleb versions?

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Confirmation bias? You're pointing only to the Unlimited version to prove your point. There is no price correlation with Rev/4th with BnR announcements.

Why would you speculate on Revised and 4th Edition pleb versions?
    Why even spec on Unlimited for Legacy (Alpha of gtfo, right?) unless you're banking on value to be maintained by Old School playability. More gains to be had speculating on 4th/Revised.

I'm not saying it's not amusing, but there is more than one cost driver. To be fair, Unlimited Mind Twist's price history has been super swingy.
    Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    The view from a Miracles player on the B&R lsit

https://thelibraryatpendrellvale.com...the-kingmaker/

I hope you enjoy it!

Sib
    By all the gods.

His argument boils down to, "I'm having fun crushing everyone but these other guys, so to give these other guys a shot, Wizards should screw over the people I'm crushing."

There was so little understanding in that article, I don't even know how to respond.

No offense to you, Sibelius. You'll always be my favorite composer.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

I for one am looking forward to precisely nothing happening tomorrow because why the fuck would they do anything at this point?
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I actually just read the article because I'm lazy, and the only thing I truly disagree with is the portion about terminus and the deck needing a sweeper to survive. I believe he gets stuck thinking that supreme verdict is the only other sweeper he could possibly run in the format. Yes the mana requirement is tough, and that is why it's okay. Currently with miracles having such an inexpensive and easy to cast sweeper it makes mana denial impossible (or at least very difficult without a specific set of cards). He says supreme verdict would be hard to cast and even impossible against some decks. And he's right. Forcing that to be the best sweeper would force the deck to maybe run more duals and expose itself which would open up the non blue decks to have a way to fight the deck via more conventional means of lands destruction.

Also like I was saying, he gets really focused in on supreme verdict thinking that is the only thing he could play, but one thing that made the old counter balance decks not too powerful was that they had to make certain sacrifices with their sweepers of choice which have certain strategies a fighting chance. BUG Still used to play deed. Other decks played Engineered Explosives. Supreme Blue played firespout. Hell, with terminus gone you could reasonably maybe see a black splash and play Toxic Deluge. All of these sweepers are definitely reasonable cards for a control deck to play, but they also gives the creature decks ways to beat them. Varied Mana costs if EE is the choice, high mana cost to beat Deed, high toughness to beat Spout, and aggressive attacking of the life total to beat deluge. Currently none of those strategies can beat a wrath for 1 that doesn't care about mana cost, toughness, life total, hexproof, recursive abilities, or even indestructible. I just am of the thought that I think it would be good for the control deck of the format to have a sweeper with some sort of downside other than maybe it gets stuck in my hand, but most of the time it doesn't because of the insane amounts of cards selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    Mind Twist's price chart amuses me.
    This post just made me put up my Unlimited Mind Twists. I bought like.. 20 mind twists a couple years back and it turns out that a bunch were unlimited and nm; so this post may be worth a couple hundred bucks*!

[*not a legally binding claim]

@Mega
    I actually am one of the "Idiot Moron Stupids"[**] that also thinks Terminus is enough to kill the deck. The difference between:
    * Instant speed
    * 1-mana
    * Killing Everything
    * Ignoring Grave recursion

[**]Not a real quote

is huge. You can't man-land them effectively. You can't Bloodghast them. You can't beat them to the punch with mana-denial. Pyroclasm won't be good enough for them, as Serra-Whatever will come back, goyfs will live, Gurmags, etc.. Even Mentor survives. X-based removal isn't good enough, none of it.

Elves will start beating them down.

@Everyone
    I can get on the ban-DRS train. Delver decks were more interesting before with Goose and Tombstalker. While I hate to lose to Reanimator, it should be a deck :p. I think between Terminus and DRS Grave-Recursion has taken a hit that is pretty unreasonable. We live in a world with Crop->Bog, RiP, Cage, etc.. and can probably manage without DRS. This is from a guy who has multiple playsets (for loaning out) and runs black/DRS in every deck since he started playing. He's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    This is from a guy who has multiple playsets (for loaning out) and runs black/DRS in every deck since he started playing. He's just that good.
    I play 4 DRS in my Burn deck .

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    The view from a Miracles player on the B&R lsit

https://thelibraryatpendrellvale.com...the-kingmaker/

I hope you enjoy it!

Sib
    "DRS homogenizes the format; if my opponent goes Polluted Delta->Underground Sea->DRS they could be playing something in the area 10 different decks. It is simply jams into any black and/or green deck. That’s a sign the card might be too good."

The lack of awareness is hilarious.

"Miracles is unique in being the last actual blue control deck in all of Magic"

Pauper disagrees. Vehemently.

I'll go take a shot of scotch and go put a hole in my head to get that "article" out of it now, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

DRS is fine, there are just enough things to punish the card (be it fast combo, punishing fire, t1 blood moon) that I feel it's fine.
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

I enjoyed the article, it is a new take on the argument that something needs to be done in legacy. While Shaman does keep down all of the old school delver decks, he also supports an entire class of BG(x) decks which are format favorites by the non blue players. I personally think something in miracles needs to go, preferably top. As it would be interesting to see he deck use miracles without the top engine, just jace/brainstorm/cantrips/scroll rack?, as he is correct about the sweepers in legacy costing too much.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Thread Information