View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 917 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 4178178679079139149159169179189199209219279671017 ... LastLast
Results 18,321 to 18,340 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Don't be trolling. You serious?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Serious indeed
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Earthcraft still too strong for Legacy

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Fuck, Lantern is harder to play now. Oh wait, Needle.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck, Lantern is harder to play now. Oh wait, Needle.
    Or just play jace yourself, it's super good with lantern of insight and behind ensaring bridge

All I want is for some lantern player to terminus in a GP off a jace so i can watch the twitch chat meltdown

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    The unban has nothing to do with balancing. Modern was in a really good place right now. But since they have to sell M25 packs next month, they had to go and fuck it up in the quest for more money.

Maybe they would be better off if they got their shit together and printed new duals without any shitty disadvantages, considering how desperate they seem for revenue now.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    The unban has nothing to do with balancing. Modern was in a really good place right now. But since they have to sell M25 packs next month, they had to go and fuck it up in the quest for more money.
    I agree Modern is in a good place currently, but I don't think these unbans will ruin that... What's your thought process on how this will ruin Modern?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I was already happy with modern and I think this is a great way to increase popularity of an already popular format. I'll be Jace-ing in modern for sure, maybe Bloodbraid-ing too. I certainly appreciate this over banning Lantern or some other nonsense because 'deck iz too guud, BAN!!!'

If you are complaining about losing to Jace fateseal, dude, Lantern is the fateseal fucking deck. The repeatable Brainstorm is really powerful of course, but one of the most played cards in the format just happens to deal 3 damage. Without free countermagic, Jace is a lot more fragile.

Bloodbraid Elf is a bit of a quandary. I think it will be powerful to play Bloodbraid into Kolaghan's Command, but I don't know if it's too powerful. Jace's presence in the format means a lot more counterspells will be played, and if that's the case KCommand will get countered and Bloodbraid becomes a 3/2 haste for 4, which is perfectly fair. I'm looking forward to jamming games in this new Modern format.

I'm really surprised at WOTC's reticence for unbanning cards in Legacy. It would be a way to keep the format from getting too stale, which honestly it is becoming for me. I'm not saying it's bad, I love the format, but it's getting predictable. I want the Wild West!
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Earthcraft still too strong for Legacy
    I lol'd. Can't have squirrel combo taking over the format. I'm glad we only have reasonable stuff like show and tell for Griselbrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I lol'd. Can't have squirrel combo taking over the format. I'm glad we only have reasonable stuff like show and tell for Griselbrand
    Three-mana Bargains are naturally less scary than infinite Squirrels. I mean, Griseltard only has 7 power!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Three-mana Bargains are naturally less scary than infinite Squirrels. I mean, Griseltard only has 7 power!
    Ya infinite tapped squirrels are way more busted than a grisselbrand

The recent Pro Tour and GP makes me want to try and sleeve up Modern again. But then I look at 9-32 of the GP and it's like 50% Tron and Burn decks.

Jace and BBE back is pretty cool, and I think Disrupting Shoal could make a push into Modern Jace decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Worth pointing out that wincons were never supposed to be anything but broken, team.

And yes, so is getting 15 1/1 tokens.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

That's totally unrealistic!

You'd need at least 20 Squirrels, Wonder, and an Island.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    That's totally unrealistic!

You'd need at least 20 Squirrels, Wonder, and an Island.
    Levitation also works.

Or Akroma's Memorial if you want to stay monocolor and have Cradle in play. Although in that case, it's questionable why you don't win on the spot with the divine fury of an angelic squirrel legion.

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Pfft...I guess a lot of people here don't remember the Mercadian Masques ALL STAR that was Spidersilk Armor. Reach, toughness, everything you need. That's a card that could gum up casual boardstates like no other and would help our tree-rat friends eat some spaghetti with their acorns.

PS: With the Modern B&R Llist update we are officially in Yu Gi Oh territory ladies and germs. Next up, a Mana Drain unban in Legacy to gin up sales for Bubonic Masters in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Maybe they would be better off if they got their shit together and printed new duals without any shitty disadvantages, considering how desperate they seem for revenue now.
    yes unbanning 4 mana fair cards that shouldn't be on the ban list = destroying the format as a cash grab.

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Quote Originally Posted by Rascalyote View Post
    yes unbanning 4 mana fair cards that shouldn't be on the ban list = destroying the format as a cash grab.
    It's concerning to see the ban list cynically managed to sell packs of a new product as opposed to make formats more interesting or healthy.

Sure, JTMS is very unlikely to destroy Modern. I doubt it will even put more than a dozen copies in the next few top 8s. Some U/W or U/W/r lists will slot in two to three Jaces instead of whatever other value/engines they were running and be somewhat stronger against slower, fairer matchups as a result (i.e. a minority of the Modern metagame). But I fail to see any upside to unbanning Jace.

Blue-based control doesn't need the help. U/x/y lists have had good tournament finishes without Jace in recent times. And the addition of the Walletsculptor to the format will serve only to push out a bunch of 4-drops that are drastically weaker than Jace in Blue decks interested in the long game that had seen play up to this point. Instead of seeing random Nahiris, Gideons, Elspeth's, Mom and Pop's Thopter Shop, or Jace, Architecht of Thought, we're probably just going to see a bunch of Mindsculptors in U/x/y Control and Midrange piles because he's on a much higher power level than any of those options.

And JTMS doesn't really enable anything interesting; he's simply an incredibly powerful and flexible goodstuff card. It's no Survival, or in Modern terms Twin or Pod, where you can build a unique strategy around it.

From a format health perspective, it seems like there's little-to-no upside, some likely downsides, and the scant risk of catastrophe. But the financial side looks great for WotC. Masters 25 now has a $100 chase Mythic, legal in one of the most popular constructed formats, for people to go nuts over; Jace is now a much more exciting spoiler than he was as $40-$50 Legacy and Cube staple and that's likely to be reflected in sales.

Ain't the end of the world by any means, but, just like the mass Standard bannings, this is a slippery slope we're headed down.

Mar 2009
    Zurich

Lol. Jace is not good enough to be banned, so he is unbanned. I see nothing wrong with that. Shortening the banned list seems to be smart move. Also Jace and BBE are iconic and people like to cast them. Win-win. I approve this unbanning.

Thread Information