View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 968 of 968 FirstFirst ... 468868918958964965966967968
Results 19,341 to 19,347 of 19347

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Well, MKM Hamburg had 1 Elves, 2 Red Stompy, 3 Dark Depths, 1 Belcher and 1 Miracles in the Top 8.

You can hate BS all you want, but this Top 8 looks like Aids to me.
    As Julian won it with elves, he might be able to enlighten us about the field. Are the Lists online already?

On a general note, the meta is so inbreed with 21%+ DRS+BlueShell that running overspecialized predators might be somewhat viable despite 4c's/Grixis' usually stable curve and mana. We will see how Grixis/4c reacts to this event.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!
    Finally on Twitter! @ValeLemnear

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    As Julian won it with elves, he might be able to enlighten us about the field. Are the Lists online already?

On a general note, the meta is so inbreed with 21%+ DRS+BlueShell that running overspecialized predators might be somewhat viable despite 4c's/Grixis' usually stable curve and mana. We will see how Grixis/4c reacts to this event.
    Yes they are: http://series.magiccardmarket.eu/201...ys-main-event/ .

The linear decks are just consequence of the warped meta, because if you are playing for a longer, more interactive game, there are very few decks that operate on a similar level of consistency, versatility and efficiency that grixis DRS offers. Any deck that isnt a linear combo/ stompy deck that only draws one card a turn is being pushed out of the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post

I thought DRS was soo good, that even the 4c mana base fights through wastelands and blood moons? And now they are the natural predators?

Stackbuilder
    Mar 2012
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    @JDK: So, I make a comment about how we can observe a polarization and that it seems bad for the meta. And you reply that it is the linear strategies you don't like. Well, maybe these are two sides of the same coin?
    Me: "I don't like apples"
    You: "You don't like fruits."
    Me: "No, I just don't like apples. I still like pears etc."
    You: "Well, they are all fruits, so you don't like fruits."

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Me: "I don't like apples"
    You: "You don't like fruits."
    Me: "No, I just don't like apples. I still like pears etc."
    You: "Well, they are all fruits, so you don't like fruits."
    I think what pettdan meant was that because you want Brainstorm to be a thing, you are now getting very linear strategies that prey on it. You can't have one without the other, or something of that nature.

To continue bad analogies: Legacy is a fruit salad, you want pears in it, but the fruit salads that have pears all come bundled together with apples.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    I thought DRS was soo good, that even the 4c mana base fights through wastelands and blood moons? And now they are the natural predators?
    So far this is an outliner and no way a benchmark for the meta by itself. We need to sieve trough the lists and data to see if the DRS+BlueShell players weren't just simply slacking in regards to answers to Lands & Co.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!
    Finally on Twitter! @ValeLemnear

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information