View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1029 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 295299299791019102510261027102810291030103110321033103910791129 ... LastLast
Results 20,561 to 20,580 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Spirit Guide, Spirit Guide into Manamorphose, the way God intended
    Fixed that for you.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Hey folks what do we think about unbanning black lotus? It's basically just pure card disadvantage since you can't really do anything good with 3 of the same color of mana anyways. You are down 3 cards if your opponent forces a turn 1 JTMS aka pure card disadvantage. It seems close to unplayable, kind of like tinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Maybe unban minds desire while we're at it
    Please?? Please, can we??

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

More storm can’t be a bad thing, although I’m certain the bitch about everything contingency would find fault with it
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    More storm can’t be a bad thing, although I’m certain the bitch about everything contingency would find fault with it
    Give me a Chalice of the Void creature (whose P/T is equal to X) and you can have Mind's Desire.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Hey folks what do we think about unbanning black lotus? It's basically just pure card disadvantage since you can't really do anything good with 3 of the same color of mana anyways. You are down 3 cards if your opponent forces a turn 1 JTMS aka pure card disadvantage. It seems close to unplayable, kind of like tinker.
    glad to see this thread finally turned serious.

upvote for reintroducing ante in legacy.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    glad to see this thread finally turned serious.

upvote for reintroducing ante in legacy.
    I would thoroughly enjoy a 4 Chaos Orb Legacy.
    Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Give me a Chalice of the Void creature (whose P/T is equal to X) and you can have Mind's Desire.
    We're pretty close with Sanctum Prelate right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    We're pretty close with Sanctum Prelate right?
    Nope... can't play Prelate off Ancient Tomb

oooooof....on the one hand, chalice is the worst thing about magic....on the other hand...Mind's Desire is awesome....

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    oooooof....on the one hand, chalice is the worst thing about magic....on the other hand...Mind's Desire is awesome....
    Does not compute. Chalice and Desire are probably my two favorite magic cards.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    How schizophrenic of you.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I want Frantic Search back. Let's make Solidarity a thing again.

Can you elaborate on why chalice is your favorite card? I can get behind desire but chalice baffles me. (Maybe link to stompy discord explains it all though?

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    Can you elaborate on why chalice is your favorite card? I can get behind desire but chalice baffles me.
    Maybe it's the sort of thing like perfume, where there has to be a disgusting, musky undertone to round out the fragrance.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    Maybe it's the sort of thing like perfume, where there has to be a disgusting, musky undertone to round out the fragrance.
    It's a fragrance called 'Opponent's Tears'.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Fuck yes. Played Stax tonight. Dam its so much fun.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    How schizophrenic of you.
    I mean, I started Legacy on system combo decks, the more complex the better. Played a ton of different Storm variants, and High Tide remains my favorite Legacy deck of all time. Nowadays I tend to play Tomb/City-based decks, whether they include Chalice or not (most do, but I love me some Painter).

Can you elaborate on why chalice is your favorite card? I can get behind desire but chalice baffles me. (Maybe link to stompy discord explains it all though?
    I like prison decks and have always preferred board control strategies to stack control strategies. Since MBC, Enchantress, and similar decks are unplayable in this format, I have gravitated towards Chalice decks and occasionally Lands in the last 4-5 years. Chalice is also the best hate card against cantrips, and I strongly dislike how the cantrip shell has come to dominate Legacy and caused the format to cease to resemble the one I enjoyed so much 7-8 years ago.

Also, expanding on my response to Secretly.A.Bee, I don't like fair blue decks. Blue for me was always an enabler for system combo. As those decks (particularly High Tide) got worse, and the agro strategies I also liked died out, prison decks became the go-to strategy that wasn't a fair blue deck. I like artifacts a lot as well considering I started playing right around OG Mirrodin. This has become way too random, and I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with other reasons so I'll stop now.

My favorite liquid upon which to quench my thirst while playing magic.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

I like prison decks and have always preferred board control strategies to stack control strategies. Since MBC, Enchantress, and similar decks are unplayable in this format, I have gravitated towards Chalice decks and occasionally Lands in the last 4-5 years. Chalice is also the best hate card against cantrips, and I strongly dislike how the cantrip shell has come to dominate Legacy and caused the format to cease to resemble the one I enjoyed so much 7-8 years ago.
    Thats not really an answer though. Ok, why do you like prison/board control strategies? (Even though I would like to know, which stack based control deck exists in legacy, miraclces plays as much elemonts of board control as it plays of stack control.) I for example like decision based interactive games (like most mtg players overall). Thats why I fail to understand how slamming a lock piece on t1 and then either winning when its good enough or loosing when its not is any fun, but I accept that it is for some people. Unfortunatly right now there seems to be less and less of that (at least on mtgo). Everybody is trying to throw their Chalice/Blood Moon/B2B/Choke-shit at each other... I am close to throwing 100$into arena to play standard cause it looks terrific atm.

Even though chalice is the best hate for cantrips it's just broken in a format which is first and foremost about tempo and thus forcing decks to focus on low cmc spells.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Thats not really an answer though. Ok, why do you like prison/board control strategies? (Even though I would like to know, which stack based control deck exists in legacy, miraclces plays as much elemonts of board control as it plays of stack control.) I for example like decision based interactive games (like most mtg players overall). Thats why I fail to understand how slamming a lock piece on t1 and then either winning when its good enough or loosing when its not is any fun, but I accept that it is for some people.
    For some people, including me, permanent-based control is just more attractive than stack-based control. You have your cards on the battlefield, you can use them, tap or activate, they have a continuous effect usually, you can block or attack if it's a creature... etc. Generally, you have "built" something, you have "more" from your cards over multiple turns, in contrary to a counter spell.

Second, the tears and moaning from your opponents :-)

And you still have decisions to make.

Even though chalice is the best hate for cantrips it's just broken in a format which is first and foremost about tempo and thus forcing decks to focus on low cmc spells.
    That's bullshit imo. It's like saying "Force of Will is broken in a format which is about fast combo decks and thus forcing them to include disruption".

Force of Will keeps combo decks in check. Chalice keeps cantrip/tempo decks in check.

Thread Information