View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1083 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 835839831033107310791080108110821083108410851086108710931133 ... LastLast
Results 21,641 to 21,660 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I feel like you need someone to cheer you on, what with your great posts recently.

Therefore, in response to LOLwut, I have found this for you:
    Fucking cringe, mate

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    Fucking cringe, mate
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Well in America it used to be synonymous with the "moral majority" but now adays I'd say it best describes non voters who are becoming more active. In part because aging millennials have has enough of the Boomer's shit.
    But this isn't the politics thread so I'll leave the lesson at that.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Well in America it used to be synonymous with the "moral majority" but now adays I'd say it best describes non voters who are becoming more active. In part because aging millennials have has enough of the Boomer's shit.
    But this isn't the politics thread so I'll leave the lesson at that.
    Well it's basically the politics thread of the Source, isn't it? That's one way to explain/understand the difficultiy in carrying out discussions and why many people seem so offended by the discussions here, they probably are by political discussions too [edit: well I'll have to include myself there too, I can get quite annoyed with some, as I perceive, narrow views sometimes, both in politics and hete] . I get curious about what you mean by boomer's shit but that I guess is not for this thread after all..

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    Well it's basically the politics thread of the Source, isn't it? That's one way to explain/understand the difficultiy in carrying out discussions and why many people seem so offended by the discussions here, they probably are by political discussions too [edit: well I'll have to include myself there too, I can get quite annoyed with some, as I perceive, narrow views sometimes, both in politics and hete] . I get curious about what you mean by boomer's shit but that I guess is not for this thread after all..
    It's centrism, op.

May 2015
    PDX

So when exactly is C19 going to be legal in paper (and Wrenn illegal )?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    So when exactly is C19 going to be legal in paper (and Wrenn illegal )?
    It was legal yesterday.
    Wren will be illegal hopefully a week after Monday. Or Monday itself when playing online

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

It was legal yesterday.
    Wren will be illegal hopefully a week after Monday. Or Monday itself when playing online
    On what planet is Wrenn worthy of a ban? To quote David Spade "hi, i'm earth, have we met?"

Is it powerful? Yes. Is it too powerful? Not by a long shot.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

On what planet is Wrenn worthy of a ban? To quote David Spade "hi, i'm earth, have we met?"

It's not blue, but very good. Must be OP, keep the status quo, ban it.

/s (?)
    Last edited by ahg113; 08-25-2019 at 05:39 PM.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    It's not blue, but very good. Must be OP, keep the status quo, ban it.

/s (?)
    Yeah, I would never ban this card.

Just for the sake of discussion, what does WOTC need to do to keep a good card from being co-opted by the blue shell? On the face of it, RG is a pretty unsplashable mana requirement, but Wrenn and Six most often appears in blue decks. I feel like WOTC made a reasonable effort to make this card good and also not just automatically slot into blue decks, yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post

Just for the sake of discussion, what does WOTC need to do to keep a good card from being co-opted by the blue shell? On the face of it, RG is a pretty unsplashable mana requirement, but Wrenn and Six most often appears in blue decks. I feel like WOTC made a reasonable effort to make this card good and also not just automatically slot into blue decks, yet here we are.
    The only way I see is to give card selection/ interaction of equivalent power to other colors, since that is the only powerful thing that blue wouldn't co-opt since they already have a plethora of options. Every other powerful printing will either be too expensive (and inefficient to play in non-specialized, non blue shells) or will be able to be splashed in a blue shell. It is an asymmetrical relationship between blue and other colors, where blue gets access to all the goodies that other colors have by virtue of its strengths, yet none of the other colors have access to the same level of goodies blue gets (stack interaction and card selection). Cards like stoneforge, wrenn, deathrite fit in and benefit non blue decks, but blue decks just utilize them better for the most part. People think cards like Griselbrand, Depths and whatnot are just stupid cards, but we are at a point where the only way other colors compete is by playing these 'stupid cards' since most of the time they simply cant compete in terms of stack interaction and card selection while having the same power level blue decks have access to. Cards like Veil of Summer are a step in the right direction I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post

Just for the sake of discussion, what does WOTC need to do to keep a good card from being co-opted by the blue shell? RG is a pretty unsplashable...
    Anything with low cc and strong synergy with fetchlands is liable to find its way into the xerox shell. People have been playing 3 and 4 color U-shell stuff forever, it's a little silly to expect an RG in the casting cost to be a big hurdle.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Article isn't available yet, but the link to it says "changes for Standard, Modern and Vintage."

No shocks there, likely all the predictable ones. Although I have no idea what would change is Standard, but I also don't really care.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Can you cast it off islands? No?
    Ban.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Article isn't available yet, but the link to it says "changes for Standard, Modern and Vintage."

No shocks there, likely all the predictable ones. Although I have no idea what would change is Standard, but I also don't really care.
    So Gaak axed, and Karn Karntrolled?

Big shakeups in Modern and Vintage and as usual radio silence with legacy. Vintage receives far more attention as a format which is honestly mind-boggling.

>War of the Spark, Modern Horizons, and Core Set 2020 have been among the most impactful sets for Vintage in years.

Could easily apply to Legacy as well but they seem to forget the format exists.

Guys, Modern is getting stone forge!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

So Gaak axed, and Karn Karntrolled?
    Way more than that.

"The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Anything with low cc and strong synergy with fetchlands is liable to find its way into the xerox shell. People have been playing 3 and 4 color U-shell stuff forever, it's a little silly to expect an RG in the casting cost to be a big hurdle.
    The fact that you can cast it off a Tropical Island and Volcanic Island, and aren't radically punished meant it has zero hope of avoiding the blue decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information