View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1103 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 10360310031053109310991100110111021103110411051106110711131153 ... LastLast
Results 22,041 to 22,060 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: All B/R update speculation.

@kombatkiwi yeah it's a pile of staples, but then again so was legacy's premier tier 2.5 deck Esper Mentor a few years back. More recently you had UWr Mentor which has pretty significant problems hanging with the tier 1-1.5 decks. I don't know that this is the style of deck you ever want to play vs DnT, Depths, or ANT [post-Veil]. Even Delver of any variety gets pretty scary if you're not using the last of your slots on 3-4 Strix/Coatl.

These are lists that look good, all staples and such, but they have a problem with assembling a gameplan which does something powerful enough to compete. They also usually end up pairing blue PWs with too little countermagic and/or too few wrath effects, which has a predictable end. This kind of thing really doesn't work without Hymn spam or hiding behind Counterbalance, and those 4 lost slots of Astrolabe add up pretty quick. It's too much air and not enough business when you don't have Oko to turn Astrolabes into hasty Rogue Elephants; you'd also have to lose cards from hand to deal with a Chalice again, b/c you don't get to ignore it for a few land drops until you randomly answer it with an on-board value engine.

On the BUG Delver stuff, I think it's pretty easy to understand the implications of making BUG Delver the only fair deck that doesn't get its Oko's nerfed if Astrolabe goes. No matter how you cut it, that's a huge boost for free.

If people are fine with a format where 4c good stuff is a thing, I don't think 5c good stuff isn't that much different, or even 5c with blood moon, it is basically what blue players want. People barely care about blood moon anyways anymore, even before astrolabe.

Oh god bug delver is going to destroy us all

if you want to live you best kill yourself now

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    No matter how you cut it, that's a huge boost for free.
    Which by itself doesn't mean shit. The deck has no reach, Daze prevents you from casting Oko on curve, no Astrolabes to elk, no Pyromancer to go wide, Abrupt Decay is dead about one third of the time, can't beat a resolved Blood Moon, literally cannot do anything to a Mirran Crusader except bounce it with a 1-of Borrower.

When pyroblast effect start to be play on main deck , mean that meta is not healthy.
    In my opinion all 3 cards (veil of summer, astrolabe , oko), need to be ban for the reason already explain before.
    If I should save one I would save astrolabe, but the risk is to stay anyway with 4 or 5 color decks if not now, in the next future (when another good card will be print).
    Oko without astrolabe is anyway too strong, and veil of summer is an annoying unfair card.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi85 View Post
    When pyroblast effect start to be play on main deck , mean that meta is not healthy.
    IDK about that. Pyroblast shows up in maindecks every few years, given the prevalence of the color blue this shouldn't be concerning or surprising at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    IDK about that. Pyroblast shows up in maindecks every few years, given the prevalence of the color blue this shouldn't be concerning or surprising at all.
    It shows up in Painter all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    Blue deck prevalence period I remember treasure cruise, balance/top, dig through time and now oko, all cards that was/are difficult to interact in main deck, and once resolved you are ahead. Now we are arrived to a point that almost all miracle play pyroblast and veil of summer too on main deck (this can be caused also from astrolabe, that give easily access to all colors).

Insider information incoming:

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Fucking wizards...make an op card then ban it in 2 cycles when the new set comes out

Aug 2015
    The woods again

You can't even spell "tomorrow." Fuck off with your fake shit.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    I didn't write it, bud.

DJN087 you have lied to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    I could have swore we have had "leaks" on MTGO that have been fake before. I'm skeptical.

EDIT: Posted yesterday. Obv fake then.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    I could have swore we have had "leaks" on MTGO that have been fake before. I'm skeptical.

EDIT: Posted yesterday. Obv fake then.
    Half right.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

No changes for Legacy, but Modern has Oko, Lattice and Opal banned now.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-13-2020-banned-and-restricted-announcement?etyuj
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-13-2020-banned-and-restricted-announcement?etyuj
    Where is not specified the format, is “no change”? Because I remember that usually, they specify the “no change“ on all other formats not involved in the article.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Oh good. I wanted to buy some Opals

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi85 View Post
    Where is not specified the format, is “no change”? Because I remember that usually, they specify the “no change“ on all other formats not involved in the article.
    I think they dispensed with that idea when they dispensed the idea of "scheduled" updates.

Now, things will be addressed as, and when, it is deemed "necessary."
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I think they dispensed with that idea when they dispensed the idea of "scheduled" updates.

Now, things will be addressed as, and when, it is deemed "necessary."
    That's the price to pay for supporting two online systems and a relentless schedule of releases, things need to happen there and then.

At leats the young kids are getting what they want, constant novelty so that they don't wear out their reduced attention span.

Thread Information