View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 891 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 391791841881887888889890891892893894895901941991 ... LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,820 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Yea, the news is that Eternal Weekend is happening this weekend. So no changes.
    Yeah, I am pretty sure they already said that last announcement...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I think bargain will be the next card unbanned in legacy once they realize most of the time Griselchimp is just better outside of maybe a bargain storm deck
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty sure they already said that last announcement...
    They only referred to Vintage, but I guess the same is true for Legacy. So no changes.

We’re aware of the proximity of the next B&R window to Eternal Weekend, which is why we’ve chosen to make necessary Vintage changes in this window. We don’t currently anticipate more changes to Vintage with the next B&R window, but in the event that they are needed we’ll have a solution for communicating changes in a way that respects the preparation of Eternal Weekend players.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    The only referred to Vintage, but I guess the same is true for Legacy. So no changes.

We’re aware of the proximity of the next B&R window to Eternal Weekend, which is why we’ve chosen to make necessary Vintage changes in this window. We don’t currently anticipate more changes to Vintage with the next B&R window, but in the event that they are needed we’ll have a solution for communicating changes in a way that respects the preparation of Eternal Weekend players.
    Eh, I'm old, so I forgot it was specially directed toward Vintage. I'd think the same idea applies to Legacy though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

"Everything is better topless"

not a word about legacy........ a little sad.

Earthcraft, Mind Twist, and Goblin Recruiter remain the safest unbans of any format. I just guess they don't have enough fans to generate the attention they would need.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I think bargain will be the next card unbanned in legacy once they realize most of the time Griselchimp is just better outside of maybe a bargain storm deck
    I thought this was crazy initially, but after thinking about it, I think it could be testable...though it's most comparable to Ad Nauseam in storm, and honestly I think you would win the game near every time if it resolved, where Ad Nauseam has a much more steep cost; it's also a lot harder to play Ad Naus when you don't already have some mana sources available since you can get unlucky with it, where with Bargain you can likely just get to 6 mana, drop it, and draw into Petals/Rituals more reliably since you can draw way more cards. It might still be too good, but this is just theory, of course.

Though I also agree that the only place for Bargain would really be storm, considering Grizzy is stupid good not only for drawing cards but also as a wincon and gaining that life back.

May 2015
    PDX

I have no interest in a format where NicFit is ramping into Bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by niv View Post
    I thought this was crazy initially, but after thinking about it, I think it could be testable...though it's most comparable to Ad Nauseam in storm, and honestly I think you would win the game near every time if it resolved, where Ad Nauseam has a much more steep cost; it's also a lot harder to play Ad Naus when you don't already have some mana sources available since you can get unlucky with it, where with Bargain you can likely just get to 6 mana, drop it, and draw into Petals/Rituals more reliably since you can draw way more cards. It might still be too good, but this is just theory, of course.

Though I also agree that the only place for Bargain would really be storm, considering Grizzy is stupid good not only for drawing cards but also as a wincon and gaining that life back.
    Ad Nauseum with correct deck construction will draw more cards than bargain on average. The Average CMC of TES is less than 1 so you are netting more cards:life ratio. Whereas Bargain you are paying 1 life for those extra lands/petal/led.

I think Bargain would slot into the ANT shell displacing Ad Nauseum due to the higher CMC average. But in the TES shell Ad Nauseum is much stronger than bargain.

EDIT: Another point is that Ad Nauseum skirts Leovold effects, whereas bargain is soft.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Tittliewinks22 View Post
    Ad Nauseum with correct deck construction will draw more cards than bargain on average. The Average CMC of TES is less than 1 so you are netting more cards:life ratio. Whereas Bargain you are paying 1 life for those extra lands/petal/led.

I think Bargain would slot into the ANT shell displacing Ad Nauseum due to the higher CMC average. But in the TES shell Ad Nauseum is much stronger than bargain.

EDIT: Another point is that Ad Nauseum skirts Leovold effects, whereas bargain is soft.
    Also Ad Naus being instant allows you to bait eot or eot resolve it and then immediately unta p. Now don't get me wrong, I think bargain would be good in the format. Also getting to run 4 bargain in storm makes it super threat heavy and even let's you run force of will. I just don't think it would actually be format breaking.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    not a word about legacy........ a little sad.
    I still like that they acknowledged that they made mistakes in bannings in the runup to PT and EW. Because that makes sense.

So long as nothing gets banned on Wednesday again. :D

They mentioned they're looking at unbanning something from Modern. Any guesses on what? It looks like it'll happen in February, so we've got a little bit of time.

Looking at the list, Green Sun's Zenith and Jace, the Mind Sculptor look like the most likely options. Mayyyybe Stoneforge Mystic or Birthing Pod?

My reasoning on GSZ and Pod is that with CoCo and Chord competing with them they aren't as great as they used to be. For Jace and SfM it's that the format wouldn't be that phased by a Caw-Blade style deck at this point, and there are actually quite a few answers to planeswalkers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Also Ad Naus being instant allows you to bait eot or eot resolve it and then immediately unta p. Now don't get me wrong, I think bargain would be good in the format. Also getting to run 4 bargain in storm makes it super threat heavy and even let's you run force of will. I just don't think it would actually be format breaking.
    I like your idea, given that there is grizeldaddy in the format and seems much much more powerfull...

What do you think about frantic search and miatycal tutor if thwy come off the list?

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    They mentioned they're looking at unbanning something from Modern. Any guesses on what? It looks like it'll happen in February, so we've got a little bit of time.

Looking at the list, Green Sun's Zenith and Jace, the Mind Sculptor look like the most likely options. Mayyyybe Stoneforge Mystic or Birthing Pod?

My reasoning on GSZ and Pod is that with CoCo and Chord competing with them they aren't as great as they used to be. For Jace and SfM it's that the format wouldn't be that phased by a Caw-Blade style deck at this point, and there are actually quite a few answers to planeswalkers now.

Playing modern the only card that seems safe to me is SfM. I always forget about it but Blood Braid Elf as well. There's a possibility Jace might be, but I'm not brave enough to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    Playing modern the only card that seems safe to me is SfM. I always forget about it but Blood Braid Elf as well. There's a possibility Jace might be, but I'm not brave enough to say so.
    I don't see BBE making it off the list, it's a huge power boost to Jund, which is already a Tier 1 deck.

@ Modern, it will be Bloodbraid elf, I don't see them having enough balls to do anything else.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I don't see BBE making it off the list, it's a huge power boost to Jund, which is already a Tier 1 deck.
    Traditional Jund is definitely *not* a tier 1 strategy anymore. Death's Shadow is the only jund-colored deck that matters and it plays much lower to the ground than traditional Jund. BBE might change that, and put it back into contention, but ATM jund isn't even on most Modern players radar screen. Plus, Grixis Death's Shadow is a better deck than Jund Death's Shadow. Not saying people don't play jund, but it sure as hell isn't tier 1. I personally would love BBE back in the format, it would allow for some great mid-range agro options that could pressure the current format.
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17018&f=MO

Stoneforge Mystic most likely won't get unbanned, not with Batterskull in the format. All of the Swords are absurdly powerful with Mystic, so even the lack of Jitte barely contains Mystic, ie makes it safe to unban. I don't like it for the format, honestly. I could be used in Thopter/Sword, which could put that deck on the map in a big way. Maybe it does nothing, but I think it's too good IMHO.

Jace on the other hand seems to be marginally ok. So many decks in Modern are based on a critical mass of cards that the broad power approach of Jace seems like it might be ok. He could also put UWx midrange/control variants straight into tier 1, but I would like to see it.

For legacy I want to live the dream with Mind Twist. See what I did there?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Problem4tic View Post
    I like your idea, given that there is grizeldaddy in the format and seems much much more powerfull...

What do you think about frantic search and miatycal tutor if thwy come off the list?
    Frantic Search is a good card, but I don't think it would change much. It's not even good in Reanimator, and in High Tide it wouldn't matter because high tide would still be shit. Mystical I'm fine with being banned. But that's to me mostly because I feel like show and tell would just adopt it and I hate show and tell.

Jund hasn't been Tier 1 in Modern for quite some time. Heck, the deck is barely Tier 2 at this point.

Thread Information