View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1027 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 275279279771017102310241025102610271028102910301031103710771127 ... LastLast
Results 20,521 to 20,540 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Goblin, Foodchain, stack of red cards and the need to get it right and hope someone does not force something important.

Eldrazi, Griffin, Foodchain, Force of Will, Brainstorm, Manipulate Fate, Baleful Strix and Walking Ballista.

Someone please help, I can not work out which of these is the more threatening pile.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Look, I love Goblins and all but Goblin Recruiter is pretty tame compared to a lot of the stuff in the format already, whether it's FCG or just regular Vial Goblins. Comparing it to Tinker, one of the most broken cards ever printed, is absurd. Is this a troll?
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

yeah tinker is safe recruiter isn't

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    Is this a troll?
    Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    We have our answer. Ok all, don't feed this moron.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

OhOh The Source. You never seem to let me down when it comes to insanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

This shit again.

I'll just cut to the chase and save us all the time: Balance is obviously a fine card, even as a 4-of. The card is even named Balance, so what could be more balanced than that?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Couple things. Whoever thinks Tinker should be unbanned had better have a brain tumor or be completely new to older Magic formats. It's a one card combo. It can adapt to any changes in the metagame cause there are enough busted artifacts to get that'll answer anything. It also won't ever get unbanned anyway so why even bring it up?

Goblin Recruiter and Earthcraft are banned for different reasons than Tinker. It doesn't make much sense to compare them besides the fact they're all on the same banned list. Tinker is banned for power level reasons. Goblin Recruiter is banned for logistical reasons. It's probably the least powerful card on the list, but it takes FOREVER to resolve. And don't come at me with the excuse that people should only play it if they're good. That's not how signing up for a Magic tournament works. Bad players play at every Grand Prix. At least if a bad player plays ANT they'll fuck up their cantrips or miscount their mana and die. You go up against a bad Goblins player at any Comp. Rel. tournament (i.e. most Goblins players), prepare to be sitting there for five minutes for this one trigger to resolve. On top of this, if Sensei's Divining Top is banned, Goblin Recruiter certainly won't be unbanned. Despite not being that good, Goblin Recruiter does allow you to stack your entire deck which is a far more broken affect than what Top did.

Earthcraft is just banned cause it's on the Reserved List. There's literally no other reason for it to stay on the list. Elves doesn't even need it anymore. It should come off and I think Legacy would improve cause Enchantress would be another viable(ish) option. But, WotC doesn't want to remind people of the RL so it'll just stay there.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by NeckBird View Post
    a bad Goblins player at any Comp. Rel. tournament (i.e. most Goblins players), prepare to be sitting there for five minutes for this one trigger to resolve.
    You'd think there would be some kind of rule to punish players guilty of this...

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Is there anyway to put a dunce cap over someone's username? I think that would actually be a qol improvement for the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Can we just unban workshops already? Artifacts suck in this format anyways.
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

This shit again.

I'll just cut to the chase and save us all the time: Balance is obviously a fine card, even as a 4-of. The card is even named Balance, so what could be more balanced than that?
    Word, the fun police is just trying to take our fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Couple things. Whoever thinks Tinker should be unbanned had better have a brain tumor or be completely new to older Magic formats. It's a one card combo. It can adapt to any changes in the metagame cause there are enough busted artifacts to get that'll answer anything. It also won't ever get unbanned anyway so why even bring it up?
    Can you tell me which artifact is not answered by sword/council/command/disenchant etc... ? There are two memory jar which is banned and sundering titan. If you except sundering titan tinker is fine. card disadvantage it is true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    You'd think there would be some kind of rule to punish players guilty of this...

Yes, there are slow play rules. And yet Top, Frantic Search, and Goblin Recruiter are all banned. Wizards isn't unbanning Recruiter as it's more egregious than the other two. Now, if we could implement a chess clock at paper tournaments then I'm all for an unban.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Can you tell me which artifact is not answered by sword/council/command/disenchant etc... ? There are two memory jar which is banned and sundering titan. If you except sundering titan tinker is fine. card disadvantage it is true story.

Okay, I think I'm done. All out of Shaun Murphy gifs...

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Tinker is a good card because you can tinker for bofa.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Not even needed since there are only a handful of people that would bother playing the deck. :P It would make me ecstatic though and I'd bust out my Taigas so fast.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    the fact that it demands you shuffle your deck a hundred times to resolve it means that it's literally too slow.
    Shuffling once, then revealing all the cards is a legal shortcut -- assuming nothing has intervened in between resolutions that would change the state of your deck.

There's good reasons Mind's Desire is banned, but the shuffling time isn't them.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

There isn't a permanent in the game that isn't answered by these cards, yet, there are permanents on the banned list. In your line of though then, all permanents should be taken off the list, yes?

By the same token, all spells on the Banned list can be answered by Force of Will/Counterspell. Consequently, all spells should be taken off the Banned list.

Also, Stifle cleanly answers Goblin Recruiter, therefor Recruiter is necessarily fine to unban. (And also Storm, so get Mind's Desire in there.)

See guys, format management is easy.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

There isn't a permanent in the game that isn't answered by these cards, yet, there are permanents on the banned list. In your line of though then, all permanents should be taken off the list, yes?

By the same token, all spells on the Banned list can be answered by Force of Will/Counterspell. Consequently, all spells should be taken off the Banned list.

Also, Stifle cleanly answers Goblin Recruiter, therefor Recruiter is necessarily fine to unban. (And also Storm, so get Mind's Desire in there.)
    I am on the contrary for the ban of goblin recruiter, but tinker is safe because it is card disadvantage, most decks have answered to the creature/artifact you go for cause it doesn't produce an immediate impact in term of CA.

I didn't say that evry card that can be answered shldn't be banned, most cards which are banned are because they are must answered or win on the spot, produce huge CA (here recruiter) or too much redundance (one cc tutors).

Survival is banned because if t it resolves it wins with huge CA, hermit druid is banned because it wins on the spot, tutors are banned because for their cc they produce too much redudancy. Treasure cruise and DTT are banned because of the CA.

Tinker is fine cause you just search for an artifact that can be easily answered. In this term show and tell which wins on the spot is more problematic to me and so more banworthy. In vintage by example jeskai mentor doesn't play tinker while still playing lot of artifacts.

As for myself I think mind's desire is safe cause 6 mana is a lot and you need storm already to 6-7 to win and it is a really gamble you can storm 6-7 mind's desire and still lose, most storm decks will not switch to mind's desire, current decklist are better.

Thread Information