View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1149 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1496491049109911391145114611471148114911501151115211531159 ... LastLast
Results 22,961 to 22,980 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Yes, I always thought strategic diversity is a poor man's diversity, you illustrate it well.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

My predictions:

Legacy - Oko banned, due to format homogenization

Legacy will be discussed with a 'watchlist', probably emphasizing Arcum's Astrolabe and Uro.

All formats - cascade mechanic 'fixed'
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

So they axed Oko, Astrolabe and DHA. Too bad Uro stayed in (and also Delver but what was I thinking), but maybe the format is playable again

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

New bans

Apparently people have found a workaround to access the article. Looks like Oko, DHA and Astrolabe are gone and Cascade gets a rule change. If that's the case, that's a pretty satisfying ban round. We'll definitely see more Uro bullshit due to this in the future, but oh well.

http://https://magic.wizards.com/en/...t?x=iazoidrnet

They actually fucking did it. Oko, DHA, cascade, and even labe.

If they fucked this up I was quitting for good. I might actually buy a paper deck now. Anyone got cheap cities?

I think uro will remain very strong (see stryfo pile) but I don’t think it will be bannable.

If you either have to give up pyroblast or wasteland immunity to play it then I think it’s cost comes at a sufficient downside.

My guess at top decks is Bant snow without red, Grixis Delver and doomsday for top dogs. Naya lands (Pfire back baby), and chalice decks seem quite strengthened. D&t and Mavericks blue matchups become really good but current combo mus (doomsday/omni/oops) seem real bad still.

Delver will still run outs to chalice (borrower/kcommand) but that makes them weaker vs combo, fair non-blue and control than oko.

My guess is that the new meta is probably going to coalesce into Delver on the aggressive side and Uro on the control side. Narset and Teferi are also going to see a resurgence when everyone realizes they're dumb cmc3 planeswalkers as well

Sep 2011

They actually banned Snowko, UGH Delver, and Turbo Tibalt all at once. What will people even play in tournaments? Fair decks? Doomsday?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    They actually banned Snowko, UGH Delver, and Turbo Tibalt all at once. What will people even play in tournaments? Fair decks? Doomsday?
    Delver never gets banned until they dismantle the core, aka banning Delver and some of the cantrip base (not going to happen). Just wait for the next card that slots into UX Delver for the whole bullshit to repeat again.

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

I gotta think True-Name is going to be a big winner. Hard to picture what the metagame is going to look like tho, a lot of fringe strategies have gotten a lot more powerful over the years but were being held down by Oko and the like... Ruby Storm, Merfolk w/ Paradigm Shift, Curses and other some such. Probably a more combo intensive format.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Must say I love this ban, all of it, exactly what I wished for. Thanks Wizards! Good to see they listen to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Delver never gets banned until they dismantle the core, aka banning Delver and some of the cantrip base (not going to happen). Just wait for the next card that slots into UX Delver for the whole bullshit to repeat again.
    They could ban Delver and TNN. Force blue to splash to get good creatures. It stays the best color (because of cantrips and the monopoly on countermagic) but it doesn't eat up the whole color pie, so that's fair in a way. The issue is that people really like their delvers so the tactic of 'bitching until wotc relents' won't work no matter how ridiculous the card is.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by chunderbucket View Post
    They could ban Delver and TNN. Force blue to splash to get good creatures. It stays the best color (because of cantrips and the monopoly on countermagic) but it doesn't eat up the whole color pie, so that's fair in a way. The issue is that people really like their delvers so the tactic of 'bitching until wotc relents' won't work no matter how ridiculous the card is.
    Yes, when blue decks splashed for DRS everyone was happy.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    They didn't ban RUG Delver or UR Delver or RUB Delver.

They banned UGH Delver = Delver overpowered with Oko and DHA. Now it's just regular RUG Delver again, which was a 50/50 deck but not overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Yes, when blue decks splashed for DRS everyone was happy.
    But legacy was a thing before DRS and it isn't in the format anymore? What's your point?

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by chunderbucket View Post
    But legacy was a thing before DRS and it isn't in the format anymore? What's your point?
    So you just want to play pre-Innistrad, just do that then.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    They didn't ban RUG Delver or UR Delver or RUB Delver.

They banned UGH Delver = Delver overpowered with Oko and DHA. Now it's just regular RUG Delver again, which was a 50/50 deck but not overpowered.
    You're missing my point. Some Delver variant WILL be overpowered again in the future due a new card that tips the scale. They're merely treating the symptoms with each ban, not the cause. Similiar how they restrict pretty much everything in Vintage Workshop because they don't want to ban the root of the problem, Workshop.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Can they just . . . NOT ban three cards at a time and go back to the old mulligan rule? That would fix a lot of things.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

This was a good set of decisions, if only to promote an intense shakeup that will make diversity increase. I think a card that gets a fairly big boost is Stoneforge Mystic. With DHA being the premier 2-drop threat Stoneforge was really squashed out of the format. I think we'll see more Batterskulls in the near future. Narset and Teferi will see more play, I'm not sure about big daddy Jace.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Sep 2011

I think Wizards has long given up on whether some Xerox variant will be overpowered again. This is the format for players who want to play Xerox, so it can be safely cut out of all the other formats. Banning the new offenders is easier to justify on the secondary market because those cards get banned from Modern and Pioneer too, so they're expected to tank in price as part of Wizards new business model.

Snow-Covered Forest should see about 90% less play, which is good, because I am sick of seeing that card.

Veil of Summer numbers should go down (blue decks have REB and Mystical and Fluster without splashing), at least until players remember that Hymn to Tourach is a magic card.

Thread Information