View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 108 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 858981041051061071081091101111121181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

At a local Legacy tournament someone told me that Wizards apparently said on Twitter that they were considering an emergency ban on one of the miracle cards (they said Wizards didn't specify which one). But dailymtg (that's the main Twitter account for Magic, right?) doesn't seem to have such a tweet. Did Wizards or a member of R&D say that somewhere else or was the claim that it was said incorrect? Can anyone confirm this?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    At a local Legacy tournament someone told me that Wizards apparently said on Twitter that they were considering an emergency ban on one of the miracle cards (they said Wizards didn't specify which one). But dailymtg (that's the main Twitter account for Magic, right?) doesn't seem to have such a tweet. Did Wizards or a member of R&D say that somewhere else or was the claim that it was said incorrect? Can anyone confirm this?
    There won't be an emergency ban. People who have not tested the miracle cards just piss their pants and heared the story about memory jar ... rest is the result of internet-rumor in which a "if it's too strong they may Ban it like Jar" becomes "they'll Ban it like Jar".
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    It wasn't on Twitter AFAIK. One of the guys at the WotC booth at PAX East said the red Miracle card would likely be banned in Legacy before it got out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    It wasn't on Twitter AFAIK. One of the guys at the WotC booth at PAX East said the red Miracle card would likely be banned in Legacy before it got out of hand.
    But I want to reforge some souls :(

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Actually, he didn't say it was the red miracle. He said it was a nonblue miracle. There are a lot of reasons to believe it was reforge the souls, but he didn't specifically stated so.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

Sep 2010
    MNL

If it's non-blue, it'd have to be either Reforge the Soul or Terminus.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    If it's non-blue, it'd have to be either Reforge the Soul or Terminus.
    Yep. I guess it's Reforge the Soul, given Smart Burns recent success.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

That's really unfortunate if it's Reforge the Soul because I can't wait for it in my MUD build.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

I'm convinced it's Reforge the Souls. Why do they tease us so.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    You have 7 win conditions... 7. I can probably beat you to death with the token you're giving me from Beast Within before you stick a win-con.

May 2011
    Louisiana

I don't think it is reforge the soul. It is kind of tough to abuse in combo decks and most other decks can't or don't want to use this card. Not saying it is bad, but don't think the card is going to be widespread or broken enough to warrant a ban.

I think it is Terminus. Invalidating creatures swarms doesn't seem to be a good thing for legacy. Brainstorm sure will help it but Sensei's top will push this card over the top. Hiding in the top three cards until you need it is huge for a control deck. Being able to cast it for one mana is huge. Control decks often lose to swarms before reaching that magical four mana. It is easier to not worry about wasteland or daze when your sweeper is one mana. This card is huge. Control has long been repressed in the format, but this card may have been too aggressively costed.

@anyone comparing wrath of god to Terminus: Terminus does not trigger Bridge from the Below, Ignores Vengvines, and has no disadvantage against Reanimator. Also, it could potentially be cast on your opponents turn to trump haste creatures.

Terminus does all these things for the same mana cost of Swords to Plowshares.

The fact that WotC wants to push creatures(in all formats) befuddles me as to why they printed this non sense of a card.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Terminus does seem totally insane. I expect it to wreak havoc on the format. Uw control will be nigh unbeatable unless Reforge the Soul breaks combo even more absurdly.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Reforge the Souls is absolutely insane in combo vs. Non-Blue decks, at the same time it gives blue decks even more chances to blow you out with FoW. For that reason I don't see it becoming a staple. Terminus is just stupid. I'm not going to say it's broken, it's just why the hell would they print that card?
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

I've played with Terminus and I say it's a fair card.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    I've played with Terminus and I say it's a fair card.
    Deck list please. I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    That's really funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Interestingly enough, I would argue that BS is the Dark Ritual in this case.
    Tom? Is that you? I thought you were going to go work on DnD?

2nd Best Explorer in Magic
    Jun 2008
    Madison, WI

Quote Originally Posted by CorpT View Post
    That's really funny.
    ...hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Voyeur View Post
    Fetches are boring. When someone suddenly gets money, they don't invest it in something practical; they spend it on something lavish like a prostitute/PEZ dispenser.
    A founding member of Team Bluff the Lotus - Bringing the crazy from Bob's Baseball Dugout

// Lands
    4 [OD] Island (4)
    2 [US] Plains (3)
    2 [B] Volcanic Island
    4 [ON] Flooded Strand
    3 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    4 [B] Tundra
    3 [REW] Wasteland
    1 [B] Plateau

// Creatures
    3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage

// Spells
    4 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 [IA] Brainstorm
    2 [AVR] Entreat the Angels
    4 [FNM] Swords to Plowshares
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    3 [DIS] Spell Snare
    3 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    3 [AVR] Terminus
    2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    3 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
    2 [IA] Counterspell

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [M12] Oblivion Ring
    SB: 1 [DS] Pulse of the Fields
    SB: 3 [B] Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 3 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
    SB: 3 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 [NPH] Surgical Extraction

This has been doing well so far, especially against G/W Maverick of course. U/W Control decks really profit from Avacyn Restored I guess. While you have a cheap sweeper now that isn't that vulnerable to Daze (compared to Wrath, Terminus is also fine against Delver and Thresh), Entreat the Angels solves the issue of the too ponderous Win Condition because it can turn the board situation significantally when you've reached a sufficient land count. I feel that we might want to choose an approach with Entreat the Angels as the main Win Condition because Planeswalkers have been doing bad lately, mainly because of all that Burn and flash creatures. Nevertheless, my concern is that the list above lacks a bit of card advantage. I used to run 3 Ancestral vision in place of 1 Pierce and 2 Counterspell but found that cutting CS isn't very helpful and snapcaster mage evolves its full potential with these 1 mana counters. Also Ancestral Vision isn't that impressive neither except you run Time Walk in conjunction but Time Walk seems to be rather bad because we simply can't capitalize on the additional attack phase.

Quote Originally Posted by CorpT View Post
    That's really funny.
    If you guys can do it, why can't I?

I actually posted a deck list even though I never claimed to have played with the card. But nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    This has been doing well so far, especially against G/W Maverick of course. U/W Control decks really profit from Avacyn Restored I guess. While you have a cheap sweeper now that isn't that vulnerable to Daze (compared to Wrath, Terminus is also fine against Delver and Thresh), Entreat the Angels solves the issue of the too ponderous Win Condition because it can turn the board situation significantally when you've reached a sufficient land count. I feel that we might want to choose an approach with Entreat the Angels as the main Win Condition because Planeswalkers have been doing bad lately, mainly because of all that Burn and flash creatures. Nevertheless, my concern is that the list above lacks a bit of card advantage. I used to run 3 Ancestral vision in place of 1 Pierce and 2 Counterspell but found that cutting CS isn't very helpful and snapcaster mage evolves its full potential with these 1 mana counters. Also Ancestral Vision isn't that impressive neither except you run Time Walk in conjunction but Time Walk seems to be rather bad because we simply can't capitalize on the additional attack phase.
    Alright... you didn't really convince me that it was unfair. Mostly what I see is that it's a "good card". Why do you feel that Terminus is not unfair? I could at least understand the argument for the Time Walk not being that great in a control shell because we can't abuse it as well as say, a combo deck. Something like Sneak&Show would rather have the exra turn as opposed to UW Landstill. I'm not seeing it for Terminus since:

A- Casting it for W isn't hard.

B- "Kills" many things that swords can't for the same amount of mana.

C- Can be done on your opponents turn ala top.

Thread Information