View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 549 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 494494995395455465475485495505515525535595996491049 ... LastLast
Results 10,961 to 10,980 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by testing32 View Post
    Latest SCG top 8: 5 Jace control decks, 1 show and tell and 2 prison decks.

Edit: top 16: 8 Jace control decks, 1 show and tell, 2 tempo and 5 prison decks.
    To broaden that summary somewhat, the top 16 was
    1. Grixis Control
    2. Miracles
    3. Miracles
    4. Miracles
    5. Omni-Tell
    6. Death and Taxes
    7. Jeskai Stoneblade
    8. Metalworker
    9. Miracles
    10. Lands
    11. Tezzerator
    12. Grixis Control
    13. BUG Delver
    14. Miracles
    15. Metalworker
    16. Merfolk
    Five Miracles in the top 16 with three in the top 4 is a bit much, but otherwise the top 16 was quite diverse with 10 different archetypes.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

You linked to the wrong Lands thread. All the same though, good to see we live on. The lack of Choke in the side does surprise me though. With the Meta how it is that is I feel one of the strongest options for the side.

Two MUD? Chalice is really becoming a thing. That does say something. Do not know how long this Meta can hold if MUD is cut loss on it. I think we will see a shift soon.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Chalice of the Void is a broken card, totallly asymmetric in MUD's favor.

The rest of the top16 show a various meta, with 10 different archetypes.

Very good imho.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post

Very good imho.
    hope you're trolling. COTV is a very balanced card. It forces a higher curve in exchange for low curve protection...these tradeoffs make magic the game that it is.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Lightning Bolt is a broken card, totally asymmetric in UWR's favor.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by testing32 View Post
    Latest SCG top 8: 5 Jace control decks, 1 show and tell and 2 prison decks.

Edit: top 16: 8 Jace control decks, 1 show and tell, 2 tempo and 5 prison decks.

Very good imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Mar 2014

Quote Originally Posted by now View Post

10 different archetypes.

Brainstorm is at 24/32. All must be well again...

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

God I'm happy to see Tezz in the top 16. Deck is just super underplayed and is far and away the best Chalice deck.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    God I'm happy to see Tezz in the top 16. Deck is just super underplayed and is far and away the best Chalice deck.
    One of the few blue based list NOT running Brainstorm ^_^
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    One of the few blue based list NOT running Brainstorm ^_^
    With the only other blue Legacy deck not running Brainstorm also represented in the same tournament.

I'm loving this metagame. I'm just hoping Wizards doesn't hop on the "ban Dig Through Time" wagon. I know it's completely personal preference, but I prefer to play in a meta where the most popular decks are casting Digs rather than cascading into recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrunkenphat7 View Post
    I'm loving this metagame. I'm just hoping Wizards doesn't hop on the "ban Dig Through Time" wagon. I know it's completely personal preference, but I prefer to play in a meta where the most popular decks are casting Digs rather than cascading into recalls.
    I'm hoping they finally go with the long over-due banning of Brainstorm and leave everything else as it is for the moment. DTT and Ancestral Vision both get worse without Brainstorm providing consistency and I'd like to see a meta in which people tried to play 4 DTT without Brainstorm in the mix. It's not at all clear that any of the blue draw/selection would be over-powered in the absence of Brainstorm. Ponder would come closest but I'd like to see the meta with just Brainstorm banned for at least a cycle.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Chalice decks can be pretty clunky so Im glad to see the variance gods shined in their favour ;)

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Chalice decks can be pretty clunky so Im glad to see the variance gods shined in their favour ;)
    That's only if you're running something dumb like MUD or Moggcatcher. I agree with btm that Tezzerator is a grossly underplayed deck, and a lot of that is because it does run Chalice and other sweet tech at the expense of very little variance.

Mar 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Patrunkenphat7 View Post
    Quote, I love all this metagame.
    Imho is various and balanced.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    That's only if you're running something dumb like MUD or Moggcatcher. I agree with btm that Tezzerator is a grossly underplayed deck, and a lot of that is because it does run Chalice and other sweet tech at the expense of very little variance.
    MUD is brutally powerful, as 2 copies in the top 16 indicates. It also suffers from less consistency issues than most other Chalice-based decks considering there is no need for colored mana and the deck also has a considerable amount of redundancy in addition to its raw power. The fact that it absolutely crushes Miracles preboard helps its case as well. I would never play Moggcatcher in a serious tournament though - Imperial Painter is much stronger if you have a liking for the Blood Moon.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    MUD is brutally powerful, as 2 copies in the top 16 indicates. It also suffers from less consistency issues than most other Chalice-based decks considering there is no need for colored mana and the deck also has a considerable amount of redundancy in addition to its raw power. The fact that it absolutely crushes Miracles preboard helps its case as well. I would never play Moggcatcher in a serious tournament though - Imperial Painter is much stronger if you have a liking for the Blood Moon.
    Tezz's Miracles matchup is also favorable, but it has lots of ways to smooth its draws that MUD doesn't, and loses to itself less as a result. It also overcomes the need for colored mana with (in Wisniewski's list) 6 colored mana rocks. MUD is a fine deck, but the standard deviation on MUD's draws is so large that taking it to a large event is unappealing for a lot of people. Sure, the top 20% of its draws crush anything not packing specific hate, but the middle 50% are even against the field (and highly contingent on opposing draws as a result) on top of being highly sensitive to discard and Wasteland, and the balance of its draws are unspeakable atrocities.

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    Tezz's Miracles matchup is also favorable, but it has lots of ways to smooth its draws that MUD doesn't, and loses to itself less as a result. It also overcomes the need for colored mana with (in Wisniewski's list) 6 colored mana rocks. MUD is a fine deck, but the standard deviation on MUD's draws is so large that taking it to a large event is unappealing for a lot of people. Sure, the top 20% of its draws crush anything not packing specific hate, but the middle 50% are even against the field (and highly contingent on opposing draws as a result) on top of being highly sensitive to discard and Wasteland, and the balance of its draws are unspeakable atrocities.
    I'm a bit biased (obviously) but I really do like where my maindeck is right now in terms of variance reduction. The percentage of the deck dedicated to producing colored mana is identical to that of the traditional UB list, but I feel like the addition of Mox Diamond and the third color as a result of that helps the deck's consistency more than it hurts it.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Played three miracles decks in three rounds tonight. I went 2-0-1, but with adequate practice and refining I think that deck is on its way to the banhammer. Just hope they don't take Top or DTT.

Thread Information