View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 563 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 634635135535595605615625635645655665675736136631063 ... LastLast
Results 11,241 to 11,260 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

How do people here feel about Brainstorm in general? I for one think it needs to be banned. Then again, not banning it might also be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky-Dinkins View Post
    How do people here feel about Brainstorm in general? I for one think it needs to be banned. Then again, not banning it might also be fine.
    ^^ Troll level: Stinky-Dinky

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    You make it sound like that would be a bad thing, considering Terminus and S&T are two of the main oppressive forces in the format stifling innovation.
    Could you choose a seat at a given time? You vote for a guaranteed reduction of playable archetypes on your crusade for potentially more diversity (reads: non-blue decks) at the same time. This is only a topic of color and a badly disguised one also. We can see how that logic ended up by looking at Vintage or Modern.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

You make it sound like that would be a bad thing, considering Terminus and S&T are two of the main oppressive forces in the format stifling innovation.
    What does terminus keep out of the format that can't also be explained by Batterskull?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    What does terminus keep out of the format that can't also be explained by Batterskull?
    The difference is that Batterskull can be "stopped" at least ealry on by bolting or Swordsing the Stoneforge Mystic. Don't get wrong, I've played Zoo and BSkull can be tough as hell to beat at times, but it's a lot easier to deal with than Terminus simply because things like Pridemage and such exist as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    The difference is that Batterskull can be "stopped" at least ealry on by bolting or Swordsing the Stoneforge Mystic. Don't get wrong, I've played Zoo and BSkull can be tough as hell to beat at times, but it's a lot easier to deal with than Terminus simply because things like Pridemage and such exist as well.
    Speaking as someone who plays an aggro deck in Legacy... Batterskull can be easily managed by removal and/or simply playing bigger guys, sometimes with First Strike.

When an opponent wipes out your entire board with one white mana, at instant speed, there's very little you can do to get back in the game, short of drawing alot of cards and hoping he bricks on drawing Jace.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    Batterskull can be interacted with

a) removal for the SFM before it gets BS into play
    b) well-timed artifact removal.

Both which are available more easily in different colors than trying to deal with a Super-Wrath for potentially .

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    You vote for a guaranteed reduction of playable archetypes on your crusade for potentially more diversity (reads: non-blue decks) at the same time.
    By that logic, you couldn't ban any card ever. Just because a deck exists doesn't necessarily mean that it's an healthy influence on the format.

Mar 2013
    Bury, Manchester, England

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post

It's the single most opressive card in Legacy.
    Come off it Julian. You know you're a Miracles player at heart. The Counterbalance has shown you its love. Reciprocate.
    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    If you pay me or give me some benefits, I might consider writing reports.
    Can I pay you for not posting in this thread?
    The conspiracy goes deeper than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    That's.... that's not how deckbuilding works.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by YamiJoey View Post
    Come off it Julian. You know you're a Miracles player at heart. The Counterbalance has shown you its love. Reciprocate.
    I have dated the devil more than once...
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

That's what happens when people think in terms of decks and not cards. They get attached to a deck (probably because they've never built one). When you look at cards, and card power level it becomes much clearer what cards should be banned with respect to some of the road apples on the current banned list.

Not to mention S&T decks being the marquee, Tier One combo archetype of Legacy is awful. Paying hundreds or thousands of dollars into a format to face herp-derp A+B combo that wins off of a bunch of stupidly designed (and rather overpowered @ 2U) cards like Omniscience or Spaghetti Monster? That's not something most people are going to be interested in.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican Zombie Legend View Post
    Not to mention S&T decks being the marquee, Tier One combo archetype of Legacy is awful. Paying hundreds or thousands of dollars into a format to face herp-derp A+B combo that wins off of a bunch of stupidly designed (and rather overpowered @ 2U) cards like Omniscience or Spaghetti Monster? That's not something most people are going to be interested in.
    Given that OmniTell has some fundamental and obvious weaknesses rooting in its nature which needs to be exploited in order to beat the deck, the point is that if DTT + Omniscience + S&T + Emrakul becomes the supreme mechanism to win in Legacy, WotC WILL step in with the chopblock. As long as there's an open competition between Miracles, OmniTell, Storm, D&T, Elves and Blade, WotC rightfully sees to reason to intervene
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke is Good View Post
    It's availability would prevent it from being omnipresent in decks as well. Though...I'd have to buy another 3 seals.
    I mean, the only way the could possibly justify unbanning (and one of the big reasons I am a fan of it) is if there was a reprint coming down the pipe. Judge Promo, FTV: Tutors, something...
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Return aggro, unban skullclamp
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Young pyromancer #sic
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Because Elves needs another draw engine.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

It's not death rite shaman 5-8, but it's okay ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

As someone who played with Skullclamp in Standard (let alone the current Legacy card pool), No.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

At this point I'm all for any unbans that hurt the blue shell, no matter how absurd. Too bad Workshop is on the reserved list.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Unban necro

Cheers

Thread Information