View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 564 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 644645145545605615625635645655665675685746146641064 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

How about unbanning Oath of Druids? That's a green card, right? Fight blue with the power of green!

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    At this point I'm all for any unbans that hurt the blue shell, no matter how absurd. Too bad Workshop is on the reserved list.
    "Absurd unbannings are ok as long as it damages the blue shell" is an ok argument but "why don't you just play Modern" isn't? This thread makes my head spin some days. Legit question, if you would risk mutilating or damaging the format just so you won't have to live through the horror of your opponent resolving a cantrip, why not just play a format that doesn't have cantrips?

Oct 2012
    Italy

People don't play modern because you can't do broken things. People don't play modern because decks like burn or affinity are overpowered and most games against them are decided only by drawing your crippling sideboard card or not. People don't play modern because they don't want to see their deck destroyed by periodical bans. I don't hate modern, but these are some of the problems of the format.
    Unfortunately i'm starting to wonder whether legacy is really a better format and the answer right now is probably not because of wizards not caring at all about it. I still enjoy playing legacy more than anything else but A LOT less than years ago. I'm all in favor of any unbanning that could give a boost to non-blue decks, like survival or goblin recruiter.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Hear hear! If I recall correctly some people, including me, have been advocating this for a long time. Unban, evaluate and then ban again if neccesary.

Not to be an ass, but this thread is really going in circles, so on topic: what can we expect to be unbanned at the next announcement, if anything at all? (talking about circles )
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Not to be an ass, but this thread is really going in circles, so on topic: what can we expect to be unbanned at the next announcement, if anything at all? (talking about circles )
    Either Black Vise or Mind Twist, once they ban Dig in their typical prisoner exchange. Maybe not this announcement, but in the near future.

Jan 2014
    Berlin, Germany

No one will ban Dig as long as it is legal in T2. You see if it is not to strong for their prime format it can´t be to strong for
    the format were a high powerlevel is the selling point of the same format.
    What some people still don´t understand is that it is intended that Legacy is a blue format because that is the format to go
    when wanting to play on a very high powerlevel without the need to buy cards like Workshop or Power 9.

Dig is not broken it is just another powerfull blue card. If something should get banned it is TNN or Delver which are totaly
    out of place as blue is not a agressive color by nature or intention.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Hear hear! If I recall correctly some people, including me, have been advocating this for a long time. Unban, evaluate and then ban again if neccesary.

...and people were stating that this is not motherfucking Yu-Gi-Oh where you ban, semi-restict, restrict and unban cards in Rotation based on idiocy and for selling packs with overpowered cards you ban later for obvious reasons. Seriously, unbanning cards to break the metagame in half and pissing of players just to reverse decisions 3 months later would WotC look like idiots and cause shitstorms. There is no compelling reason for dangerous unbannings for the unbannings sake
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Jan 2014
    Berlin, Germany

Thank God that this is not YugiOh the game which advocates the when enough people play something wrong it becomes right rule.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Teveshszat View Post
    Thank God that this is not YugiOh the game which advocates the when enough people play something wrong it becomes right rule.
    Like playing a spell before you tap your mana or the change to the mull rule from having to take all your mulls at once and then pass priority so your opponent can do the same?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Teveshszat View Post
    No one will ban Dig as long as it is legal in T2. You see if it is not to strong for their prime format it can´t be to strong for
    the format were a high powerlevel is the selling point of the same format.
    What has Dig being legal in T2 to do with the power level of older formats? Other formats have a way lower curve and better enablers for Delve. Wizards explicitely stated that they were okay with shitting out OP cards as long as they don't break Standard. Point in case: TC and DTT.

Besides, by that logic, we would still be flinging around TC, which is still legal in Standard, while banned/restricted everywhere else. At least they had the decency to immediately ban Dig in Modern, too.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Seriously, unbanning cards to break the metagame in half and pissing of players just to reverse decisions 3 months later would WotC look like idiots and cause shitstorms. There is no compelling reason for dangerous unbannings for the unbannings sake
    As if people aren't pissed already... There is no way WotC can do good anyhow, or any suggestion from the players for that matter. Ban, unban or what not: you will always have people complain/ be pissed.

I for one have just decided to collect blue staples, and (in the meantime) enjoy my game of MtG when possible. Problem solved.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Like playing a spell before you tap your mana or the change to the mull rule from having to take all your mulls at once and then pass priority so your opponent can do the same?
    Definety not things players do, definitely not something worth rioting over
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Both of those are actually improvements to the flow of the game though.
    Declaring then taping works better for people's reasoning and mental process.
    As well first player mulling first gave the second player more information about his hand, as there are hands you can not keep if your opponent has a decent hand, but if they mull to 4 are worth risking.

Now removing Mana burn because of bad players would probably be a example of worsening the game because of bad player abilities.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmcc13 View Post
    As well first player mulling first gave the second player more information about his hand, as there are hands you can not keep if your opponent has a decent hand, but if they mull to 4 are worth risking.

Now removing Mana burn because of bad players would probably be a example of worsening the game because of bad player abilities.
    I can not comment on mana burn, I can comment about a near full on riot when Dave Mills was DQed that forced a change in the rules. While the effect may indeed be beneficial, this is a case where a rule was changed due to the players. If you game fails to adapt then it will become stunted. I see no insult in a game changing its rules to suit it's base and that was the point I was making. This game as done it, others have done it. So what?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Also, announcing before paying costs vs. paying costs before announcing is pretty irrelevant in any case. Unless someone is trying to race through game actions, the opponent doesn't receive priority until both actions are completed so the information is never uncertain. Whining about 'dumbing down' is just inane.

EDIT: Dice_Box posted while I was writing. That's an even more narrow case and just improves the flow of the game. Even if that rule hadn't changed, the acceptance of out-of-order sequencing, especially when the game state is unaffected when priority is passed, really improves player experience.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

The goal should be to reward people for doing well not punish them for ignorance, mana burn was something no one would willingly let happen (minus a few cards, none of which would be good with mana burn), how does that make the game better?
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

The goal should be to reward people for doing well not punish them for ignorance, mana burn was something no one would willingly let happen (minus a few cards, none of which would be good with mana burn), how does that make the game better?
    Removing mana burn made cards like Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, Mishra's Workshop, Mana Drain, etc. less challenging to play as they made you also consider life lost of you had excess mana. They also often required (or at least suggested) certain deckbuilding concessions to give yourself mana sinks if you were likely to end up with excess mana floating around on a regular basis. I'm still not sure how I feel about the elimination of mana burn.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

If your building your deck to play those cards or to generate lots of mana, it's reasonable to assume you have something to funnel it into (be it a large green Suns zenith or a lodestone golem), it does make you consider loss of life but looking at how decks are built, it's a non-issue.

Mar 2013
    Bury, Manchester, England

"Necropotence is a fair and balanced Magic card. I mean, you lose life for cards..."
    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    If you pay me or give me some benefits, I might consider writing reports.
    Can I pay you for not posting in this thread?
    The conspiracy goes deeper than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    That's.... that's not how deckbuilding works.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

BBB lose life and you skip your draw step

Psh garbage

Thread Information