View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 575 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 754755255655715725735745755765775785795856256751075 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Anyone thinks that Fastbond really needs to be banned?

Since Legacy don't play stuff like Gush, I see it as a glorified Manabond for the Lands deck, but wouldn't make it much better than it already is (But better, yes, I know).
    Fastbond is just such a ridiculous card that it would have an entirely new archetype(s) built around it.

Just because a card doesn't neatly slot into the DTBs doesn't mean it's safe to unban.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Fastbond is just such a ridiculous card that it would have an entirely new archetype(s) built around it.

Just because a card doesn't neatly slot into the DTBs doesn't mean it's safe to unban.
    Courser of Kruphix comes into mind. Or Crucible + God knows how many retarded things. Wasteland/Ghost Quarter being a one-sided Perma-Armageddon. Or just infinite life with Zuran Orb.

Fastbond is a really, really dumb card.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Bond is ridicously broken, just stuff lots of cantrips into a deck , Horn of greed, zuran orb, ez t1wins. Iba posted a sick list with fastbond a while ago in the unbanned deck list challenge, i'll dig it up when i'm on my PC

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

I'd rather have workshop without jewerly than fastbond tbh

In other words yes Fuzzy, just about everyone in the room thinks Fastbond should stay on the banned list. What the hell were you thinking, buddy?

Fastbond would make Loam-lock attempts much more consistent. It would let Lands put Rishadan Port into play effective on turn 1. It would probably resurrect Crucible of Worlds for the infinite combos and wasteland locks.

Is that a bad thing in a meta that is already defined by absolute broken cards? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    I'm still not sure the rationalization of this is, but ok.
    Well, Dig Through Time is in about 50% of decks right now. I suppose you can say the same is true for Brainstorm, Force of Will, and Ponder, but those cards seem to be untouchable after all these years, which isn't true for Dig Through Time.

What percentage of decks were running Treasure Cruise again before it got banned? I can't remember.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I think Fastbond would be completely bonkers. And I would 100% play it too
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I think Fastbond would be completely bonkers. And I would 100% play it too
    It would be bonkers but in a format defined by cards like Delver of Secrets, Deathrite Shaman, Lion's Eye Diamond, Show and Tell, Terminus, etc, why are some turn 3 kill cards banned? It just makes no sense at all at this point.

Fastbond would raise the consistency level in lists like Lands but it's not like Timetwister, Wheel of Fortune, Time Walk, Demonic Tutor and Regrowth are Legacy legal. Those are the cards it's broken beyond repair with.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
    ...Those are the cards it's broken beyond repair with.
    Fastbond + Crucible of Worlds+any otherwise marginally playable self-sacrifice land like fetchland, wasteland, ghost quarter, cephalid coliseum, crystal vein, horizon canopy, archealogical dig, or city of traitors
    is pretty derpy.

For example,
    T1: Forest -> Fastbond -> Crystal Vein, Wasteland, Crucible of Worlds ... hard cast Emrakul.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Fastbond would make Loam-lock attempts much more consistent. It would let Lands put Rishadan Port into play effective on turn 1. It would probably resurrect Crucible of Worlds for the infinite combos and wasteland locks.

Is that a bad thing in a meta that is already defined by absolute broken cards? Probably not.
    You complain about how Miracles make the game uninteractive and how Terminus oppresses creatures, but are fine with a card that enables you to never get to play an actual game of magic because you never get mana into play? The card is stupid with Gush, Bounce-Lands, Daze, Moonfolks, Horn of Greed, Life from the Loam, Crucible of Worlds, Scry-Lands, Time Spiral, Diminishing Returns, etc.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

It would be bonkers but in a format defined by cards like Delver of Secrets, Deathrite Shaman, Lion's Eye Diamond, Show and Tell, Terminus, etc, why are some turn 3 kill cards banned? It just makes no sense at all at this point.

Fastbond would raise the consistency level in lists like Lands but it's not like Timetwister, Wheel of Fortune, Time Walk, Demonic Tutor and Regrowth are Legacy legal. Those are the cards it's broken beyond repair with.
    Uh... Regrowth is Legacy legal. In fact, it's been legal in Legacy for more than 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    You complain about how Miracles make the game uninteractive and how Terminus oppresses creatures, but are fine with a card that enables you to never get to play an actual game of magic because you never get mana into play? The card is stupid with Gush, Bounce-Lands, Daze, Moonfolks, Horn of Greed, Life from the Loam, Crucible of Worlds, Scry-Lands, Time Spiral, Diminishing Returns, etc.
    The card has a little tree in the top right instead of a raindrop, so how can it be overpowered? /logic

"Would ressurect crucible of worlds"

Wow it's so sad that Protean Hulk sees no play anymore, let's fix the situation and unban flash.

Oh wait we can't do that because it's a blue card

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    The card has a little tree in the top right instead of a raindrop, so how can it be overpowered? /logic

"Would ressurect crucible of worlds"

Wow it's so sad that Protean Hulk sees no play anymore, let's fix the situation and unban flash.

Oh wait we can't do that because it's a blue card
    I don't get your point here between all those hyperboles, sorry :)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2013
    Bury, Manchester, England

DEFINITELY on the Unban Fastbond team. I would be a fan of that.

Also Gush.

In fact, just unban Gush, no Fasbond.

Also Black Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    If you pay me or give me some benefits, I might consider writing reports.
    Can I pay you for not posting in this thread?
    The conspiracy goes deeper than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    That's.... that's not how deckbuilding works.

Apr 2011
    the Netherlands

If Show and Tell was banned and someone asked for an unban, we would read the same 'are you kidding?!' replies we see now. I really don't know what should be banned or unbanned right now

Oct 2012
    Italy

The coolest thing and probably the right thing to do would be unban EVERYTHING except for the power 9, see what happens, than rebuild the banlist appropriately. Wizards fucked up the format so much in recent years, and there are cards that have been banned for so long, that is extremely difficult to get a sense of what should and shouldn't be banned.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    The coolest thing and probably the right thing to do would be unban EVERYTHING except for the power 9, see what happens, than rebuild the banlist appropriately. Wizards fucked up the format so much in recent years, and there are cards that have been banned for so long, that is extremely difficult to get a sense of what should and shouldn't be banned.
    How would that, in any possible way, be the right and coolest thing to do?

We have a very diverse (blue-based) metagame, where both aggro (not linear aggro), midrage, combo and control are all viable strategies.

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

and welcome back to stone age with Channel-Emrakul/Bonefire rampaging each turn 1.
    - No, thanks !

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    How would that, in any possible way, be the right and coolest thing to do?

We have a very diverse (blue-based) metagame, where both aggro (not linear aggro), midrage, combo and control are all viable strategies.
    Except you follow the mindset of a certain group, that the format is flawed, if play-creature-and-attack.dec, isn't a top tier strategy

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information