View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 633 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1335335836236296306316326336346356366376436837331133 ... LastLast
Results 12,641 to 12,660 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsie View Post
    It could be something like a 1CC artifact "Players cannot cast spells of mana cost 1".
    I don't see that happening as you described for 2 reasons:

1.) It's a 1 mana investment that shuts down a (typically) large part of competitive decks. That is OP. It would cost 2 mana at the very least. Probably 3 if it says 'cannot cast' rather than 'is countered'.

2.) It's a non-bo with itself.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Make it colored, 4 mana and give it the Leyline clause.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Just want to say, I wasn't trying to turn this thread into the card creation thread, just more steering the converstaion towards how this "problem" can be solved without the need to ban things it just takes a few key printings or unbannings to solve it.

#FreeMentalMisstep

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy View Post
    Just want to say, I wasn't trying to turn this thread into the card creation thread,...
    Don't worry. It's an improvement in many ways.

More on topic...

Either Top and/or DTT get the hammer, or Survival gets unbanned.

I'd love to see a meta with both Miracles and Survival tbh.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatria View Post
    More on topic...

I have a feeling survival will get unbanned eventually the same way gush and Gifts did in vintage.

Reanimator is faster and even that is easily hated out these days. Show and Tell is just more robust.

Who knows if vengevine would still even be good, but I'd rather die in the combat step than to an enchantment.

There's really no reason for survival to remain banned. Legacy has more than enough ways to combat it.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    There's really no reason for survival to remain banned. Legacy has more than enough ways to combat it.
    I'd like to see the results of a survival deck versus a miracles deck (with sideboard RIP)

Survival doesn't really add much to the format except another dominating blue deck. Yawn.

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Survival doesn't really add much to the format except another dominating blue deck. Yawn.
    Wouldn't survival be tend to be W/G/X because 1 mana tutors for your engine are better then cantrips, and it wants a large # of creaturers as well...

Mar 2013

There is a combo build that's traditionally U/W/G and it's one of the more powerful of the Survival lists.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Except that isn't really the case.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatria View Post
    More on topic...

Unban Survival and Recruiter. Make a new deck, and improve a current deck that has been constantly shit on by WOTC for about 5 years in a row now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Except, back in the days, most did not run Blue. Even in today's meta Blue would be the last color I would look at. I think you are really nice guy, but sometimes check your facts.

Unban Goblin Recruiter, indeed. Give the Goblin-Tribe some sweet lovin'! Hell, I'm sure it isn't even the card Goblins needs to be viable again (artifact/ enchantment-hate, +1/+1-Lords, cheap and effective Goblins)
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Except, back in the days, most did not run Blue. Even in today's meta Blue would be the last color I would look at. I think you are really nice guy, but sometimes check your facts.

Unban Goblin Recruiter, indeed. Give the Goblin-Tribe some sweet lovin'! Hell, I'm sure it isn't even the card Goblins needs to be viable again (artifact/ enchantment-hate, +1/+1-Lords, cheap and effective Goblins)
    Goblins will never be tier 1 and unbeatable again, because like dredge, it's so easy to hate out. Notably combo decks and or e.plague. I just do not understand why it's banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Mar 2013

Because of time issued caused by stacking ones deck.

Because of time issued caused by stacking ones deck.
    Wrong.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post882997

Mar 2013

Sigh.

This has come up time and time again. Recruiter was banned on power reasons, stays banned on time concerns. If it was not banned right now it likely would not be, but since it is, it's easier to leave it banned and not deal with the issue then unban it and create another "SDT" style issue. It's not going to break the format, but it's an issue that doesn't need to be created or faced.

Pointing to articles made 12 years ago is foolish, the format ain't looking much like it did then. The speed of decks has changed a large amount over that time. I don't feel like those two articles in any way reflect the realities or thinking of the modern Legacy format.

(Granted, pointing to 12 year old articles stating Jar is broken is likely not a bad plan, but again, the reasons would be outdated.)

Recruiter was banned on power reasons, stays banned on time concerns.
    Do you have anything substantial to back this claim up?
    A link to someone at WOTC who has ever said something to that effect? A youtube video showing how long resolving a Recruiter trigger takes?

Those who have actually played with the card know that time is never, ever an issue with this. You never actually stack the whole deck anyway, only the top 20 cards or so, and with a minimum of practice the time it takes to make four Ringleader stacks is about the same time it takes to activate Sensei's Divining Top four times and resolve a fetchland shuffle.

Just a though I'm toying with.

Wouldn't it be ok to leave Branstorm in the format but ban Ponder, Preordain and most probably Dig would also have to go, because the "cantrip cartel" these days is just really nauseating.

Brainstorm after all is iconic card, people enjoy playing it, it definetly is powerfull and has cool unique effect of putting redundant cards back on top or hidding info, but before axing it directly, I would try to cut all other cantrips as well. Brainstorm all alone, cant twist meta that much. Even with top it only allows for one deck to exist, Mioracles (personally I'm not ofended by this deck's exxistence).

Thread Information