View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 803 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 303703753793799800801802803804805806807813853903 ... LastLast
Results 16,041 to 16,060 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Top of library
    Ringleader
    Ringleader
    Siege gang
    Lighting Crafter
    Kiki Jiki
    Prospector
    Extra goblins

Sac Recruiter, pay one other mana, cast Ringleader. Draw Ringleader, Siege gang, Prospector, Lightning Crafter. Sac Ringleader, cast Ringleader, get Prospector and a Recruiter or Matron.

Sac new Ringleader, play Prospector

Cast Siege gang, Sac for six mana, Sac 2 tokens

Cast Kiki

Cast Lightning Crafter, in response to the Champion trigger, tap Kiki, make a copy of Crafter, Champion Kiki, tap copy for 3 damage, Sac to Prospector. Repeat.

Other combo is Sharpshooter and Kiki/Crafter. In that case you use Crafter to shoot itself, untapping Sharpshooter.

The idea I would stack 20 goblins on the top of my library is bullshit. I don't have to.

Edit
    I should also point out that at this point, we are talking about a deck that plays multiple 5 drops, 4 drops and 3 drop Enchantments running a combo that dies to Force, Swords and Bolt. I also do believe that's the most effective way to make the deck work. The only other option is to run more Siege, a Krenko and some other shit that does little to help when your not combing off.

Honestly, Dirty Kitty looks more threatening as a Goblins Combo deck.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Is there really any point to unbanning Mana Drain? It's known to be more expensive than FoW (all the more if unbanned); is the format being helped by unbanning a strictly better Counterspell (which isn't supposed to exist without mana burn) with that kind of a price tag? I don't really see the need to reintroduce get X mana after a Counterspell if it means an opponent will potentially present a worse deck b/c they didn't have a few hundred to spend. Knowingly adding cost to legacy, especially when it's for no good reason, doesn't help the format; it's already expensive enough.
    I think Drain is about where the line of reasonable unbans are. It's definitely Legacy playable (unlike Mind Twist) and I think that the risk it poses is reasonable, especially if the card we exchange is Counterbalance (in total agreement with Lemnear on this). The natural home for it is probably alongside Stoneforge Mystic and/or Monastery Mentor, so the thing I'd be most afraid of is something like turn 2 Drain into turn 3 Mentor + multiple cantrips or hardcast equipment/Stoneforge while holding up interaction. Those plays are powerful, but not out of line with what we typically see in Legacy, and unlike Counterbalance these lines even promote interaction. There might be better/more powerful lines that I'm overlooking, and it might not be safe, but I don't think it's as out of bounds as something like Necro. It's not on the RL so the cost is a temporary issue

Top of library
    Ringleader
    Ringleader
    Siege gang
    Lighting Crafter
    Kiki Jiki
    Prospector
    Extra goblins

Sac Recruiter, pay one other mana, cast Ringleader. Draw Ringleader, Siege gang, Prospector, Lightning Crafter. Sac Ringleader, cast Ringleader, get Prospector and a Recruiter or Matron.

Sac new Ringleader, play Prospector

Cast Siege gang, Sac for six mana, Sac 2 tokens

Cast Kiki

Cast Lightning Crafter, in response to the Champion trigger, tap Kiki, make a copy of Crafter, Champion Kiki, tap copy for 3 damage, Sac to Prospector. Repeat.

Other combo is Sharpshooter and Kiki/Crafter. In that case you use Crafter to shoot itself, untapping Sharpshooter.

The idea I would stack 20 goblins on the top of my library is bullshit. I don't have to.

Edit
    I should also point out that at this point, we are talking about a deck that plays multiple 5 drops, 4 drops and 3 drop Enchantments running a combo that dies to Force, Swords and Bolt. I also do believe that's the most effective way to make the deck work. The only other option is to run more Siege, a Krenko and some other shit that does little to help when your not combing off.

Honestly, Dirty Kitty looks more threatening as a Goblins Combo deck.
    I'm all for unbanning recruiter, and I don't think it would be a big deal. I was merely stating that it is disingenuous to say "if you haven't won by the fourth card you have lost," as LegacyIsAnEternalFormat said.

We could debate whether or not lightning crafter builds are optimal but I don't really care. Not planning on sleeping it up again even if recruiter is unbanned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 2013

I have no idea if they are optimal, just that you don't need 20 cards.

The thing about Foodchain Goblins is, no matter what you try and do, R/B Reanimator, Terminus, Storm or even Force is likely to belt you. I honestly believe Recruiter will see only slightly more play than Dragon does. You know, the other card that was going to force issues as people would go to their 7th game?

Why play Foodchain Goblins when Aluren is just better? (Steven, I know your answer, the question is rhetorical.)
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Why play Foodchain Goblins when you could play Foodchain Aluren Goblins which is just better?
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Does this go the same way of "I do not have to" like the beloved "EoT SDT - tank - put cards back 15sec later"?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Does this go the same way of "I do not have to" like the beloved "EoT SDT - tank - put cards back 15sec later"?
    No, it's the same thing as "This is only slightly more playable then Dragon, the other card that eats so much time."

Mar 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/wizards_m...57299203268609

In five hours (11AM PST) there will be a Banned & Restricted List update. We will share the article when it is live.
    That's early, and ominous. 5am for me. I will have to wake up to this one.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Doubt it's related to legacy.

That aside, time to bust out with the over the top hyperbolic assumptions.

Clearly this is a sign they are banning griselbrand and Leovold.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Mar 2013

My best guess is its likely Modern and Standard. If anything gets taken out of Legacy I will be suprised and Tomb is the only card Randy wants Restricted, so that's a maybe.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Admittedly I haven't played that much Vintage, but restricting Tomb when you have unrestricted workshop seems questionable
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Mar 2013

Pillars are still seen as a thing. In short, there is a list of cards (Drain, Ritual, Bazaar, Workshop and later on Null Rod) that are, or where at the time the idea was floated, seen to be strong enough to restrict but yet would not be touched. Because they held up a "Pillar" of the format each. The irony is that now only the Fast Mana Land and the Draw Land of those seems broken.

Anyway, way off track.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

https://mobile.twitter.com/wizards_m...57299203268609

That's early, and ominous. 5am for me. I will have to wake up to this one.
    Thats not the regular B&R update, is it?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2013

A week early.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

28/32 or 87.5% of decks in the top 32 of the GP were 4x Brainstorm decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Must be some fake.

The B&R announcement is next week. After prerelease.

In their last B&R announcement they sad:

Next B&R Announcement:
    January 16, 2017

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ent-2016-09-26

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    Must be some fake.

Next B&R Announcement:
    January 16, 2017

That is the official WoTC twitter account my amigo.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the new splinter twin combo that is in standard after the release of the next set.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    Must be some fake.

Next B&R Announcement:
    January 16, 2017

This was posted from their twitter-account.

I doubt it's a fake.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

I highly doubt they'd rush something like this for Modern and/or Legacy, I feel like Emrakul is getting banned in standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Mar 2013

Whatever it is, somethings going to happen. Its always the first announcement of the year that is exciting. Fingers crossed Twin is back hey.

Thread Information